Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Secrect Service, ...
ChuckRozool
post Feb 24 2006, 06:38 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,706

Is there a KGB/CIA equivalent in Tir na nOg.
The reason for the question is a possible character idea.
A former Tir na nOg "secret agent"
At first I was gonna go with cat burgler, but this some how (don't ask me how) morphed into a secret agent type person.
As for as the Tir na nOg bit, I thought it'd be fun to do an Irish accent. Who knows maybe I'll go with a Pikey accent. "You like dags?"

I guess there would be, and if so, what's the name?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Feb 24 2006, 07:04 AM
Post #2

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

Well, one of the characters in the game I'm running is an IRA assassin. As far as specific groups, check out either the Tir na nOg sourcebook, or the entry in SoE.

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon8685
post Feb 24 2006, 07:04 AM
Post #3

Horror

Member No.: 7,445

Tir Ghosts, I think? Not sure TBH, but I heard that in connection with a similar connotation.

+Quote Post
mfb
post Feb 24 2006, 07:06 AM
Post #4

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

there seem to be several overlapping entities which fill that role--none of 'em do the whole thing, but combined, they fill the same functions.

-Order of Cu Chulainn
basically, the na nOg version of Ghosts. lots of adepts and mages, very little cyber, hardcore special forces.

-Interior Affairs Registry
it's a database, not an organization, but one presumes that the information in the database has to come from somewhere. the IAR contains data on all nations (and, one presumes, megas).

-Foreign Ministry
international Tir spies are likely a part of this organization, though in what capacity is not stated. it is stated that the FM has access to the IAR.

+Quote Post
ChuckRozool
post Feb 24 2006, 07:22 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,706

interesting well let me show you guys what i got so far...

keep in mind this is still WIP and the name are temporary. oh and this is some of the BG story...

Rich elven kid who got bored with always having everything. decided to steal that which he could not buy. in an attempt to steal a valuable piece of art, he was caught red handed. The owner of the art piece, one Steve McQueen, was a member of the Tir na nOg Liberation Front (prior to the formation of tir na nog, group name made up obviously)and offered Thomas a way out. He was to steal some important data from a government building. No one thought he would be able to actually get the information. In fact, he was being used as a diversion.

Thomas was able to quickly and quietly obtain said data. Suprised by Thomas' success Mr. McQueen asked Thomas if he'd be interested in more work. Thomas accepted and thus began his career with the Liberation Front. Aside from Intel gathering Thomas was evetually asked to perform other duties such as extration of key Liberation members from law enforcement custody. Thomas has also been involved in at least three murders of top of certain anti simpathisers. The British Secret Service had been putting together a file on Thomas and other "enforcers" and began to apprehend them.

long story short, failed capture attempt on Thomas days before Tir na nOg was granted independence. Mr Mcqueen was appointed ambasador to Amerindia nations. As a favor bring thomas along.

+Quote Post
SL James
post Feb 24 2006, 10:59 AM
Post #6

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

Group: Banned
From: Pissing on pedestrians from my electronic ivory tower.
Member No.: 7,473

You may as well just call it the Provisional IRA because that was the group run by Liam O'Connor prior to his taking power in Ireland and leading to the creation of TNO.

mfb's right insofar that a nation's diplomatic corps has always been a popular cover for clandestine human intelligence offficers working overseas. The name of the intelligence apparatus also doesn't really matter much since anything you come up with will be unofficial anyway.

When I first read the title I was expecting to whip out some charts and information I had about another secret service. Oh well.

+Quote Post
Critias
post Feb 24 2006, 01:17 PM
Post #7

Freelance Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,714

QUOTE (SL James)
When I first read the title I was expecting to whip out some charts and information I had about another secret service. Oh well.

Denied !!

+Quote Post
Guest_MK Ultra_*
post Feb 24 2006, 11:50 PM
Post #8

Guests

SL´s right, Provisional Irish Republican Army would be the name in canon. After TNO got started, the IRA was restructured into the TRC (Tir Republican Corps), sort of a federal police, secret police and interior intel agency rolled into one (including a host of 32 top bodyguard-adepts (for high government members) from the order of Cu Chulain, the reach fuileach (spelling?, it means bloody bodys or bloody boys), roughly on par with the Tir Tairngire Ghosts White Banner (the Prince Regents personal), and also used for asassination).

+Quote Post
September
post Feb 24 2006, 11:54 PM
Post #9

Target

Member No.: 8,185

Then who are the Tir na nOG TRC? I still can't figure out who they are.

+Quote Post
mfb
post Feb 25 2006, 12:28 AM
Post #10

Immortal Elf

Tir Republican Corps. they're a subdivision of the Garda, which is the Tir's police force. Garda is the po-pos, the TRC is SWAT on Awakened crystal meth. the Reach Fuileach is a subdivision of the TRC, and is basically a squad of assassins. these guys are all internal to the Tir, though, no international operations or jurisdiction.

+Quote Post
Guest_MK Ultra_*
post Feb 25 2006, 12:28 AM
Post #11

Guests

Um, as stated, they are the federal and secret police in Tir na nÓg (and allso the only security services provider to be used in TNO, since privat security forces are not allowed there). It was only when the Tir was built, that the TRC was formed out of the Rebel-Network and paramilitary forces of the IRA. I guess they are as straight as every other totaliterian secret police now.

Edit: To confuse metters a bit more, the "Official IRA" (thats actually, how they are calling themselfes) is a anti-Tir terrorist organisation in Tir na nÓg, which is neither identical with the TRC or the Provisional IRA. :wobble:

+Quote Post
Guest_MK Ultra_*
post Feb 25 2006, 12:31 AM
Post #12

Guests

QUOTE (mfb)
the Reach Fuileach is a subdivision of the TRC, and is basically a squad of assassins.

Well, oficially, they are the bodyguards of the Members of the Council of Stewards, but in practice, your probably right, it was sugested, that they are used for such work exhaustively.

+Quote Post
mfb
post Feb 25 2006, 12:36 AM
Post #13

Immortal Elf

in TNN, they're listed explicitly as a subdivision of the TRC. their function, within the TRC, is bodyguarding the Council of Stewards. they just perform their bodyguarding proactively!

+Quote Post
Guest_MK Ultra_*
post Feb 25 2006, 12:38 AM
Post #14

Guests

Ah, yea, good old "active securety" :D

+Quote Post
SL James
post Feb 26 2006, 06:26 PM
Post #15

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

Group: Banned
From: Pissing on pedestrians from my electronic ivory tower.
Member No.: 7,473

QUOTE (MK Ultra)
QUOTE (mfb @ Feb 24 2006, 07:28 PM)
the Reach Fuileach is a subdivision of the TRC, and is basically a squad of assassins.

Well, oficially, they are the bodyguards of the Members of the Council of Stewards, but in practice, your probably right, it was sugested, that they are used for such work exhaustively.

In Tír na nÓg, it says outright that 6 of them are on active duty in Ulster at any given time.

+Quote Post
mfb
post Feb 26 2006, 07:49 PM
Post #16

Immortal Elf

6 out of 36. my guess is that they also act as a sort of SWAT team, specifically for the sort of threats that might actually give an IE cause for concern.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:25 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.