Reply to this topicStart new topic
> tisoz's World, new game
tisoz
post Apr 5 2004, 06:13 AM
Post #1

Free Spirit

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,920

Time to give something back to Shadowrun and let myself play all those illegal characters.:) I'm going to start a game PBP. Hopefully, people will post several times per week.

The first few things I've got planned are basically heists and a bodyguard detail, so a normal team should be able to succeed. Priority, Sum to 10, Build Points - 125 BP, Becks - whatever Becks suggests. Show where you spend points to help speed charachter legalization/acceptance. Rating 6, anything availability 8 (yes that includes cultured bioware, even delta cyberware after adding the modifier - I think that only includes a datajack though. :cyber: ) Spell points can be used for initiating or bonding foci. Companion characters are ok.

Something I'm going to try (inspired by 7th Sea), Hooks in background that come into play will be worth karma. So Your older brother was a Sioux Wildcat and taught you all your combat skills, your dad worked at Ares and got you all your gear and your mom was an initiate in a magical group and got you all those keen magic goodies doesn't count for anything. But if they all get kidnapped and you have to foot the rescue bill, then yes. Who in their right mind would kidnap that group?

Seattle, WA, 2060.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Apr 5 2004, 06:17 AM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,302

I'm in a gaming mood, and out of daily inspections, so I'm game. Just need to wrap my mind around who to play.

+Quote Post
Panzergeist
post Apr 5 2004, 06:27 AM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 5,676

Count me in. Time to try out my sword-swinging adept idea. Is aptitude:edged weapons kosher?

+Quote Post
TinkerGnome
post Apr 5 2004, 12:50 PM
Post #4

Dragon

Member No.: 4,706

I've got a rigger who's lookin' to get played ;) He's even ultra-legal in terms of vehicles and drones. Where do you want characters sent?

+Quote Post
BGMFH
post Apr 5 2004, 01:46 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,018

Tinkergnome, I think I'll join you as your rigger buddy...

+Quote Post
Beast of Revolut...
post Apr 5 2004, 08:41 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,140

I'm making an adversary shaman that I would love to have in this game. I'll have him submitted today.

+Quote Post
Yum Donuts
post Apr 5 2004, 08:43 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,883

I got a cybered B&E guy I've been wanting to play. I'll get him to you in 36 hours.

+Quote Post
Eyeless Blond
post Apr 6 2004, 12:32 AM
Post #8

Decker on the Threshold

Member No.: 6,156

I've got my combat medic character from this thread that I've been itching to insert into a game. I've even got 100-pt buy stats for Joy, his assistant. Think he'll do?

+Quote Post
Beast of Revolut...
post Apr 6 2004, 02:05 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

That's cool. Combat medic, 2 riggers, an infiltrator, an adept, a shaman, and whatever Heroin plays. Sounds like we could use a decker and/or a sammy. What kind of vehicles are you riggers getting?

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Apr 6 2004, 02:28 AM
Post #10

Neophyte Runner

I'm going with my face/bodyguard/hitman type... basically a guy who relies on nothing but pure skill and force of willpower.

+Quote Post
TinkerGnome
post Apr 6 2004, 02:32 AM
Post #11

Dragon

Member No.: 4,706

As much as I like Apoc (my rigger), I'd be happy to trade out for a decker. I'm somewhat sammied out right now, though.

Provided I play Apoc, he runs a Brumby (nothing special), loaded out GMC Bulldog, a Lynx, a Doberman, a Condor, a MCT roto, and an arachnid. He did have a Westwind, but I'm ditching that in favor of network encryption (if we really do have two riggers, this is essential).

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Apr 6 2004, 02:38 AM
Post #12

Neophyte Runner

Notably, the riggers won't always need to provide a ride for Snow, he's the type that believe in being self reliant, plus he rides in style. Porsche Winter baby.

+Quote Post
Yum Donuts
post Apr 6 2004, 02:58 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,883

availability 8 (yes that includes cultured bioware, even delta cyberware after adding the modifier - I think that only includes a datajack though. :cyber: )

You do know that going Delta adds +9 to the availability, ergo nothing wouldn be under 8 if delta, and betaware's +5 rules out almost everything but chipjack's and tooth compartments (there are a few things worthwhile though).
I'm not complaining by any means, just thought I'd mention it.

Also, what's the rule on custom gear? I mean, most GMs don't like the idea of building a gun from scratch (frankly, neither do I), but would you have issues with putting custom grips on a gun?

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Apr 6 2004, 05:36 AM
Post #14

Free Spirit

Characters can be personal mailed to me through dumpshock. Please state what method you used for chargen, and it would help to have numbers (costs) and totals just to doublecheck for errors. Like how I was thinking the beta modifier was the delta modifier.:)

Custom gear: I don't have a lot of problems with it, one character submitted is dikote crazy and I only have an issue with 2 items, and they can be worked out. Custom grip is almost standard in every game I've been in.:)

If you're adding things to vehicles, again, please itemize the costs (maybe note page #s.)

I'm going to be posting around 11pm local time wherever in the US I happen to be weekdays and when time allows weekends.

A house rule I picked up, contacts may be purchased (as well as earned through roleplay) during the game. Think of them as having a SI of 1/2/3 for contact/buddy/ffl. And they can be upgraded like gear.

+Quote Post
Panzergeist
post Apr 6 2004, 05:40 AM
Post #15

Running Target

I used build points.

+Quote Post
Beast of Revolut...
post Apr 6 2004, 05:42 AM
Post #16

Moving Target

I used build points too.

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Apr 6 2004, 05:49 AM
Post #17

Free Spirit

Yeah, I figured that out the long way. :(

Beast of Revolutions, can you get me a background?

Panzergeist, I kind of understand how you could explain all the skills even with the limited amnesia BG you furnished, but I never heard back on the geas question. And I messaged you with the dikote issues.

+Quote Post
Eyeless Blond
post Apr 6 2004, 06:13 AM
Post #18

Decker on the Threshold

Question: how strict are you with encumberance? I just noticed that I'm about three kilos over my limit right now, which IMO is really stupid because all I'm carrying is a medkit, a submachine gun, two clips and my clothes, and I've got a Str of 5.

+Quote Post
Panzergeist
post Apr 6 2004, 06:24 AM
Post #19

Running Target

Done.

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Apr 6 2004, 06:29 AM
Post #20

Free Spirit

QUOTE (Eyeless Blond)
Question: how strict are you with encumberance? I just noticed that I'm about three kilos over my limit right now, which IMO is really stupid because all I'm carrying is a medkit, a submachine gun, two clips and my clothes, and I've got a Str of 5.

Usually I don't notice encumbrance unless someone is becoming a pain.:) Or if they have less than average strength, or half a dozen guns, or 3 or more layers of armor...

If you didn't point out your situation, I probably would never have suspected, or even looked in that direction.

Kind of like how noting totals for how you spent points during chargen makes it quicker to approve and maybe miss something questionable. :) I mean, you either knew or had to look up how much an edge or item of gear cost or the racial modifier for your meta, but I may have to go look it up. (Dikote is not in CC.)

+Quote Post
Eyeless Blond
post Apr 6 2004, 06:32 AM
Post #21

Decker on the Threshold

Oh, that reminds me, that character is 123 point-buy as-is, so, um... add in Common Sense. Lord knows I don't have any myself. :P

+Quote Post
Bearclaw
post Apr 6 2004, 08:28 PM
Post #22

Shooting Target

Member No.: 1,304

Do you still need a decker? I can do a combat decker type. I've already played him a lot, but I can go back to the beginning with him.

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Apr 7 2004, 12:42 AM
Post #23

Neophyte Runner

Just have to look Snow over, revise a bit to fit the game. I'll note his history is one of my more twisted, and fun ones.

+Quote Post
Sphynx
post Apr 7 2004, 11:48 AM
Post #24

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 3,437

I assumed when I turned in my sheet that SURGE was not allowed since it wasn't mentioned. If Surge is allowed, I would like to be DualNatured. If not, character is complete as turned in.

Sphynx

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Apr 8 2004, 09:22 AM
Post #25

Free Spirit

QUOTE (Eyeless Blond @ Apr 5 2004, 07:32 PM)
I've got my combat medic character from this thread that I've been itching to insert into a game. I've even got 100-pt buy stats for Joy, his assistant. Think he'll do?

Can you cut and paste the final version and PM it to me here at dumpshock? Maybe annotate costs if you have them?

Everyone, I have 7 characters submitted, tinkergnome, Yum Donuts, Sphynx, Panzergeist, Beast of Revolutions, Digital Heroin, And Eyeless Blond (kind of.) If anyone else is interested, let me know. This isn't necessarily 1st come 1st in, and some preference will be shown to those not involved in another game. I don't want to upset those of you in multiple games though, there is a role for everyone that wants to play. (One of the characters I got would fit perfectly as an NPC for one of the jobs I have in mind.

Anyone wanting to play an NPC is welcome to discuss the possibility with me. Maybe this will get interactive.

I'll give everyone until after Easter weekend before starting. The runs I have planned could stand alone, so even when we get started there may be an opportunity to join. Especially if people drop out. I'm hoping to get some hooks from backgrounds to help work this into a campaign.

And a reminder, 125 BP if using that method, Seattle, 2060 (SURGE hasn't occurred yet.)

+Quote Post

16 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:08 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.