Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Living in the Shadows: Shadowland OOC, Where the action all shakes out
WinterRat1
post Aug 6 2004, 11:11 PM
Post #1

Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,260

Welcome to the Living in the Shadows: Shadowland OOC thread. This is where all administrative matters such as rolls, questions, and out of character discussion (if necessary) will be held. Ditaki is the primary Matrix World GM, but questions may also be directed to myself or Tisoz.

Also, players are encouraged to submit ‘flavor’ posts for the Shadowland IC thread. Similar to how in numerous sourcebooks information comes from runners who owed Shadowland a favor, players are encouraged to ‘assist’ Shadowland by posting information of interest to their fellow runners. Additionally, for those who have Shadowland as a contact, this will most likely come into play, where you are ‘asked’ to contribute data. May as well contribute before you’re asked, lest you be asked for something really hard.

Please note, however, that because the Shadowland IC is an in-character thread, whatever is posted there is NOT necessarily true. Like anything else in the Shadowrun world, you can never be entirely sure if what you get is on the up and up. Just remember that, and take what you read on the thread with an appropriate dose of paranoia. Enjoy!

General LITS Information

Living in the Shadows: Guidelines
Living in the Shadows: Recruitment 1 (closed; see LITS: Recruitment 2)
Living in the Shadows: Recruitment 2
Living in the Shadows: Special Projects

Main LITS Threads

Living in the Shadows: SR 3 OOC
Living in the Shadows: SR 4 OOC
Living in the Shadows: IC Jan 1st - Jan 7th
Living in the Shadows: IC Jan 8th - Jan 14th
Living in the Shadows: Shadowland OOC
Living in the Shadows: Shadowland IC

Useful LITS-related Links

Living in the Shadows: Story Index Page
Useful Calendar Link for 2063
Seattle Sprawl Map

LITS Run Index

Living in the Shadows: The Warehouse Job OOC 1 (closed)
Living in the Shadows: The Warehouse Job IC 1 (closed)
Living in the Shadows: Running Over the Edge OOC 2 (closed)
Living in the Shadows: Running Over the Edge IC 2 (closed)
Living in the Shadows: Salvation OOC 3
Living in the Shadows: Salvation IC 3
Living in the Shadows: A Short Victorious War OOC 4
Living in the Shadows: A Short Victorious War IC 4

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shev
post Aug 6 2004, 11:42 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,949

I'm assuming we won't have to specify a location when we post (as it's obviously the shadowland node), should I assume we are to post times?

+Quote Post
WinterRat1
post Aug 7 2004, 12:14 AM
Post #3

Dragon

Still post times. Location is optional. It's in the instructions in the Shadowland IC thread. Anyway, go nuts!

+Quote Post
Ditaki
post Aug 7 2004, 01:26 AM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 5,967

Nice to meet all of ya. I've got a really good feeling about this.

+Quote Post
Kurukami
post Aug 8 2004, 09:06 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,242

A side note for my post: "he chu-sheng he za-jiao de zang-huo" is Mandarin, and it means "filthy fornicators of livestock". Link.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find my copy of Matrix right now. What're the rules for a datasearch? Is it just an Etiquette (Matrix) test? What modifiers are there?

(ETA): OK, assuming it's a straight-out Etiquette test (with unknown modifiers) to see if I can track down any information about connections between Wuxing and the Triads, I'll roll and get:

10, 4, 1, 1.

And perhaps another to investigate details on what Triad factions are most active in the Seattle area, with associated information about them and their concerns.

11, 9, 2, 1.

+Quote Post
Kurukami
post Aug 9 2004, 10:23 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Just as a side note -- in the original concept of the character, her Triad enemies were related to her actions against Wuxing. However, that can go either way in this game.

+Quote Post
Ditaki
post Aug 10 2004, 04:39 AM
Post #7

Target

I've got a couple of things to post. Expect updates in the morning tommorow.

[EDIT]As a side note, Lady Cheng's character sheet is buried deep within the Idiot's Guide to the Matrix thread, is it not?[/EDIT]

+Quote Post
Kurukami
post Aug 10 2004, 05:39 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Not exactly. That was one with a bit of experience and a substantially better deck and set of programs. PM me your email, and I'll drop the Excel and Word files I've got with all her stats to you.

+Quote Post
WinterRat1
post Aug 15 2004, 01:02 AM
Post #9

Dragon

I'm back. Ditaki, you've surpassed my expectations already. Keep going strong with it, I'm getting a real kick out of your work, not to mention how excellently done it is. :)

+Quote Post
Ditaki
post Aug 16 2004, 09:30 PM
Post #10

Target

Thanks. My net access might be a little spotty these next few days. I'm moving to college on Thursday, so, I don't know how much time can be devoted to the net over the next few days. I just put up another news snippet, and I'm pretty sure I'll have time for one more. Everything should be settled down in a week, though.

+Quote Post
banditf50
post Aug 16 2004, 11:33 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,525

Virgil regularly volunteers at homeless shelters in the barrens and is always on the lookout for ways to provide magical aid. After reading your post on shadowland seattle he would certainly go to investigate the girl and proivde what help he can as well as learn more about this new phenomena.
Since this post was in shadowland, but Virgil wishes to investigate in the physcical world, do we handle the investigation outside of this post?

+Quote Post
Ditaki
post Aug 17 2004, 05:04 AM
Post #12

Target

Yes, any real-world activity would be taken care of in the real-world IC page, not the Shadowlands IC page. Sorry for any confusion.

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Aug 27 2004, 05:34 PM
Post #13

Shooting Target

Member No.: 6,546

Sorry -- a quick in-post edit to the dates. It's meant to be an overview of a few odd stories over the past year.

+Quote Post
Kurukami
post Sep 14 2004, 04:11 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

Bump. This topic's nearly fallen off the bottom of the list.

+Quote Post
WinterRat1
post Sep 14 2004, 02:58 PM
Post #15

Dragon

ha, good job kurukami :)

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Sep 16 2004, 01:56 PM
Post #16

Shooting Target

Hoi, chummers, want to earn a little extra karma?

I need someone to write end-of-game-day police digest reports as released by Sheepdog, four or five short stories each, more or less the style you just saw. Each digest earns a bonus karma point.

Oh, and WinterRat or I might occasionally be e-mailing you with one of the stories to drop into the digest.

The next one will be due between (in-game) 2300 and 2400, January 5, 2063.

Who's up for it?

+Quote Post
banditf50
post Sep 16 2004, 04:01 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

I know that I already PMed you, but figured I'd post here as well. I can do that next police report. Question about the time though.
Do I determine the time to post based on my characters timeline, or will the time be advanced at some point?

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Sep 16 2004, 04:10 PM
Post #18

Shooting Target

Danke, banditf50.

Please base the time off the most advanced active on-the-street doings in the LitS thread, regardless of who's doing them: because that's what it will be playing against ... so as soon as activities advance from ~ 1600 to closer to 2300, the next one (January 5) should go up.

Feel free to draw from things PCs have done that you think would make a police report :D

+Quote Post
banditf50
post Sep 16 2004, 05:10 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

QUOTE (Sedna)

Feel free to draw from things PCs have done that you think would make a police report :D

Hahahah, I can see that this could go in some fun directions . . . :P
I'll make up some fun details when the time comes.

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Sep 17 2004, 02:33 AM
Post #20

Shooting Target

Okay, peoples, I need another willing victim -- ah, volunteer, this time to cover Socialite's entertainment updates.

At the very least we'll need them sometime in-game between 0800 and 0900 every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. You can add any new clubs if you like (if they're not canon, give us a general sense of where they are), skip a few clubs in any given update as long as you don't forget they exist (unless some PC went and burned them down), and as we well know from the entertainment scene, 99% of bands are here today, gone tomorrow. Same deal re WinterRat or me occasionally PMing you with something specific. Again, each entertainment digest earns a bonus karma point.

You can use Socialite to make other comments in-thread as well. We'll just count those under regular karma.

+Quote Post
WinterRat1
post Sep 17 2004, 03:08 AM
Post #21

Dragon

Out of curiosity, is that volunteer required to do any of these posts every single time, or can they switch off?

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Sep 17 2004, 03:22 AM
Post #22

Shooting Target

Well, ideally I'd like to have it as a consistent voice, but we don't live in an ideal world :grinbig:

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Nov 24 2004, 04:49 PM
Post #23

Shooting Target

Up we go.

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Apr 10 2005, 09:04 PM
Post #24

Shooting Target

Just a reminder that anyone is welcome to post on Shadowland, player or GM. Speculation, newspaper articles, advertisements, regular columns: all are welcome. Heck, if you just "acquired" a vehicle in-thread that you're looking to sell, or if if anyone actually wants to buy (or seriously negotiate down the price of) that Scoot of Lance's: go right ahead and post. Just remember, as in all things Shadowland: caveat lector, reader beware.

Since this place kind of grew organically, and since I'm also trying for some degree of consistency in my webbing of this bizarre corner of the Matrix, here's the tree structure I've been using:

THE MARKETPLACE
  • Classifieds
  • Personals

OP-ED
  • Agendas
  • Rants (and other editorials)

MAGICKNET

SEATTLE
  • The Barrens
  • Current Events
  • Entertainment
    • Seattle Nightlife
  • Unexplained Phenomena

CFS

The Corner of Grail

If you want to follow this structure in your posting, you'd be writing something like this:
22:31:07 Monday 08 January 2063
Shadowland Seattle -> Seattle -> The Barrens
or
Shadowland Seattle -> The Marketplace -> Classifieds

For now, outside Seattle, the section on the CFS is the only existent one because that's the only other place that's evoked active posting. As you post about events happening in other places, or as you find gaps in the current structure that need filling (ie. you've written something that doesn't fit anywhere else), I'll open up more sections. Eyes, I opted for placing your post under "Entertainment" rather than "CFS" because of its broad-based appeal.

Fyi I know about the coding bugs in the two Marketplace pages, but there shouldn't be any others in the Shadowland section. If you find any, let me know.

+Quote Post
Sedna
post Apr 14 2005, 01:13 AM
Post #25

Shooting Target

One more note:

Although you can only initiate IC discussions based on the date of your personal storyline, you can respond to / comment on anything that's dated before your storyline time.

That should make Shadowland participation much easier for almost everyone :)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:29 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.