Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AR Interfaces, ways of doing it
Panzergeist
post Sep 21 2005, 09:28 PM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,676

What are the various options a hacker character has for interfacing with augmented reality? I understand that visual data can be displayed on goggles, lasses, contacts, or cybereyes, and adio via earpieces or cyberears. If I missed anything there, please say so. As for interfacing with AR, what are the alternatives to using AR gloves? I' want to make a character who doesn't need to put on a bunch of stuff to use AR, so I'm looking for cyberware that wll let me do it with only my commlink and cyberware. Would I need a simrig, touchlink, or what?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hahnsoo
post Sep 21 2005, 10:40 PM
Post #2

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,014

If you have a datajack or 'trodes, you can hook up to your commlink with a DNI. Faster and more effective than AR gloves. A touchlink is only required if you wish to experience the touch-based sensorium of AR objects... you can probably get by with just an image-link and audio-link/earbuds. A sim module (cyber or as a commlink accessory) is necessary to experience simsense and thus VR.

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon8685
post Sep 22 2005, 12:55 AM
Post #3

Horror

Member No.: 7,445

Shoulden't this be in the SR4 board?

+Quote Post
Panzergeist
post Sep 22 2005, 05:45 AM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 5,676

Ah, that's what I wanted to know. So with a simrig, touch link, and datajack, all I'll need is to connect the commlink to the datajack. Perfect.

+Quote Post
kigmatzomat
post Sep 22 2005, 02:00 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

From: Louisville, KY (Well, Memphis, IN technically but you won't know where that is.)
Member No.: 7,626

Don't even need the datajack if you use a wireless/skinlinked trode net or nano-trode paste. I personally like the possibility of a cyber-free future for those in good health.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:49 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.