Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Miami Corp, What was that?
NightmareX
post Sep 23 2005, 06:11 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,687

Anyone know the name of the AA corp that virtually runs Miami in the novel Shadowboxer? I can't remember.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hahnsoo
post Sep 23 2005, 06:12 PM
Post #2

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,014

QUOTE (NightmareX)
Anyone know the name of the AA corp that virtually runs Miami in the novel Shadowboxer? I can't remember.

Gunderson Corporation. Shredded apart by Art Dankwalther, according to canon, but AFAIK, it's still around.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Sep 24 2005, 05:08 AM
Post #3

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

anyone know for sure if Art ever did actually finish them off?

+Quote Post
bclements
post Sep 24 2005, 01:11 PM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,021

I don't think that he did personally, but other corps (Wuxing specifically is mentioned) jumped in and got the good parts. The shipping and related companies were sold off, Atlantic Security is a shadow of its former self. Miami is a warzone. Gunderson's just a shell at this point, probably because no one thinks there's much worth in what's left.

+Quote Post
hahnsoo
post Sep 24 2005, 02:16 PM
Post #5

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,014

The two major assets of Gunderson were sold off, Montclair Industries (sold to Global Oil) and TransSea (sold to Wuxing). They still have Atlantic Security, but had to scale back their operations and funding for it, leading to Miami becoming lawless and chaotic. It is mentioned that Gunderson was reduced to 30% of its former assets by Dankwalther. If it's still an AA, it's in name only... certainly not a AA in size. My guess is that the Corporate Court will revoke Gunderson's AA status and it will simply be an A multinational corporation or even an unrated local corporation.

Note that all of this happens in 2061. Before then, Gunderson is the most powerful corp in Florida and Miami, and is one of of the larger extraterritorial AA corps.

+Quote Post
NightmareX
post Sep 27 2005, 08:46 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,687

Thanks guys :) We're doing a 2070 campaign in Miami, so the info is much appriciated.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2024 - 10:12 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.