IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fate of Darke, Is he dead, or simply "out of action"?
Arab_One
post Oct 7 2005, 04:03 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,680

What is the leading theory on the fate of Sen. Oscuro (Mr Darke)?

I know his Big Bad Plan failed and that he fell into the Abyss when the bridge collapsed, but did anyone see him die? Could he crawl back out of the hole?

I also heard a theory that he was the "burn victim" on Zurich-Orbital who fled Aztechnology and is afraid of mages. Could this be possible/probable?

Your input, as always, is eagerly anticipated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 7 2005, 04:44 AM
Post #2

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

AFAIK, it's still open i canon. But he's lurking about in my games. Being ousted from power by the second biggest AAA requires keeping your head down , but since the bloodmages are out of power in Azzie-tech, I don't see him hiding form them as much as trying to pull them away. but that's just my take.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Oct 7 2005, 05:39 AM
Post #3

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

They could potentially blame him for losing their status—after all, he was the one who let victory at the bridge slip through his fingers.

~J

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 7 2005, 06:14 AM
Post #4

Uncle Fisty

Or they could just do what we do- blame Ryan Mercury for everything.

But that's a good point, I never really thought of the blood mages thinking of it that way. I always saw them as blindly loyay. On the other hand, they could all just be a bunh of schemers trying to climb over each other, so they'd be more than happy to see him dead (and sacrificed, and bonded as a blood ally spirit!)

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Oct 7 2005, 06:35 AM
Post #5

Manus Celer Dei

There is no nastier enmity than that between the zealot and the person they formerly owed their zeal to.

~J

Postscript: well, that's twenty years I've been spelling (and pronouncing) it "emnity" proved wrong.

+Quote Post
mfb
post Oct 7 2005, 07:34 AM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

haha, fist, i think i might like playing in your games.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 7 2005, 08:08 AM
Post #7

Uncle Fisty

merci (ever notice no one ever says thank you in english if it's all they have to say?)

+Quote Post
DocMortand
post Oct 7 2005, 08:29 AM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 6,734

thanks.

.............what?

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 7 2005, 09:28 AM
Post #9

Uncle Fisty

my point exactly

(shut up Doc :S )

+Quote Post
Earthwalker
post Oct 7 2005, 12:00 PM
Post #10

Target

Member No.: 3,225

You know when you think you remember something from a book but then you arent sure of the book or in fact if it was all in your own mind.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that on the streets of Mexico City (Okies so I cant spell Technochitilan) in one of the worst shanty towns a figure is working to help the people. He is scared and often bleeding, but he was doing good work.

I always thought that was a fallen and risen again Oscuro. Then like I said I might have imagined the whole section of text.

+Quote Post
Halabis
post Oct 7 2005, 06:08 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,773

i though Oscuro shipped himself up to Z-O to retire. (and hide from the azzies)

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 8 2005, 04:45 AM
Post #12

Uncle Fisty

don't suppose one of you could pull up a page reference form that?

Earthwalker: I think that's more likely to be the bloodspirit chica that Oscuro sacrificed/used than the 'man' himself. Guy was evil to the bone, if such a thing can be said in shadowrun. I don't really see a guy that sacrificed young children to effectively ring about the end of metahumanity for his own gain trying to make amends with his fellow man just because he lost. Not trying to slam ya', just think it's someone else. Aztlan source book perhaps? One of the few I don't have, so I couldn't tell you for sure one way or the other. Ask AH I guess. :)

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Oct 8 2005, 01:19 PM
Post #13

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

QUOTE (Earthwalker)
Then like I said I might have imagined the whole section of text.

Yeah...I'm not recalling that.

QUOTE (halabis)
i though Oscuro shipped himself up to Z-O to retire. (and hide from the azzies)

The cryptic Corporate Download reference to the scarred, scared Senor Solis who went up the gravity well and refuses to come down. He may be Darke, although it's nearly impossible to tell.

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Oct 8 2005, 07:48 PM
Post #14

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

Remmeber, no one stays dead in Shadowrun except Dunkelzhan and Uncle Ben.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 9 2005, 03:55 AM
Post #15

Uncle Fisty

NOOOOOOO !!!! Uncle Ben!!!!!

Ok, think I finally found a good enough reason to pay an elite runner team to attempt a wetwork job on Z-O. Any takers? :]

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Oct 9 2005, 06:09 AM
Post #16

Manus Celer Dei

Can we get a "HELL NO!"?

~J

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 9 2005, 06:25 AM
Post #17

Uncle Fisty

hehe.... reminds me of a job offer we had once in a game...

We had just finished a rather spectauclar run for who turned out to be Alamaise against one of the IE's (nothign confrontational, basically snatching a link/pattern item all 'Harlequin' style). We later got approached by a Mr. Brauckhaus, asking us if we were interested in whacking Alamaise. :-| ...... :shock:

We said no as politely as we could and slowly got up and walked away.

So later on , Alamaise found out, and asked us if we wanted a counter job, to whak Jean-Claud Priault..... :|

We said no as politely as we could and slowly got up and walked away.

We spent the next three months in hiding.

Bear in mind we are not a team with such delusions of grandeur. We hope the GM was just trying to rattle us. But she keeps saying she's got something else going with that...... :|

Just kill me now please. :(

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Oct 9 2005, 06:34 AM
Post #18

Midnight Toker

If it is Darke in Z-O a confrontation confrontation could go two ways.

1. Background count of 9-10, no matter how powerful he is his magic is useless. He is an easy target if you can get to him.

2. He's probably a fragging Horror Construct. Horrors and their corrupted agents probably like manawarps. Instead of the +9 or +10 TN to his spells he gets a -9 or -10 TN. Housekeeping will have to scrub for hours to get the runner chunks off of the walls.

Before I make a decision I'll have to search every thread concerning Horrors and manawarps and see if fistandantilus3.0 has any opinions on the subject.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 9 2005, 06:53 AM
Post #19

Uncle Fisty

Well, in Harlequin's Back, Darke is listed as human, through and through, and IIRC, a 12th grade Initiate. Meaning he could still cast spell, although the drain would be a biotch. But hey, that's what blood magic is for now isn't it!

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Oct 9 2005, 07:06 AM
Post #20

Midnight Toker

Human and Horror Construct aren't mutually exclusive. Horror's can't create, they can only corrupt. Their "Constructs" are simply beings they corrupted to be more like them.

But if he does have to use blood magic the cleaning crew will be very angry. I could imagine him taking out the entire team save one member only to be assasinated by a disgrunteled janitor who is tired of cleaning up blood and metahuman giblets.

+Quote Post
nick012000
post Oct 9 2005, 07:30 AM
Post #21

Running Target

Member No.: 7,398

The whole place is microgravity, right?

He'd just have to wait until it starts clogging up the air vent filters, then replace them.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 9 2005, 07:33 AM
Post #22

Uncle Fisty

I'm pretty big into ED, so I realize the difference. All I really have to go on in SR is Hq's B., but in that one ,there are some actual horror constructs, and Darke has no particularily special powers or stats. So you asked my opinion on it, I say he's human.

Besides, in ED - Scourge Unending, it has rules for creating Horror Constructs, and it says that all adepts that are changeed into constructs lose all talents. That would include spellcasting. Making it hard for Darke to cast spells. That's assuming of course that both systems follow the same general guide lines, especiallu since S.U. was published well after the DHT.

And really the poor janitor would most likely being the source of the blood magic spell, not the angry guy cleaning up the mess. If it is Darke, I'm sure htat he's paying Z-O enough for a few janitors to be expendable. The question is, would htey let him stay after wards? I could see the Azzies sending up a team of runners just to have them get killed, and have the other residents pissed enough to kick him out, back down the gravity well to where they could get at him. They are 'expendable assets' after all.

Still wanna do that run? Pays good! Honest! We'll pay you half now......

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon8685
post Oct 9 2005, 08:00 AM
Post #23

Horror

Member No.: 7,445

Well, we can always use my "raise so many alarms they think they already have an internal breach" plan to get onto the station. After that?

Well, directly confronting a grade 12 Iniatiate, whatever the hell that is, sounds dangerous, is suicide. So you don't confront him.

You get your decker to the mainframe and explosively decompress his butt.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 9 2005, 09:15 AM
Post #24

Uncle Fisty

Have you ever seen the security sheef for Z-O Shadowdragon!? If you can find the SAN first ,in some AAA corps system, where it teleoprts to on an irregular basis, the first trigger step is at 3, it sends a probe. It's like a Red-18. So even if your Det. Factor is 12+, within a few moves, the system will start seeing you. Then there's the SK's ... and the three fates.... yikes

Better off going in without the matrix there unless you've got a cadre of top notch deckers. And they'd better be REAL DAMN GOOD, becuase otherwise:
1) the system will jsut shutdwon and you'll be out
2) Z-O only takes links from a specific SAN at a time. That link is from a AAA's system. So when you start setting off bells, either you've got a to already have a SAT link to their system on the ground, which will be some nasty lag, or they will trace you.

If you can do it though, then hell yeah, I'll hire you for the run, 'cause that's one damn good decker. Best way into Z-O is to have someone on the inside, which is ..... problamatic at best. I think we had a whole other thread on it a while back.

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Oct 9 2005, 09:16 AM
Post #25

Midnight Toker

QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Oct 9 2005, 02:33 AM)
Still wanna do that run? Pays good! Honest! We'll pay you half now......

My counter proposal is that you pay double now and we'll pay you back when we return safely.

Edit: On second thought, how do you feel collateral damage and how do you feel about paying our expenses? Suborbitals are quite expensive and we may not be able to obtain one with our resources. If you agree to pay our itemized expenses and don;t mind a little collateral damage, we can get the job done.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:36 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.