Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New virus, Better get those defs...
Bandwidthoracle
post Oct 11 2005, 06:46 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,672

Ok, here's my current idea list, these are all just things I'd like to see so I've been putting together rules for, but I really don't want to step on dev toes:
Anti-virus software (for the viruses)
Agent based search engine
Military grade encryption
Grid computing
Some more viruses (From Malicious to annoying)
Shadow Banks
Shadow Commcode Providers
Quantum processing
Alife
Resonance Realms
Maybe a distributed data haven (See grid computing)
Now, down to a virus:

Hey Chummers, it's your friendly grid oracle again, this time with news from my home ground.

pueblo Grid Advisory - 838
The following malicious traffic has been observed on several local telecommunication grids: Choker.A, Choker.B, and Choker.C. These three files are currently accounting for 3% of all traffic from the business grind, and 14% of all traffic on the municipal grid. Although this virus does not appear to threaten data, it's spread is causing a noticeable slowdown in some networks. It is recommended that all users update their anti-virus definitions to account for this recent development, repeated failure to fix your systems will result in your commcode being blocked.

OOC:
[ Spoiler ]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NightRain
post Oct 12 2005, 12:35 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 78

At that time roll (rating+2) dice

What rating is this virus meant to be? I think it would probably be a good idea to give each specific virus it's own rating. A virus is only as strong as it is until some writes a new variation of it, and at at that point it's a new virus anyway :)

+Quote Post
Bandwidthoracle
post Oct 12 2005, 04:17 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,672

QUOTE (NightRain)
At that time roll (rating+2) dice

What rating is this virus meant to be? I think it would probably be a good idea to give each specific virus it's own rating. A virus is only as strong as it is until some writes a new variation of it, and at at that point it's a new virus anyway :)

I intended this specific one to be around rating 4, but I figure if people wanted to code their own, they'd want flexability.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:02 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.