Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sensei, The NPC from Corperate Punishment
Shockwave_IIc
post Oct 12 2005, 04:56 AM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,499

Ok, a Little background, in a one on one game i've just started the player is playing a mage for the first time. The basic background for the PC is that he's a third generation mage. IE, His grandfather is a mage and so was his father all of which were first borns and the only males by thier parents (Yeah your basic prophecy stuff though no Prophecy is involved).

Now the Grandfather (Nathen), is basically a mentor/ plot device for the PC (Nathenial). And after teh first session or so i thought it might be and idea the Stat Nathen if only basically, so i thought i'd use Sensei as a base. Now is it me or is Sensei a little weak??

Now the only things i know is that Nathen has a Sorcery of 8, and Willpower of 6 and the two spells his cast so far are Stun Bolt and Mana Static. Also is good enough with a "british Fencing Longsword"(If such a thing exsists) to soundly thrash the PC. Ideas on how to change/ Improve what i was wanting to use as my base??

Metamagics?? Spells? Foci? (over the Weapon Foci he already has)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
caramel frappuci...
post Oct 12 2005, 04:59 AM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 7,782

QUOTE (Shockwave_IIc)
Now the Grandfather (Nathen), is basically a mentor/ plot device for the PC (Nathenial).

What's the father's name?

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 12 2005, 05:04 AM
Post #3

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

well, there's always quickening spell,s or using centering for spell casting for basic metamagics/power boosts. When I used Sensei , he scared the cr@p out of the PC's, and they had a few grade 6 initiates. Just slammed them with stacked spells and centering and such.

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Oct 12 2005, 05:15 AM
Post #4

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

QUOTE (Shockwave_IIc)

Now the only things i know is that Nathen has a Sorcery of 8, and Willpower of 6 and the two spells his cast so far are Stun Bolt and Mana Static. Also is good enough with a "british Fencing Longsword"(If such a thing exsists) to soundly thrash the PC.

+Quote Post
Shockwave_IIc
post Oct 12 2005, 05:26 AM
Post #5

Shooting Target

QUOTE (caramel frappucino)
QUOTE (Shockwave_IIc)
Now the Grandfather (Nathen), is basically a mentor/ plot device for the PC (Nathenial).

What's the father's name?

Can't remember but i think it was somewhat simliar, but the fathers dead anyhow...
When I used Sensei , he scared the cr@p out of the PC's, and they had a few grade 6 initiates

Thats makes Sensei a Lvl 8 Initate minimum right??

@hyzmarca
Thanks for the link, British General Officers Sabre, i think being that the Granfather is an Aristocrate and all that...

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 12 2005, 06:05 AM
Post #6

Uncle Fisty

I believe that he was 6 or 8. But you realyl can't measure a mage's power jsut by grade (although it certainly helps with metamagics that depend on grade like shielding). By far what carried weight with the group was just how I introduced him as an intimidating character that they should be wary of , then backed it up later with some nasty spells and making him very tenacious is his pursuit of the team.

+Quote Post
Shockwave_IIc
post Oct 14 2005, 03:45 AM
Post #7

Shooting Target

So can know one help on how to improve him?? Or perhaps tactics to make the most of him?

Because even his spell list doesn't seem to be that scarey.

The only thing i can think of is having a Trauma Dampner.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 14 2005, 04:40 AM
Post #8

Uncle Fisty

well a pain editor is always nice to avoid drain damage for one. Quickening with incresed reflexes and or armor are always nice ones, as well as a power focus. Another fun one to boost spell casting ability without putting his skill at the unbelievable level is a centering foucs of some sort. When all else doubts, add foci. Shielding foci is anoter nice way to add some defense without taking away from their spellcasting too much. Have some on call elementals of high force as well. 'Couple Force 12 Great Form elementals are always handy. Also, when all else fails, have a sniper back him up. ;)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:53 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.