> FanPro Commando Quarterly is up
Adrian Gideon
post Oct 15 2005, 05:02 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,846

http://www.classicbattletech.com/cbt_updat...e_announce.html

The FanPro Commandos are proud to present the publication of the new and improved FanPro Commando Quarterly!

Thanks to the immense efforts of numerous Commandos, we can once again enjoy the many aspects of Battletech in the quarterly format. However, it now covers all facets of what FanPro has to offer, including coverage on Shadowrun and Dark Eye. With information on recent and upcoming products, firebase listings, and a list of conventions that will have Commando support, the Quarterly isn't just for entertainment, its a compact source of information about what's up, and what's coming!

If you've never had a chance to check one out before, do so now! The download listed above is 5,375 KB, but if that filesize is a bit steep for you, don't fret. There's now also a lower resolution version available here. It is 2,435 KB.

Check out the Quarterly, and start looking forward to the next issue, scheduled to appear in January!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Oct 16 2005, 02:52 AM
Post #2

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

this realy needs a mailing list kinda system so that you can be mailed a download link when it gets released.

+Quote Post
RunnerPaul
post Oct 16 2005, 11:55 AM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 364

Did anyone else notice that they gave us Dumpshockers a nod for our superior Book-Fu? (Not in those terms, of course, but still it's nice to be recognized.)

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Oct 16 2005, 01:43 PM
Post #4

Dragon

Member No.: 3,263

Just curious, do you plan to switch SR articles over from SR3 to SR4? Point #8 in the GM tips is so obviously SR3. Or was that just a function of lag time from writing to publishing, and the author's (whoever that was, no by-line) own experience?

P.S. I also noticed Runner Havens wasn't listed but last offical word (via the SR4 #6 FAQ IIRC on shadowrunrgp.com) has it coming out before Street Magic.

+Quote Post
Adrian Gideon
post Oct 16 2005, 05:10 PM
Post #5

Target

QUOTE (hobgoblin)
this realy needs a mailing list kinda system so that you can be mailed a download link when it gets released.
That's a good idea. I'll talk to our web guy and see if he can set up such a list. Thanks.

QUOTE (RunnerPaul)
Did anyone else notice that they gave us Dumpshockers a nod for our superior Book-Fu? (Not in those terms, of course, but still it's nice to be recognized.)
The Dumpshock forum is the pre-eminent discussion board for all things Shadowrun, so its no surprise if gets frequent mention. And likewise, we're happy to get feedback from all of you, and any suggestions for the future.

QUOTE (blakkie)
Just curious, do you plan to switch SR articles over from SR3 to SR4?
There hasn't been a conscious decision yet - the SR3 slant is definitely due to "lag-time" as you suggested. Unfortunately in this case, we were not privy to SR4 until it was actually released. So you will be seeing more and more SR4 articles, if not exclusively.

QUOTE (blakkie)
P.S. I also noticed Runner Havens wasn't listed but last offical word (via the SR4 #6 FAQ IIRC on shadowrunrgp.com) has it coming out before Street Magic.
I'd have to say that this is also due to lag, considering we get this info from the top. However, I can't find the #6 FAQ update, I only see up to #5. Do you have a link?

Thanks for the comments, any other feedback or suggestion you may have, please fire away.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Oct 16 2005, 06:02 PM
Post #6

Dragon

QUOTE (Adrian Gideon @ Oct 16 2005, 11:10 AM)
QUOTE (blakkie)
I'd have to say that this is also due to lag, considering we get this info from the top. However, I can't find the #6 FAQ update, I only see up to #5. Do you have a link?

I just paged back through the history, not sure where else it might be linked from.

Sixth question down.

P.S. DSF comes through again. ;)

+Quote Post
Adrian Gideon
post Oct 16 2005, 07:08 PM
Post #7

Target

Thanks for the link. Weird that its not with the rest of the FAQ. I can't say for certain, but I would guess that the information we have is more up to date than the August announcement...we did have 2 "updates" of information before we released, for what its worth.

I hope that helps some.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Oct 16 2005, 08:35 PM
Post #8

Dragon

QUOTE (Adrian Gideon)
Thanks for the link. Weird that its not with the rest of the FAQ. I can't say for certain, but I would guess that the information we have is more up to date than the August announcement...we did have 2 "updates" of information before we released, for what its worth.

I hope that helps some.

It certainly is interesting information to consider. BTW if you don't mind me asking about what percentage of Commandos currently are SR active? I know there has been somewhat of a push to encourage Commandos to support SR at a higher level.

+Quote Post
Adrian Gideon
post Oct 16 2005, 10:21 PM
Post #9

Target

About a third of all Commandos are Shadowrun-specific. The release of Shadowrun 4 however, has sparked interest in many of the Commandos who either were unfamiliar to the game, or who had not picked it up in some time.

From what I saw, many of the "non-SR" Commandos have begun to devour SR4 - so the number is likely much hight than what I quoted, or will be soon.

+Quote Post
BaronJ
post Oct 17 2005, 07:58 PM
Post #10

Target

Member No.: 2,020

So, I tried to take a look at the Quarterly (and the rest of the Commando site) and I discovered that it's 'gone offline'... now the entire commandohq.com domain redirects to some hosting company named ENOM's 'Buy this Domain' page.

Um.. did I delete some important email?

+Quote Post
Oracle
post Oct 17 2005, 08:05 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

From: Earth - Europe - AGS - Norddeutscher Bund - Hannover
Member No.: 7,624

Seems like the domain expired.

The Whois entry for the domain:

Domain Name: COMMANDOHQ.COM
  Registrar: ENOM, INC.
  Whois Server: whois.enom.com
  Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
  Name Server: VIPER.WHITLOW.CC
  Name Server: NS1.KUCHARYK.NET
  Updated Date: 01-may-2002
  Creation Date: 17-oct-2001
  Expiration Date: 17-oct-2005

>>> Last update of whois database: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 02:37:17 EDT <<<

How can one be so stupid??? :dead: It already happened to bigger companys, but...

+Quote Post
Nikoli
post Oct 17 2005, 08:14 PM
Post #12

Chicago Survivor

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,033

I'm currently writing my module fo rmy Commando app, so I'll be fully applied as soon as that is submitted.

+Quote Post
Adrian Gideon
post Oct 17 2005, 10:21 PM
Post #13

Target

The domain will be restored shortly, but for the time being you can use these links:

Commando HQ

Commando Quarterly (Large)
Commando Quarterly (Small)

Sorry for the inconvenience.

How can one be so stupid???
Heh. Suffice to say that some people need to learn things the hard way, and this won't be happening again. :D

+Quote Post
BaronJ
post Oct 17 2005, 10:33 PM
Post #14

Target

Member No.: 2,020

Ah.. using the new domain works, as does the old one now too.

Stupid domain-sharks. I hates them.. I hates them all.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:32 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.