Reply to this topicStart new topic
> opinion or input or errors please
Liper
post Nov 18 2005, 02:58 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,885

This is a elf that went in for elective surgery and during such surgery discovered part of thier magic ability and as they went further under the knife developed further into his magical abilities. His end goal is to have his skull totally replaced, he believes his flesh is what had held him back from his magical potential all along.

When his legs were replaced he found the ability to astrally percieve, after his arms the ability to manipulate mana into sorceries, and when his torso he was finally able to project and conjure spirits.

Low Lifestyle

Elf 30pts
Body Agility Rea Str Cha Int Log Wil Ini Edge Magic
2(6) 9 2/6 6L8A 6 3/6 4/6 4/6 5/12 1 1
7avg
11 damage tracks
195pts
Astral Chameleon 5pts
Magician 15pts
Ambidexterous 5pts
Elf 30pts
Resources 50pts
290pts used

Influence 3 30pts
Firearms 3 30pts
Sorcery group 2 20pts
Conjuring group 1 10pts
Closecombat 2 20pts

15free points of knowledge skills.

Cybernetic Advacnment (Neuro cybernetics) 4
Fringe Religions 4
Social Movments 2
Zen Teachings 2
Government Laws 3
Eyes rt 2 .3e 750 (7k)
Recording unit 2k
Image Link 500
Low and Thermo 4ecu 2k
Smartlink 3ecu 1k
Flare Compensation 1ecu 750
Protective Covers 100

Cyberears rt 1 .2e (5.5k)
Damper 1ecu 750
Recording unit and sound link 750
Sound Filter rt 2 2ecu 2k
Audio Enchancment rt 1 1ecu 1.5k

Cyberleg 20ecu 1e 15k (25k) Enchancments 3500 Strength 6, Agility 9, Body 8
Hydraulic Jacks rt 5 10k

Cyberleg 20ecu 1e 15k (25k) Enchancments 3500 Strength 6, Agility 9, Body 8
Hydraulic Jacks rt 5 10k

Cyberarm 15ecu 1e 15k Enchancments 3600 Strength 8, Agility 9, Body 6

Cyberarm 15ecu 1e 15k Enchancments 3600 Strength 8, Agility 9, Body 6

Torso 10ecu 1.5e 20k Enchancments 1500 Body 11
Datajack 500 1ecu

225k to alpha it all
Enchancments cost 14000
12k left

Cerebral Booster rt 1 .1e 10k
1.1 essence Left

2k nuyen left

I'm probably going to switch out a set of gorup skills or something for some contacts as those are very needed for this guy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BGMFH
post Nov 18 2005, 03:05 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,018

Cyber reduces Magic rating by the rules.

Otherwise, the concept is semi-unique, if a bit on the twisted NPC toxic Mage side of things.

+Quote Post
Liper
post Nov 18 2005, 03:15 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

aye meant to reduce the magic hehe.

+Quote Post
BGMFH
post Nov 18 2005, 03:17 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,018

Also, you are going to be taking *lots* of physical drain...

+Quote Post
Vaevictis
post Nov 18 2005, 03:19 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,441

If I were a gamemaster, I might be willing to entertain your idea in one of the following ways:
1. The cyberware won't cost you any essense, but it will cost you nuyen... and won't provide any benefits. (ie, a cyberarm behaves just like a regular arm, etc.) It's just flavor.
2. Your maximum magic rating is equal to your lost essense, rounded up, but you cannot initiate. Cybermancy is your only way to go above six. (Good luck with that!)
3. Apply the normal essense rules, but add installing cyberware as a way to initiate for your character.

Interesting idea, imo. Gotta be very, very careful lest you totally pooch game balance.

+Quote Post
Liper
post Nov 18 2005, 03:22 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

I plan on looking at my mits and awakened books for a type of mentor spirit to develop for him.

+Quote Post
Liper
post Nov 18 2005, 03:23 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

1. The cyberware won't cost you any essense, but it will cost you nuyen... and won't provide any benefits. (ie, a cyberarm behaves just like a regular arm, etc.) It's just flavor.
2. Your maximum magic rating is equal to your lost essense, rounded up, but you cannot initiate. Cybermancy is your only way to go above six. (Good luck with that!)

that's a different game then SR then =p

The cyber isn't giving him the magic, or anything it's his own fragmented view on the world. Having cyber that doesn't cost essence but then costs nuyen is also wierd and unneccesary considering the added benefit of that stats = )

+Quote Post
Vaevictis
post Nov 18 2005, 03:42 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,441

shrug, it's just a matter of how you look at it. There are many different traditions, and I don't see why you can't have a cyber-monster tradition that alters how installed cyberware works. I mean, it *is* magic after all ;)

After all, it isn't the shamanism or hermetic traditions that give them magic, it's just that the traditions inform how they go about using it.

+Quote Post
Liper
post Nov 18 2005, 04:08 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

yeah, but that'd have to be for a npc cult or something, the fundamental issue of cyber vs magic is cyber rapes the bodys ability to conduct mana.

+Quote Post
Demon_Bob
post Nov 18 2005, 05:10 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,226

How does this sound?

Somehow the trauma of the first surgery awakened latent abilities.
These abilities normally accessed only by the sub-conscious began to fight to keep the character whole. It did this by somehow transforming the cybernetic parts into Power Foci equivalent to the essance lost. These Power Foci are so alike that their abilities augment each other. As the body was replaced the subconscious skills found thier way into the memory of the cyberlimbs.

+Quote Post
FrankTrollman
post Nov 18 2005, 05:36 AM
Post #11

Prime Runner

Group: Banned
Member No.: 7,665

The easiest way to do this would be to use the old Geasa rules. What with the crazy amounts of abuse that were done with those things back in SR3, I doubt they will ever get an official write-up anywhere for fourth edition, but for a Concept Character like this, they work.

The idea would be that until you put a strain on your magic, you didn't notice it, but as soon as your magic got strained and you spontaneously developed geasa to keep it, the magic (that had been there all along) was now noticed and accessible.

It even fits in with the flavor of SR magic. The character doesn't actually gain magic from losing essence, he just can't find his magic until he nearly loses it. Like how most people don't know where their kidneys are until someone hits them.

One of your Geasa could actually be to not gain any magic unless more cyberware came with it. If the character ever attempted to get magic without getting 'ware, he'd lose it all - so for him, his assessment of "cybernetic modification gives me power" is essentially correct.

-Frank

+Quote Post
Liper
post Nov 18 2005, 06:56 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

the how and why of the magic I'll be working out for myself, but as for now was wondering if I got the stats and points spent and all that correct = )

Thanks for your input so far guys

+Quote Post
Lilt
post Nov 18 2005, 11:34 AM
Post #13

Shooting Target

Member No.: 2,032

Have his cyberware made (at-least in part) out of orichalcum, enchanted as a power focus, and take a 6/4 (extremely well connected and sees you as the fruits of his labour) contact as a guy named 'Eliohann', who's your 'street doc' and the guy who performed the surgery on you.

What's so important aboit Eliohann? Those of you who have read Dot6W or similar books might recognise the name as that of the first dragon to ever have a datajack. Now he's not a great dragon, he's an adult, and possibly the first and foremost researcher when it comes to installing cyberware in awakened beings. He's working for Transys Neuronet, an AA-rated megacorp with its headquarters in wales, and the major shareholder of which is the great dragon Celedyr. I'd expect Celedyr, who has a reputation as being the dragon who spends more time on the matrix than some deckers, to have had cyberware installed by the year 2070 too (Eliohann had his installed sometime pre-2057).

After he'd cracked the secret of installing cyberware into people, why not go on to attempting to awaken people (selecting those who had the potential to awaken anyway) by installing enchanted cyberware into them.

+Quote Post
nick012000
post Nov 18 2005, 01:06 PM
Post #14

Running Target

Member No.: 7,398

Two words: Talisman Geasa, with respect to these particular cyberlimbs.

Also, this guy isn't so much of a 'flavor' character a 'best of both worlds' character.

Just look at the attributes on those cyberlimbs if you don't beleive me.

Also, buy guns, and dump the Firearms group for the Automatics skill (specialized in Assault Rifles or Submachine Guns), and the Pistols skill (specialized in Semi-automatics). You'll be able to save 18 points while acquiring equivalent levels of competency in your chosen guns.

+Quote Post
BlackHat
post Nov 18 2005, 01:21 PM
Post #15

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,180

WHy not give him some cybereyes? I think it makes more sense if he learned to astrally percieve after replacing his eyes... and the arms make a ltitle more sense for awakening casting than his legs, IMO. Torso makes a good one for unlocking astral projection.

+Quote Post
Demon_Bob
post Nov 18 2005, 05:30 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

QUOTE (Liper @ Nov 18 2005, 12:56 AM)
the how and why of the magic I'll be working out for myself, but as for now was wondering if I got the stats and points spent and all that correct = )

Thanks for your input so far guys

Few questions then.
Could you please edit first post to line up Attributes better.
Cyberlimbs +1 to physical dmg track so 16.
Some things I don't get: body2(6); What is base Agility; What is improving your base Reaction, Int, Will, Ini; Str 6L8A?

Ear recording unit and sound link are free with basic cyberears.

Eye Recording unit and Image link is included in basic cyber eyes.

I got 250K on alphawared cyberware alone.
Got 110 for skills, 25 on Qualities, Elf 30, Resourses 50 for 215 total. So Attributes need to be 185 or you need a 10 pt neg quality.

+Quote Post
Liper
post Nov 19 2005, 03:45 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Body is 2 naturally, averaging the body it's 6
Agility is only derived from limbs that can move, so that's augmented to 9 all across the board.
Reaction is 2
Strength is 6 in the legs, 8 in the arms and a 7 average.
Charisma is a 6
intuition is 3
Logic is 4
Willpower is 4
Magic is 1 (6 spent in magic)
Depending on how you go with body, which I'd assume for damage tracks it'd be average of all limbs divided by all limbs which is 6 limbs (head and torso would have a bod att but no strength or agility) comes out to 6 body +5 for the limbs.

195pts were spent on attributes.
30 on race
25 on qualities
50 on resources

hrmm looks like I did go 10pts over with skills.

Thanks for that note = )

+Quote Post
Liper
post Nov 19 2005, 03:47 AM
Post #18

Moving Target

Also the recorder and image link etc, they are free capacity wise in the replacments, but still cost money.

the book says Accessories must be same grade as the cyber it's in, but since the book made a distinction between accessories and enchancments (ie str/agi/bod to limbs) I didn't double the cost of the enhancments.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 19 2005, 03:55 AM
Post #19

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

QUOTE (Liper)
Also the recorder and image link etc, they are free capacity wise in the replacments, but still cost money.

As far as I know, they are free in both cost and capacity.

+Quote Post
Demon_Bob
post Nov 19 2005, 04:21 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

So if your characters Str and Agil before cyberware was 1 and to everything looks OK.
Could someone double cheak :nuyen: spent for resource BP.

+Quote Post
Liper
post Nov 19 2005, 04:32 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

well that'll probably toss me enough nuyen to get me a pistol starting out hehe.

+Quote Post
Liper
post Nov 19 2005, 07:34 PM
Post #22

Moving Target

yeah was looking, I over spent
6500 :nuyen:

I'm thinking of dropping the whole elf thing and going with human so I have more edge, since the only advantage of the elf is the higher max charisma

+Quote Post
Lilt
post Nov 19 2005, 08:10 PM
Post #23

Shooting Target

Member No.: 2,032

Well you don't seem to have cybereyes so right now elf is also giving you low-light vision.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 20 2005, 01:50 AM
Post #24

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

Not to mention the handy Agility boost.

+Quote Post
Liper
post Nov 20 2005, 02:56 AM
Post #25

Moving Target

Eyes are there, and ears = )

The agility boost is a moot point because of the cyber (all is replaced but the skull lol and organs)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:01 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.