IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Troll armor, Impact, Ballistic, or Both?
Lilt
post Nov 18 2005, 12:46 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,032

I can't seem to be able to find this anywhere, and I did do a search so if it was there then it was seemingly worded obscurely, but what type of armor is it that trolls have? They have one point, but is this a point of impact armor, ballistic armor, or both? I'm presuming both, like how the adept power was converted to both, but I'm just asking to make sure.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spetsnaz
post Nov 18 2005, 02:19 PM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 7,080

If it didn't change in SR4, it's just an extra Body point, for purpose of damage, like Dermal Plating.
That's how it worked from 1e to 3e.

+Quote Post
Feshy
post Nov 18 2005, 04:58 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

From: Metaplane GEPLK136 (The one with the lizards. You remember the lizards, don't you?)
Member No.: 7,684

QUOTE (Spetsnaz)
If it didn't change in SR4, it's just an extra Body point, for purpose of damage, like Dermal Plating.
That's how it worked from 1e to 3e.

This is no longer the case. From Dermal Plating:

Dermal plating confers a bonus to both Ballistic and Impact armor equal to its rating.

Additionally, the troll dermal armor specifically says "cumulative with worn armor" -- meaning it stacks with armor you are wearing. To do that, it'd have to be an armor value as well, not a damage resistance die. :)

My guess would be even though the troll says "Dermal Armor" and not "Dermal Plating" that it grants the same bonuses. As to where that leaves trolls with respect to orthoskin:

Dermal plating cannot be combined with orthoskin.

is anybody's guess.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Nov 18 2005, 05:18 PM
Post #4

Dragon

Member No.: 3,263

Troll Orthoskin would be cool since it's all natural, momma & pappa made Dermal Armor. :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:10 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.