> Astrally percieving/projecting, spells and what can be attacked
Turjon Apocritus
post Nov 21 2005, 01:13 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,914

Hello all,
I have been reading the awakened section a few times now and i think i read my self in circles because i am lost on an issue.

What can a character astrally percieving(dual natured) attack with a spell. As i see it he can attack both physically a meatbody or an astral form with a mana spell. Also an astrally projecting person can only attack other astral form but he instead uses his astral skill.

question two
Can a astrally percieving/projecting mage/adept attack a mundane persons astral persona.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Nov 21 2005, 01:18 PM
Post #2

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

1, correct. Dual natured beings (including magicians or adepts using Astral Perception) are present on both planes and can effect both planes. A being that is present on a single plane can only effect that plane.

2 Mundanes don't have any astral presence under normal circumstances. Only those under the influance of an Astral Shallow or the Astral Gateway power are vulnerable to astral attacks. .

+Quote Post
Turjon Apocritus
post Nov 21 2005, 01:33 PM
Post #3

Target

Ok so the mundanes aura us just that an aura and not a persona that he has in astral space that he doesn not know how to "work with".

So then my next question is does a mage/adept have an astral presense if he is not percieving or projecting.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 21 2005, 01:47 PM
Post #4

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

QUOTE (Turjon Apocritus @ Nov 22 2005, 12:33 AM)
So then my next question is does a mage/adept have an astral presense if he is not percieving or projecting.

No more than any other mundane.

+Quote Post
Turjon Apocritus
post Nov 21 2005, 02:02 PM
Post #5

Target

thank you all for the help

+Quote Post
Cold-Dragon
post Nov 22 2005, 06:09 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,780

Just remember that any spellcasting the mage does will show up (spillover) into the astral plan - and thus why you can track spell use. Even if you aren't exposed to danger that way, it can tell others where a mage is without them perceiving or projecting. Technically, assensing them from the astral plane might tell you that too.

I don't think any adept powers will ever spill over normally speaking, especially since the idea of an adept is 'inward' not outward. The Mystic Adept will have that problem with spells however.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Nov 22 2005, 06:21 PM
Post #7

Dragon

Member No.: 3,263

QUOTE (Cold-Dragon @ Nov 22 2005, 12:09 PM)
I don't think any adept powers will ever spill over normally speaking, especially since the idea of an adept is 'inward' not outward.

Over the years this has been, er, debated ;) extensively for SR3 on DSF. Most powers are not contentious. But there is a bit of disagreement about things that cause drain (Attribute Boost), more so with things where a magical construct may, or may not be the point of contact with an external obect (Killing Hands), and even more yet about powers that work at a distance (Distance Strike) or maintain a link over distance (Death Touch or something?).

Some of those powers haven't made it to SR4 [yet], but the less contended ones have. Using Search on the main forum (edit: make sure to set it to a longer timeframe than 30 days) should dredge up more dialog on the subject than mere mortals were intended to endure. :dead:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:56 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.