Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What ever happened to Hatchetman?
Abstruse
post Sep 30 2003, 11:21 AM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,488

Ummm...the topic pretty much explains it all. What happened to Hatchetman after he left the clinic in Cybertechnology? Has anyone ever said?

The Abstruse One
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synner
post Sep 30 2003, 11:37 AM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 185

Nope.

+Quote Post
Hot Wheels
post Sep 30 2003, 12:37 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,470

I thought I'd read that he died, but that could just be a reference to the accident that turned him into a CZ. Certainly he stopped being the person he was and became just a cold piece of cyber.

+Quote Post
Abstruse
post Sep 30 2003, 01:04 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 4,488

Odds are he's dead by now, I was just wondering what got him -- cancer or an assault canon round -- and what he may have done before he passed on. And esp. who paid for the operation (Renraku or Aztechnology would be the only ones I can think of out of the lot that does cybermancy...)

The Abstruse One

+Quote Post
Gaunt
post Sep 30 2003, 02:21 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 1,794

At the time of Hatchetman's Operation, yes. But in the current day and age, I wouldn't put it past a number of the other corps.

Novatech did inherit two of the old Fuchi Delta clinics, and a lot of the the other corps do have them. There are what 10 or 12 in the world? And really that plus a good magician are all you need to start on Cybermancy research.

Likely the answer to who did it is carefully hidden in the Cyberware Text in the old source book, but never directly said. I haven't read it in a long time.

However as far as I'm aware, Hatchetman has not been mentioned since.

+Quote Post
EVLTIM
post Oct 1 2003, 01:10 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,660

My money was always on Fuchi , and I say he got cancer and died , just like anyone else that is stupid enough to go for cybermancy .

+Quote Post
BIG BAD BEESTE
post Oct 1 2003, 02:26 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,274

Fuchi was my bet too. I believe that it was actually stated by Hatchetman himself in the Cyberware SB. Been some time since I read it though.

As for what became of him after the cybermancy, hmmmm. He became a celebrity and moved to Hollywood and had his image plastered on collectors cards? (See the SR: TCG Hatchetman 2057 promo - and if you have that one spare drop me a line too)

But as for the cybermancy rules, I'd put my money on cancer or the temporal lobe epilepsy. Personally I'd have thought that Fuchi would have used an "asset" like him (especially one nearing its use-by date) to hit Renraku or one of its own divisions during the Corp War. Something that needed to be done with impact and no subtlety.

+Quote Post
Siege
post Oct 1 2003, 02:28 PM
Post #8

Dragon

Member No.: 3,916

QUOTE (EVLTIM)
My money was always on Fuchi , and I say he got cancer and died , just like anyone else that is stupid enough to go for cybermancy .

It wasn't like he had an option -- I seem to recall something about "zigging when I should have zagged...and a pair of chattering sentry guns".

-Siege

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post Oct 1 2003, 02:59 PM
Post #9

Prime Runner

Member No.: 1,221

Right, he didn't "go" for it, like going in for new eys, he was going to get cz'ed or a pine box. Like Robocop i think he probably didn't get an offer, just woke up changed.

I always thought Ares for the docs. Remember they said he saved a mega corp, since fuchi broke up that wasn't saved by much, and of course it might have been Novatech, the smallest of the AAA's but i don't remember if fuchi broke up before or after cybertech came out.

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post Oct 1 2003, 03:04 PM
Post #10

Prime Runner

Member No.: 1,221

Hatchman died the day he zigged. What got up off the table may have been faster and stronger than a mere human, but he is without emotion, without thought, without remorse. He can't enjoy a sunset or a fine meal.

Some people think small pleasures like that are what life is all about.

(I bet he's allergic to gold too!) :cyber:

+Quote Post
Siege
post Oct 1 2003, 03:14 PM
Post #11

Dragon

Member No.: 3,916

It was interesting to note the differences in conversation between pre-fragged Hatchet and post-fragged Hatchet.

He still functioned (more or less) and some finer aspects of him were lost, but he still functioned. (which is how I describe most of humanity)

Granted, there was no bets on how he fared as time progressed...

-Siege

+Quote Post
Adam
post Oct 1 2003, 03:17 PM
Post #12

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
I always thought Ares for the docs. Remember they said he saved a mega corp, since fuchi broke up that wasn't saved by much, and of course it might have been Novatech, the smallest of the AAA's but i don't remember if fuchi broke up before or after cybertech came out.

After. Hatchetman had nothing to do with the Corporate War, at least according to canon material.

+Quote Post
FlakJacket
post Oct 1 2003, 04:21 PM
Post #13

King of the Hobos

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 127

QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
I always thought Ares for the docs.

Except that as of Man & Machine Ares still didn't have a Delta clinic, a fairly vital part of the procedure. Plus since Dunkelzhan and Knight seemed to have some kind of relationship, if he'd tried anything like that I could see Dunk getting annoyed.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:53 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.