Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PhyAdepts and their spell pool
Straight Razor
post Nov 29 2005, 12:24 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,761

I'm sure i'm just missing this in the book, but...

Can an PhyAdept use their spell pool just like a mage?

I ask this because it occurred to me that a PhyAdept, without any powers that cause drain, could declare that their whole spell pool is, now and forever, allocated to spell defence. sorta makes them spell proof.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Herald of Verjig...
post Nov 29 2005, 12:39 AM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 4,017

They don't get a spell pool.

+Quote Post
Syd
post Nov 29 2005, 01:11 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 7,269

Adepts only get a spell pool if they are Path of the Mage adepts. At that point, they can use spell pool for anything their heart desires.

+Quote Post
Straight Razor
post Nov 29 2005, 05:21 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

They don't get a spell pool?
I'v read through the book and i don't find where it says who dose, and who does not get a spell pool. only that it is (willpower + int + magic)/3, round down.

+Quote Post
Aku
post Nov 29 2005, 05:24 PM
Post #5

Running, running, running

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,769

well, i would think the first word under the heading "Spell Pool" on page 180 should clarify it a bit... "spellcasters have a special dicepool called the Spell Pool..."

Since adepts don't "cast spells", they're not "spell casters", thus no dice pool, except the aforementioned path of the mage adepts...

+Quote Post
Tanka
post Nov 29 2005, 10:02 PM
Post #6

Chrome to the Core

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,715

QUOTE (Straight Razor)
They don't get a spell pool?
I'v read through the book and i don't find where it says who dose, and who does not get a spell pool. only that it is (willpower + int + magic)/3, round down.

Then, by your logic, mundanes get it to. Since their Magic = 0, you just have Will + Int and divide it by 3.

Oo-la-la! No more worrisome spellcasters to bother your Street Sam with Willpower 1!

+Quote Post
Straight Razor
post Nov 29 2005, 10:28 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Mmm
as an unawakened the highest spell pool one could have would be 4, and since it's round down it can* be 0. thought 2 would be more the norm.

i dont think i'd take a spell pool 2 as a bomb shelter. I'm more seeing Wile E. Coyote trying to stop a falling bolder with his parasol.

but!, that dose not matter. the spell-caster quote from pg. 180 clears things up. if you can't cast spells you can't counter one.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:59 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.