Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Going to "the Island", new movie for the sr examples
Snow_Fox
post Dec 29 2005, 01:57 PM
Post #1

Prime Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,221

Ewan Mcgregor and Scarlet Johansen had "The Island" out last summer and it was a flop, but for SR it is well worth the rental.

They think they are survivors of a global catastrophe waiting to win a lottery that will send them to "the island" the last pure gorund on earth. In fact they are clones grown to be organ doners for the people they are clones of. Ewan Mcgregor finds out the truth and becomes a "runner" (sorry wrong film but it does have that imagry)

That was common enough in the ad's.

The SR twist came in that marketing the clients who are cloned are told the clones, per the 2050 laws are not sentient but kept vegitative. They would be horrified to learn their spare parts are ripped form a living breathing, talking person. The head of the corp, Sean Beane, is willing to do anything to protect PR and get the product back-including hiring a Street Samurai who's team are ex military, ordered to keep it on hte odwn low while chasing through LA.

Not quite on the par with SR films like Bladerunner and Robocop but on a par with other movies like Freejack and Running Man
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nick012000
post Dec 29 2005, 02:37 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 7,398

I saw that. The scenes with the vector-thrust motorcycles were cool, and possible with SR-level technology.

+Quote Post
Mr.Platinum
post Dec 29 2005, 02:46 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,853

Rented it last night fell a sleep though, will try again today.

+Quote Post
Dog
post Dec 29 2005, 03:30 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,025

One of my favorite things about that flick is that it did not discard the past in favor of the future. You could still see old buildings alongside the new ones, etc. It bugs me when nothing in "the future" looks more than a month old.

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post Dec 29 2005, 08:51 PM
Post #5

Prime Runner

Member No.: 1,221

I liked when the recovery team were dressed as police to try and blend in.We played for years and never thought to disguise ourselves by impersonating police.

+Quote Post
Mr.Platinum
post Dec 29 2005, 10:47 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,853

I really liked looking at Scarlett.

What a woman, and very dreamy.

+Quote Post
RunnerPaul
post Dec 30 2005, 03:59 AM
Post #7

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 364

QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
We played for years and never thought to disguise ourselves by impersonating police.

Another good example of this would be the first 20 minutes or so of Dracula 2000, which feature a typical shadowrun style B&E, starting with police impersonation.

+Quote Post
Lazarus
post Dec 30 2005, 04:01 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,542

I would like to see it, but I'm still mad at myself for seeing Bad Boys II. I'm trying to boycott Micheal Bay but I can't help myself when it comes to buddy cop movies. Damn you Riggs and Murtaugh!!! This is all your fault! You too Shane Black! :(

So even though the Snow Woman recommends it, I still can't see it.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Dec 30 2005, 05:32 AM
Post #9

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
I liked when the recovery team were dressed as police to try and blend in.We played for years and never thought to disguise ourselves by impersonating police.

I thought the exact same thing. One of those *DOH* moments

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:22 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.