> Hacking your time signature.
Fix-it
post Jan 3 2006, 03:46 PM
Post #51

Creating a god with his own hands

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,364

QUOTE (nezumi)
Fooling with the time is a very, very bad idea.

Fixed. :D
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Jan 3 2006, 03:59 PM
Post #52

Mystery Archaeologist

Member No.: 7,760

Tanka :- fair enough, I did not know that.

I must admit I would have thought it would be possible to have something that replaces the date stamp but leaves a correct date attached to the post. That being siad I am only so so on how all this tech works...

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Jan 3 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #53

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,760

It might be neat to change the 'joined' date. That would be pretty easy. But as Tanka said, it brings certain administrative problems.

+Quote Post
RunnerPaul
post Jan 3 2006, 08:09 PM
Post #54

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 364

QUOTE (Ophis)
I must admit I would have thought it would be possible to have something that replaces the date stamp but leaves a correct date attached to the post.

It'd require the Bulletin Board Database to be re-written to include an extra field. Doable, but not a trivial change.

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Jan 4 2006, 02:32 AM
Post #55

Dragon

Member No.: 8,019

What the hell is a drop bear?

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Jan 4 2006, 02:35 AM
Post #56

Dragon

QUOTE (I just had to do this/Ha-Ha-Ha!)
This is the single most ridiculous thread I have ever seen.

You DO realize that for me, that's a compliment.

+Quote Post
Darkness
post Jan 4 2006, 02:45 AM
Post #57

Moving Target

Member No.: 248

QUOTE (emo samurai @ Jan 4 2006, 04:32 AM)

Well...
then get over here and learn the secrets of the dreaded Drop Bear (and its not so cuddly cousin, the Drop Panda :D, and other stuff).

+Quote Post
otaku mike
post Jan 4 2006, 03:20 AM
Post #58

Moving Target

Member No.: 332

QUOTE (emo samurai)
QUOTE (I just had to do this/Ha-Ha-Ha!)
This is the single most ridiculous thread I have ever seen.

You DO realize that for me, that's a compliment.

Seriously boy, how old are you? I'm running a bet with friends, and currently we hesitate between 8 and 9 years old.
Reading your threads make me think that the Ed-from-Cowboy-Bebop cameo in Loose Alliances was actually one of the most mature piece of fiction ever in SR...

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Jan 4 2006, 07:03 AM
Post #59

Dragon

Seriously boy, how old are you? I'm running a bet with friends, and currently we hesitate between 8 and 9 years old.
Reading your threads make me think that the Ed-from-Cowboy-Bebop cameo in Loose Alliances was actually one of the most mature piece of fiction ever in SR...

First of all, SR is a game. I expect it to be fun; my goal is NOT to go around as a cold, heartless, sleepy-gazed mercenary or a silly, blustering gangsta out to protect his "honor." Those kinds of personalities are boring and stereotyped. They either talk too little, or merely say things that millions of others have either said before, or wish they had the "balls" to say them. I am bored easily, and can not stand playing boring stereotypes. Hence, one proposed character is a techno-hermit who lives in a sealed box and is too paranoid to appear in person. Another is a mystical ninja poser; that is silly enough to be FUN.

Second of all, I am curious and more than a little whimsical; your objections to my questions are based on "common sense," or the refusal to suspend disbelief. The truly rational realize that common sense is merely the collection of prejudices one has accumulated before the age of 18; people who appeal to said "common sense" tend to replace personality with either irony, such as in most of my detractors' cases, or blind, knee-jerk adherence to mores and standards that are mostly arbitrary. Keep in mind that both of these qualities are in no way mutually exclusive; your being an asshole has made this perfectly clear.

Third of all, fuck you.

And before any assholes mock me for my perceived ferocity, remember, I NEVER flame first.

P.S. "Boy?" Are you one of those assholes who substitutes mob-supported affectations of mascuilinity in place of actual personality or free thought? I thought Jesus dying on the cross was supposed to cut down on that bullshit. *sniff* This just destroys ANY hope I've ever had for the goodness of the human heart! :P

QUOTE (Strikes again/Ha-Ha-Ha)
  one of the most mature piece of fiction

Somebody set up us the bomb!

+Quote Post
mfb
post Jan 4 2006, 07:12 AM
Post #60

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

two points for emo samurai.

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Jan 4 2006, 07:14 AM
Post #61

Dragon

Bring'em on. ;)

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Jan 4 2006, 07:20 AM
Post #62

Dragon

And judging by relative post sizes and length of words, it's more like 50 points.

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Jan 4 2006, 07:26 AM
Post #63

Dragon

And seriously, for half the people who go out of their way to piss me off, I could just endlessly pick apart their lack of control over their native language. Which would be English for the uninitiated.

Note: I don't pick on people for their language if they don't piss me off; I don't hate the sin, I hate the sinner.

+Quote Post
mfb
post Jan 4 2006, 07:30 AM
Post #64

Immortal Elf

minus one point for not using the edit function. seriously, man. i know you've got a lot to say, but that's what it's there for.

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Jan 4 2006, 07:33 AM
Post #65

Dragon

You have a point. A most mundane and irrelevent point, but a point nonetheless.

+Quote Post
mfb
post Jan 4 2006, 07:34 AM
Post #66

Immortal Elf

on a message board, not ticking people off by how you post is 100% relevant.

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Jan 4 2006, 07:35 AM
Post #67

Dragon

With minus one point, that's still 49 points.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Jan 4 2006, 07:39 AM
Post #68

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

QUOTE (emo samurai)

Now you've gone to far. :S

damn.... now I do agree with Critias.

-1 'point' for your lack of drop bear-fu (oh, and missing the 54 page thread among your 54 point less topics), although there probably was a few good ones in there it's not worth wading through.

Another -1 for flipping out on a writer. That's just ungrateful man.

I don't argue with people often but this is just getting annoying. Stop patting your self on the back for getting a compliment. At the rate you're going , it's probably the only one you'll have for a while. So enjoy it, chill, and try reading instead of typing (also known as listening instead of talking) for a bit.

Edited for Red Herring

This post has been edited by fistandantilus3.0: Jan 4 2006, 08:02 AM

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Jan 4 2006, 07:45 AM
Post #69

Dragon

I think asking what a drop bear is is a valid question; not knowing bizarre facts about Australian Chupacabra-esque mythology is not a vital character flaw. I don't think you can rationally criticize me for refusing to read through all 54 pages of what has to be the longest thread in DS history. And flipping out over a thoughtless insult has nothing to do with gratitude or ingratitude; I'm just reasonably pissed off. And please, remember to insert your right parentheses. (It works like this.)

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Jan 4 2006, 07:54 AM
Post #70

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

(Sorry)

As for the Drop Bear, that question is answered in the first couple of pages. The full drop bear thread has nothing to do with rational criticizing, so don't worry about that anyways. You'll have no concept of ration thought if you read it all the way through in one sitting (at least for a few days). Wow, I mastered the parentheses! (yay) . Many people's issues with your posts are that you make a new post asking a question without looking at the post that already discusses it. Not glancing at the post with Drop Bear in the name would fall in to that category.

I do suggest though, that you pick up Target: Awakened Lands. That's where the Drop Bear info for SR is listed (added more of a joke more than anything else, even according to the author). (how'm I doin' on these par-en-the-ses thingies BTW? kinda new to it). It's a very neat book with a lot of fun stuff to work with, as well as good info for astral phenomenom. Our groups favorite runs have been in the Outback.

Otaku Mike wasn't being thoughtless, BTW. Having a bet going tends to indicate some amount of fore thought.

(any other grammar nit-picks you'd like to add? Is that hy-phen-ate-d? Or did I type phonetically wrong?)

+Quote Post
Shanshu Freeman
post Jan 4 2006, 08:13 AM
Post #71

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,110

QUOTE (tanka)
They did a fund raiser and offered custom titles (see?), and Neuron said he'd shut down before doing another fundraiser. Or at least vehemently said he'd never do one again.

why was it so heinous?

+Quote Post
otaku mike
post Jan 4 2006, 09:40 AM
Post #72

Moving Target

Member No.: 332

QUOTE (Emo Samurai)
First of all, SR is a game. I expect it to be fun

The reason of my message, and sorry if I didn't make it clear enough when comparing your behavior to a kid's, is that you seem to misunderstand (or plain ignore) that this part of the Forums is not supposed to be In Character. I can excuse, and I actually welcome, all kind of excentricities in the IC threads, but here is not the place for such threads. Here is the place, more often than not, for "serious" questions about rules or their interpretation, about the world of SR, etc. It's mostly an OOC informative part of Dumpshock. It can be confusing for people who expect straight answers to their more legitimate questions.
Also, asking how to hack Dumpshock on Dumpshock itself is just... dumb (and illegal).

QUOTE (Emo Samurai)
Second of all, I am curious and more than a little whimsical; your objections to my questions are based on "common sense," or the refusal to suspend disbelief. The truly rational realize that common sense is merely the collection of prejudices one has accumulated before the age of 18;

Another gripe I have with you is that you seem to pay attention only to your own thread, as if in need of peer recognition. This has nothing to do with your IC posting style, as demonstrated twice already at least: 1- being ignorant of a thread that exists for over 6 months and is 54 pages long is particularly revealing; 2- that's the very first time I posted against you (though I admit it itched me for a while) but your delusions of being attacked from all sides for no good reason make you believe I already attacked you. This little blurb about "common sense" and me alledgedly objecting your questions (plural suggests I did that repeatedly) just made me go "huh?"...
And by the way, that comment about native language... I don't feel concerned, as English is not my native language. Thus, I feel entitled to the random mistake here and there. If you have a problem with that, have a talk with my old English teachers, not me. Of course, if you had paid attention to someone else than you and actually read the little thing under my name (hint: location), you'd have known that...

QUOTE (Emo Samurai)
Third of all, fuck you. <snip> asshole

No comments.

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Jan 4 2006, 11:47 AM
Post #73

Free Spirit

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,920

QUOTE (nezumi)
It might be neat to change the 'joined' date. That would be pretty easy. But as Tanka said, it brings certain administrative problems.

The joined date has ben changed before. Ever notice how many people joined 26-February 02? Ever notice any prior to this date?

I know I joined before then and was no where near the first poster.
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Mr.Platinum
post Jan 4 2006, 12:59 PM
Post #74

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,853

QUOTE (tisoz)
QUOTE (nezumi @ Jan 3 2006, 02:06 PM)
It might be neat to change the 'joined' date.  That would be pretty easy.  But as Tanka said, it brings certain administrative problems.

The joined date has ben changed before. Ever notice how many people joined 26-February 02? Ever notice any prior to this date?

I know I joined before then and was no where near the first poster.
[ Spoiler ]

Hmm now that oy mentioned it, yeah i do notice this.

and why is it that way?

+Quote Post
Mr.Platinum
post Jan 4 2006, 01:00 PM
Post #75

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,853

never mind i know now.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:07 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.