Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shrap or scrap?, HV weapons and the FN 5-7C
Phaeton
post Oct 4 2003, 12:00 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,677

...Anyone think either of the aforementioned weapons are actually WORTH anything, given the fact that HV weapons are rather weak and so is the 5-7C?

One bit of merit to the 5-7C that I would include in my personal errata: Makes its bullets essentially always APDS, as the r/l 5-7 can naturally break through kevlar.

Opinions/thoughts/comments?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Person 404
post Oct 4 2003, 12:40 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,696

The HV weapons are nice, I've been told, when mounted on a small turret. As personal weapons, they're less than stellar. The 5-7C is just a bad deal all around, and that house rule, or some variant of it, seems a popular one. Personally, I don't give it any special bonuses-- the current 5-7 is very good against kevlar, but there are numerous indications that SR armor is something fairly different from kevlar, or at least modern kevlar. Could go either way, depending on the game.

+Quote Post
post Oct 4 2003, 01:03 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,663

I'm what is those characters mean in laymans terms?

+Quote Post
mfb
post Oct 4 2003, 01:11 AM
Post #4

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

HV weapons are great for suppressive fire. characters who can use HV weapons effectively in normal combat are the exception rather than the rule, though.

+Quote Post
Sigfried McWild
post Oct 4 2003, 03:01 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 3,423

is it HV as in the weapons with double rate of fire?
Where are the stats for the 5-7c?

+Quote Post
Phaeton
post Oct 5 2003, 01:32 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,677

The 5-7C's stats are in Cannon Companion.

...And a street sam with a pair of Super Mach's, ambidexterity, and some good skill
is easily a force to be reckoned with, methinks. Too bad my rigger/sam/gun bunny has to default to use SMGs...I gave him Pistols 6, Assault Rifles 5, Shotguns 5, and Launch Weapons 4.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:01 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.