Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Careful, I'm Sensitive (system), Magic and Bioware
mrobviousjosh
post Mar 1 2006, 02:17 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,560

Hey guys, if this was already asked I'm sorry and, no, I haven't had a chance to check out the errata either. Okay, so I was reading about the quality Sensitive System and started thinking...what about bioware and magic. The book clearly says that cyberware reduces magic but never directly addresses bioware (I've had the book like a week so if I missed it, I'll feel stupid). Any thoughts on this? Okay thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Mar 1 2006, 03:42 AM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Essence goes down, Magic goes down. Implanting bioware reduces Essence. Essence lost by implanting bioware will cause your Magic to drop accordingly.

+Quote Post
Dissonance
post Mar 1 2006, 04:01 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,992

Which is a lot better than the whole virtual magic loss brought on from bioware in SR3.

All the fun of being denied a magic point with all the delights of being unable to geas it since it's not really gone!

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Mar 1 2006, 08:07 AM
Post #4

jacked in

Group: Admin
Member No.: 463

I think the book says, that Essence loss reduces Magic. Bioware costs Essence now.

It also actually mentions cyberware and bioware as reducing Magic in the Game Concept part of the book. :)

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
mrobviousjosh
post Mar 2 2006, 02:27 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Okay, so what if my magic isn't maxed. For example, if my essence is reduced from 6 to 5 and my magic is 4 (or 5), it isn't reduced. Am I reading this right or does it go to your magic anyway? I think Ancient History and Dissonance hit on it, just wanted to make sure I understand them correctly. Thanks again guys.

+Quote Post
Dissonance
post Mar 2 2006, 03:00 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,992

Right. If you buy magic to 4, and lose a point of essence, it drops to three.

+Quote Post
mrobviousjosh
post Mar 2 2006, 03:02 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Got it. Thanks guys.

+Quote Post
b1ffov3rfl0w
post Mar 3 2006, 11:55 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,329

QUOTE (mrobviousjosh)
Hey guys, if this was already asked I'm sorry and, no, I haven't had a chance to check out the errata either. Okay, so I was reading about the quality Sensitive System and started thinking...what about bioware and magic. The book clearly says that cyberware reduces magic but never directly addresses bioware (I've had the book like a week so if I missed it, I'll feel stupid). Any thoughts on this? Okay thanks.

Right, so "Essence losses from cyberware and bioware are tracked separately". Then you take the larger one plus half the smaller, and you add those together, and that's your total Essence loss. "Any reductions to a character's Essence" -- from cyberware, bioware, heavy drug use, vampires, etc --"will also affect his Magic or Resonance" (p 84). Your Magic or Resonance goes down (not just the max, the actual attribute) by one for each point (or fraction of a point) of Essence you've lost.

The Sensitive System flaw means that Essence losses from cyberware only are doubled. So if you get a cybernetic leg (Essence cost 1) it costs 2 Essence. If you also have a Digestive Expansion (essence 0.5), that still costs 0.5 Essence. Your total Essence loss would be 2 (cyberware) plus .25 (half of bioware), 2.25. And your Magic (or Resonance) would go down by three.

:cyber: must ... kill ... all...humans

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:37 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.