Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NPC/PC Drake
Thyme Lost
post Mar 4 2006, 07:23 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,312

One of my players is starting with a 6L/6C Mr Johnson Contact.
I was thinking of having Mr Johnson be a Drake, but there are no rules in SR4 for drakes. I was hoping people hear might be able to come of with good house rules for Drakes in SR4.

I'd also like ideas for BP costs for a Drake, mainly because I normally use PC Char Gen rules to make NPCs. Plus if drakes are in the game as NPCs I have a player that will bug me to allow him to play a drake. I'm not saying that I would let him, I'd just like so ideas for rules.

BTW I have a migraine, making it hard to think, speak and write.

Thyme
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Mar 4 2006, 07:42 AM
Post #2

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

for stats, it's pretty easy. Just look up the old attributes from SR3, apply them in SR4 just like converting a character. For racial adjustments, subtract 3 (the average) from the listed attribute, and that's the modifier (probably all positive with drakes). Then go over the powers. Remember that there is a Flight skill, and dragon breath requires Exotic Ranged weapons skill (see Critters:Dragons in SR4). I'd apply Mystic armor as well, since dragons have it.

BP cost... I have no idea. Trolls are 40, so ... 50-60? Up to you I suppose.

BTW, you're typing, so you should be fine. Just make sure you don't speak, think or write. Take two shots of Schmirnoff and blog me in the morning. :)

+Quote Post
Brahm
post Mar 4 2006, 02:32 PM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Member No.: 8,006

QUOTE (Thyme Lost @ Mar 4 2006, 02:23 AM)
I'd also like ideas for BP costs for a Drake, mainly because I normally use PC Char Gen rules to make NPCs. Plus if drakes are in the game as NPCs I have a player that will bug me to allow him to play a drake. I'm not saying that I would let him, I'd just like so ideas for rules.

If you play Mr. J well your PCs should never know he is a Drake. He is going to actively avoid telling even his closest friends. A secret is only as secret until two people know, and Drakes most definately want to keep their status a secret.

EDIT Also make sure to read the Contacts sections very closely. Of special importance for dealing with a Connections 6 Contact are the Availability, page 279, and Favor for a Friend, page 281.

In general, as a contact becomes more valuable and helpful,
he is more likely to ask the player character to do him a
favor in return for previous help. Naturally, the more useful
the contact, the more dangerous and troublesome that favor
should be.

As for your player he can have his fun drafting up the Drake character. Don't worry about BP, just tell him to make up whatever he wants. Then slap him in a mage mask, just for fun, in the most secure prision imaginable. Within 3 sessions of sitting in the corner watching everyone else play his urge to play a Drake should be gone. ;)

Or there is always the LDS. :grinbig:

Or is your game high end enough to justify and handle a Drake? Because it is doubtful at the start of a normal 400BP or 450BP game.

+Quote Post
Mr.Platinum
post Mar 5 2006, 12:49 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,853

I'm very curious to see what they have done to drakes in SR4, they may just change something.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:44 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.