IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Wiki Project - Had any good deaths lately?
Jürgen Hubert
post Mar 7 2006, 11:02 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,453

My fingers have been itching lately, and that means that it is time to create yet another Wiki project. And my latest Wiki project is:

The RPG Graveyard

Most role-players had some traumatic experiences during their career - a beloved player character whose career was tragically cut short by an unlucky dice roll, the cruel whims of the game master, or the treachery of his fellow PCs. Well, this Wiki is the perfect place to commemorate them - just enter your PC into the appropriate category and tell us who he was, how he lived, and how he died. I am sure that some of you have quite a few stories to tell. Especially with Shadowrun.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Mar 7 2006, 03:22 PM
Post #2

Ain Soph Aur

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 600

Good idea, should be funny

+Quote Post
warrior_allanon
post Mar 7 2006, 03:57 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,273

oh this looks like heap big fun if only i knew how to post on the wiki, never could get anything to work right. could i email you some deaths and you post them?

+Quote Post
Edward
post Mar 7 2006, 04:59 PM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,587

Dose it have to be a char I played, all my good stories are about chars my char killed.

I almost never loose characters, don’t know why.

Edward

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Mar 8 2006, 03:08 AM
Post #5

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

QUOTE (Edward)
I almost never loose characters, don’t know why.

You either play smart, or your GM has weak kill-fu. :cyber:

+Quote Post
Jürgen Hubert
post Mar 8 2006, 01:01 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,453

QUOTE (warrior_allanon)
oh this looks like heap big fun if only i knew how to post on the wiki, never could get anything to work right. could i email you some deaths and you post them?

It's not that difficult, really.

First, go on the Shadowrun page (assuming that you want to enter a Shadowrun character, of course). Then click the "edit" function at the top of the page.

Then you will see the raw formatting for the current page. You will see one piece of text in [[double square brackets]]. That's a link to another Wiki page. Enter the name of your own character in the same way, also with double square brackets surrounding it. Now save your page.

Now you will see the same page with a new link - the link you have entered. But this link is in red, because no page associated with that link has been created yet.

Simply click on that link, and you will automatically move to the edit page for the new character. Now enter the text for your character, save the text, and you are done - your character is now part of the Wiki!

Like I said, it is really simple. If you want to do some more fancy formatting, you can read the Wiki help files I linked to from the main page - or you can look at how other pages are formatted simply by clicking on the edit function of that page. You can also do that at the Wikipedia - the two Wikis use the same software!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:08 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.