Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wound Penalties
neko128
post Mar 8 2006, 01:03 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,209

I just want to make sure I'm not missing something. Lets say you have body 3, reaction 3, and 9 damage boxes. Since youre body is 3, you have 10 damage boxes, so you're still conscious/not dieing. You get a -3 penalty on all tests. This means the next time someone shoots at you... You get 0 dice on the dodge test, because you get a -3 to the test, and only have a reaction of 3? I'm not missing a clause that says you can't min out at 1, or something?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dashifen
post Mar 8 2006, 01:05 AM
Post #2

Technomancer

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,374

You could throw edge as a long shot test, or this seems like a good time for Full Defense in my opinion.

+Quote Post
neko128
post Mar 8 2006, 01:10 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,209

QUOTE (Dashifen)
You could throw edge as a long shot test, or this seems like a good time for Full Defense in my opinion.

I agree it sounds like a good time for full defense; but it takes a complex action to "activate" full defense, and the situation it arose in was a person with one initiative pass being shot in the 2nd initiative pass.

+Quote Post
Dashifen
post Mar 8 2006, 01:59 AM
Post #4

Technomancer

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,374

well, if the person is out of actions it sounds like he/she's in for a bit of a hurtin'. I don't see anything in the rules that would help this character, in fact, the existence of the long shot test (p. 55) seems to be very clear that modifiers can reduce a pool to zero or below.

+Quote Post
Thyme Lost
post Mar 8 2006, 02:17 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,312

QUOTE (neko128)
I just want to make sure I'm not missing something. Lets say you have body 3, reaction 3, and 9 damage boxes. Since youre body is 3, you have 10 damage boxes, so you're still conscious/not dieing. You get a -3 penalty on all tests. This means the next time someone shoots at you... You get 0 dice on the dodge test, because you get a -3 to the test, and only have a reaction of 3? I'm not missing a clause that says you can't min out at 1, or something?

If you have 3 reaction and -3 penalty, then you can not dodge, without spending edge.
If your Initiative Score goes to 0, you can do nothing.

I thought I had more to say, but I don't.

Thyme...

QUOTE (page 154 SR4)

Wound modifiers are dice pool modifiers that apply to nearly
all tests the injured character may attempt, except for resistance
tests. Wound modifiers are also applied immediately to a character’s
Initiative Score, potentially affecting whether he goes before
or after someone else in an Initiative Pass. If a wound modifier
reduces his Initiative Score to 0 or less, the character cannot take
any actions that Combat Turn.

+Quote Post
Azralon
post Mar 8 2006, 03:02 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,773

QUOTE (neko128)

If you're an average human who's one minor stab wound away from falling unconscious, then yep you're going to have a hard time dodging bullets.

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Mar 8 2006, 04:57 PM
Post #7

Free Spirit

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,920

QUOTE (Azralon)
If you're an average human who's one minor stab wound paper cut away from falling unconscious, then yep you're going to have a hard time dodging bullets.

There, fixed it for you.

+Quote Post
Shrike30
post Mar 8 2006, 07:14 PM
Post #8

Runner

Member No.: 98

You can give up your next action to make a full dodge. So, take your 1 pass / turn guy...

He makes his action on turn 1, pass 1. Sometime later in turn 1, he decides he'd REALLY like to be Full Dodging... so he gives up his next action. He *immediately* begins Full Dodging.

Turn 2, pass 1, our guy's init rolls around... but he already gave up this action to Full Dodge. The Full Dodge he started last turn continues, and continues to build up that -1 per incoming attack penalty.

Turn 3, pass 1, our guy gets his next action. If he's horribly shot up, he's probably going to want to continue Full Dodging, but at this point (since he's had his "next action"), the penalties for sequential incoming attacks are reset.

+Quote Post
Gondor
post Mar 9 2006, 12:37 AM
Post #9

Target

Member No.: 6,171

Here is a question that is kind of on topic. When do you fall unconscious, when you fill in all your damage boxes, or when you exceed your condition monitor. (an example on a character with a 10 box condition monitor would be, is he KOed at 10 or on the 11th point of damage.)

+Quote Post
Lagomorph
post Mar 9 2006, 01:52 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,832

Gondor, we've always played to 10. 11 and over is "over damage" boxes or called something else similar.

+Quote Post
Hurtfulpotato
post Mar 9 2006, 03:52 AM
Post #11

Target

Member No.: 8,343

QUOTE (neko128)
QUOTE (Dashifen @ Mar 7 2006, 08:05 PM)

I agree it sounds like a good time for full defense; but it takes a complex action to "activate" full defense, and the situation it arose in was a person with one initiative pass being shot in the 2nd initiative pass.

QUOTE (SR4 @ p. 138)
Note that full defense actions may be taken at any time, even before the character's Action Phase, as long as the character is not suprised--but it uses up the character's next available action.

QUOTE (SR4 @ p. 151)
Full Defense as an Interrupt action
A character may invoke full defense against an attack at any point in a Combat Turn, so long as the character is not surprised (see p. 155).  This means a character does not necessarily need to declare a full defense and take a Complex Action in advance . . .

I missed the above sections on my first read through, and it was a player who pointed them out to me.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:39 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.