IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Seattle location questions, need some help here...
Mauler
post Mar 8 2006, 11:31 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,120

Hi there. I have some questions about some areas and locations in Shadowrun Seattle. I'm trying to research a lot and figure out most of the stuff on my own, but some things prove to be exceptionally difficult.
Maybe there are even some locals around, who are willing to help. I would really appreciate it.
Let's start with Bellevue.
Regency Park: It's not on the Bellevue map in the Seattle Sourcebook and I didn't find the exact location in New Seattle. I also didn't find a Real Life place with the name. Sure, there is the Hyatt Regency hotel in Bellevue, close to Bellevue Square, but naming the area after the Hotel seems a bit far fetched. Does anyone have a clue where this area is supposed to be?
Burbank: New Seattle mentions the Nova Rich gang operating out of Beaux Arts and Burbank. Now where exactly is Burbank? There is the Luther Burbank Park on Mercer... uhm... Council Island, but that's the only lead I got.
Those are my first two questions. I'll post more as they come up. I hope you guys can help. Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stevebugge
post Mar 9 2006, 12:01 AM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 7,996

http://www.bellevueregencypark.org/ Regency Park is a Condo Community in the Bellevue Area, this is probably what they are referring to. It's out towards Lake Sammamish, South of 520, West of 901 and east of 148th Ave Northeast

Burbank, I'm still working on

+Quote Post
Mauler
post Mar 9 2006, 12:30 AM
Post #3

Target

Thanks for the quick reply and the help. Nice Web-Fu you got there. ;)
The web site's driving directions lead to 4051 145th Ave NE, which is west of 148th Ave NE... or am I wrong?
But in any case... thanks for helping out. I really appreciate it. I'm looking forward to anything you can find.

+Quote Post
mrobviousjosh
post Mar 9 2006, 01:02 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,560

You can always check New Seattle. It's got some great info, I'm not sure about those two places though. Maybe I can look it up when I have my book in front of me.

+Quote Post
Mauler
post Mar 9 2006, 01:21 AM
Post #5

Target

I have it in front of me as I'm posting this. But I'm not saying I don't overlook things. If you have any info to add, that would be great.

+Quote Post
SL James
post Mar 9 2006, 02:05 AM
Post #6

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

Group: Banned
From: Pissing on pedestrians from my electronic ivory tower.
Member No.: 7,473

Not surprising that the neighborhood isn't even one of those listed in NS on page 41 (It's not in the Seattle SB, either). In fact the only Burbank in Washington I can find is a town on the Oregon/Washington/Idaho border area where the Columbia, Snake and Yakima Rivers come together.

BTW, their colors are "lemon and blue." OOoooooo.

+Quote Post
stevebugge
post Mar 9 2006, 03:41 PM
Post #7

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (Mauler @ Mar 8 2006, 04:30 PM)
Thanks for the quick reply and the help. Nice Web-Fu you got there. ;)
The web site's driving directions lead to 4051 145th Ave NE, which is west of 148th Ave NE... or am I wrong?
But in any case... thanks for helping out. I really appreciate it. I'm looking forward to anything you can find.

You're right it is west of 148th, I got turned around on my map program.

Burbank: So far the only thing in Washington I'm coming up with is a town across the Snake River from the Tri-Cities (Pasco, Kennewick, Richland) which is nowhere near Bellevue. Good location for a run in to the Salish Possibly though.

One theory is that the writers made up the name to describe the lakefront neighborhood south of Meydenbauer Bay (just west of bellevue, shaped sort of like an anvil), accross from Luther Burbank Park, and northwest of Beaux Arts.

+Quote Post
shadowfire
post Mar 9 2006, 04:43 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,447

i just want to recommend hanging out at or living in ''Queen Ann Hill'', a Tolkeeniates wet dream.

+Quote Post
stevebugge
post Mar 9 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #9

Neophyte Runner

Better be a suscessful runner, that is a pricey neighborhood.

+Quote Post
shadowfire
post Mar 9 2006, 05:20 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

i believe its only a middle class neighborhood from what i remember form the 2 ed sourcebook

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Mar 9 2006, 05:31 PM
Post #11

Bushido Cowgirl

From: On the Double K Ranch a half day's ride out of Phlogiston Flats
Member No.: 7,490

The U District's where the action is. Who wants' to live in an area with a bunch of foofy elves as neighbours?

-KK 4.1

+Quote Post
stevebugge
post Mar 9 2006, 05:46 PM
Post #12

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Mar 9 2006, 09:31 AM)
The U District's where the action is.  Who wants' to live in an area with a bunch of foofy elves as neighbours?

-KK 4.1

Neighbors is a relative term, Queen Anne hill is tall and steep. The Elven District is Lower Queen Anne and South Lake Union, Upper Queen Anne is probably a 300-350 elevation change over about 5-6 city blocks, so you would really be looking down on your foofy elf neighbors. I'm fairly sure that Queenanne moved to upperclass in the New Seattle sourcebook. In RL upper QA is every bit as expensive as Magnolia, and has a greater concentration of Old Money.

+Quote Post
shadowfire
post Mar 9 2006, 05:46 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

an elf

my character has a place in lower Queen Ann on mercer st

+Quote Post
SL James
post Mar 9 2006, 07:43 PM
Post #14

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

Group: Banned
From: Pissing on pedestrians from my electronic ivory tower.
Member No.: 7,473

In the Seattle SB LQA is middle and upper-class, and UQA is definitely upper-class. "It is usually listed as having either a AAA or AA security rating depending on what area of the Hill you're standing in" (SSB, 24).

In NS, Upper Queen Anne is AAA and Lower QA is AA. so... Yeah. That's why one of my PCs lives in UQA: The elitism.

It's a lovely home on a corner with a curved driveway, lots of trees, good schools nearby, a large weapons cache in the basement, and the security system God would have installed in Heaven, if He had the money.

+Quote Post
shadowfire
post Mar 9 2006, 09:48 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

i usually have my places blow up on me otherwise i would do the same.
accually, i lived in a security room once at my teams base.. that is until i betrayed them and sold themout to red samurai. hey, no hard feelings, you were just another job that i started even before i joined the group. cheers.. the funniest sh@t i've ever seen was the look on the players faces as i laughed at all of them.. i was later told that the team decker had to pay 1,000,000 nue-yen to get them all out of a renraku cell, the money by which he was going to use to spend on the best of the best of decks.... which is even more funny.

i'm evil i know

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Mar 9 2006, 09:56 PM
Post #16

Bushido Cowgirl

From: On the Double K Ranch a half day's ride out of Phlogiston Flats
Member No.: 7,490

Mine is a half basement studio in an old student apartment block a reasonable walk from the campus. Small, but nice, quiet, secluded, and best of all - affordable & better neighbours.

-KK 4.1

+Quote Post
Mauler
post Mar 10 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #17

Target

QUOTE (stevebugge)
One theory is that the writers made up the name to describe the lakefront neighborhood south of Meydenbauer Bay (just west of bellevue, shaped sort of like an anvil), accross from Luther Burbank Park, and northwest of Beaux Arts.

Thank you very much.
Next up would be Puyallup.
The Neon Killing: I'm completely out of clues concerning this neighborhood. There seems to be a company named Skylite Neon sothwest of Graham, but that's very thin to say the least.
Ponderosa Estates: There is an area with that name near Bonney Lake. While Bonney Lake technically belongs to the Auburn district, it's very close to the Puyallup border, so that may be what the writers had in mind.
Silver Spring: The only Silver Spring I could find is way out the metroplex borders, past Yelm around the Rainier area. A tad far away.
Any help to pinpount those would be great.

+Quote Post
stevebugge
post Mar 11 2006, 03:17 AM
Post #18

Neophyte Runner

You're right on the Ponderosa Estates, it's on the south side of 410, therefore part of the Puyallup district in Shadowrun. The rest may be tougher to find.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:08 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.