Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Essence Drain
shadowbod
post Mar 13 2006, 05:42 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,371

I have a question about the essence drain ability from p288 SR4...

Once essence has been drained from a character/npc, how quickly, if ever, do they recover lost essence?

Also, any character with a lot of cyberware and low essence is very vulnerable to death by essence drain - is that correct?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FrankTrollman
post Mar 13 2006, 05:54 PM
Post #2

Prime Runner

Group: Banned
Member No.: 7,665

Once essence has been drained from a character/npc, how quickly, if ever, do they recover lost essence?

It never comes back.

Also, any character with a lot of cyberware and low essence is very vulnerable to death by essence drain - is that correct?

Not really any more so than anyone else. Essence Drain requires the complete submission of the victim, and a good part of an hour to complete. So it's not really a combat manuver. It's also repeatable however.

So if a Wendigo knocks you out and drags you home and starts eating you, you're going to die. It doesn't really matter if the Wendigo consumes you in one bit or 6.

-Frank

+Quote Post
Apathy
post Mar 13 2006, 06:14 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 6,046

A few creatures in SR3 (like the bean sidhe, and I think blood spirits) had a temporary essence drain power which was suitable as a combat tactic. Targets who had their essence temporarily drained in this way went unconscious until they got their essence back (which recovered at 1 point/minute). I would think low-essence characters would be pretty vulnerable to this, since the critter would only have to drain one point from you to put you down.

I don't believe that there are any rules for this in SR4, though.

+Quote Post
Dashifen
post Mar 13 2006, 06:35 PM
Post #4

Technomancer

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,374

Didn't the Master Shedim have some form of essence drain? Or were they the critters that got the much maligned karma drain?

+Quote Post
Apathy
post Mar 13 2006, 08:37 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 6,046

QUOTE (Dashifen)
Didn't the Master Shedim have some form of essence drain? Or were they the critters that got the much maligned karma drain?

I think the karma drain goodness was associated with wraiths.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:46 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.