IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Want to play, got no time :(, Any ideas?
Dustbin1_UK
post Mar 21 2006, 02:14 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,459

OK,

I have been trying in vein for months now to get a slot in my hectic schedule to play a game of SR.

I lost my original team along time ago (one moved away to another country, the other say's he is too old to play any more, and I lost contact with the other one)

NO ONE seems to play this game in Leicester (England) and as a result I have grown old and rusty at the game and have almost forgotten most of the rules. :(

Now after nearly two years of not playing a decent game I really want to get back into it. I like what I see in the SR4 rules and would love to play a game.

However, being as busy as I am I might not be able to go a whole game without someone calling me away (I have two kids, one 2 years old and the other 7 months. I also work full time and run my own business). The time difference between me and most of the rest of the SR players is also an awkardness.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to get back into this without over committing and pissing other team members off when I have to be called away for a couple of hours?

Any ideas would be most helpfull. :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Mar 21 2006, 02:17 PM
Post #2

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

Are you married? If yes, your wife could maybe handle childrens matters during your game time.
And when do you usually work? Try to get a session at saturday night, when most people don't work. Or sunday afternoon (my favourite time to game).

+Quote Post
Dustbin1_UK
post Mar 21 2006, 02:30 PM
Post #3

Target

Are you married? If yes, your wife could maybe handle childrens matters during your game time.
And when do you usually work? Try to get a session at saturday night, when most people don't work. Or sunday afternoon (my favourite time to game).

Yeah sounds simple don't it? :P

The issue is me and the wife are both effectively on call for our business. that means I might end up with the kids (even if they are in bed at least.) or I end up on business.

I wanted to get involved with a dumpshock forum game, but was scared to incase I pissed off the other players when I had to disappear for a couple of hours. Sigh! :(

EDIT:
Anyone ever played an email SR game?

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Mar 21 2006, 02:35 PM
Post #4

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Thougt dumpshock games are forum-based? That means you have to post regularly, but not at a specifc time.

What are you working?

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Mar 21 2006, 02:51 PM
Post #5

Ain Soph Aur

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 600

Yeah you can play on the forums here. The fastest, by far, that a forums game might go is like 2-3 posts per day, and that's lightning fast.

+Quote Post
Dustbin1_UK
post Mar 21 2006, 03:13 PM
Post #6

Target

What are you working?

Well, 9-5 week days in my full time job. and I work up to 9 or 10pm on our business. Weekends from 8 in the mornning until about 9 or 10 at night.

Yeah you can play on the forums here. The fastest, by far, that a forums game might go is like 2-3 posts per day, and that's lightning fast.

Oh I see! I thought people were just sat there hands on the F5 key. Maybe get through a game a night!
Sooooooooooo I could get in a game here and people would not mind if I could only post say twice a day?

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Mar 21 2006, 03:15 PM
Post #7

Great, I'm a Dragon...

QUOTE (Dustbin1_UK)
What are you working?

Well, 9-5 week days in my full time job. and I work up to 9 or 10pm on our business. Weekends from 8 in the mornning until about 9 or 10 at night.

That makes it really hard to find the time for a session. I recommend forum games then.

+Quote Post
Dustbin1_UK
post Mar 21 2006, 03:24 PM
Post #8

Target

Ok well that being the case(bearing in mind I am only just looking at the new SR4 rules) how would I get involved in a Forum game?

+Quote Post
Aku
post Mar 21 2006, 03:25 PM
Post #9

Running, running, running

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,769

QUOTE (dustbin)
Oh I see! I thought people were just sat there hands on the F5 key. Maybe get through a game a night!
Sooooooooooo I could get in a game here and people would not mind if I could only post say twice a day?

i think alot of games would be happy with a twice a week regular poster lol.

+Quote Post
Dustbin1_UK
post Mar 21 2006, 04:14 PM
Post #10

Target

Heh! that good eh!

Still that sounds perfect for what I am looking for!

Thanks to all!

Yipee I'm gonna be back in the game! Woo hoo!

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Mar 21 2006, 04:38 PM
Post #11

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Every day a good deed ;)
"Welcome in the Shadows" is the sub-section of DS you're looking for, btw.

+Quote Post
Dustbin1_UK
post Mar 21 2006, 05:04 PM
Post #12

Target

"Welcome in the Shadows" is the sub-section of DS you're looking for, btw.

AH! I see! This is a really common activity there isn't it! Good old Dumpshock

Thanks again guys!

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Mar 21 2006, 10:46 PM
Post #13

jacked in

Group: Admin
Member No.: 463

Just let me restate that... two posts per day (on average) is *a lot* for forum-based games.

Even one post per day (on average) is plenty.

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
James McMurray
post Apr 20 2006, 06:54 PM
Post #14

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,957

I'd like to point folks to RPOL.net. It's a great setup with builtin dice rollers, the ability to break groups apart and mesh them together, PM the GM or other players within a post, and tons of other bells and whistles.

+Quote Post
mdynna
post Apr 20 2006, 07:34 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,145

Do some people still play sessions via IRC or IM? I did that a bit awhile ago... the 'ol #Shadowrun channel of IRC...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:22 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.