Reply to this topicStart new topic
> firing 2 pistols
Willis
post Mar 23 2006, 07:35 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,387

if a character is firing 2 pistols, does he get 2 attacks per action if they divide the dice pool? if so, could they fire four times per round if they had 2 readied guns at the beginning of the round?

Willis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Mar 23 2006, 07:44 AM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

Yes (assuming the pistol is semi-automatic instead of single-shot), and yes.

+Quote Post
Geekkake
post Mar 23 2006, 10:28 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,372

Just use autofire and get it over with.

+Quote Post
Willis
post Mar 23 2006, 10:33 PM
Post #4

Target

in our group, character concept and flair mean more to the players than end result. we're a roleplaying group after all....

Willis

+Quote Post
Geekkake
post Mar 23 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

QUOTE (Willis @ Mar 23 2006, 05:33 PM)
in our group, character concept and flair mean more to the players than end result.  we're a roleplaying group after all....

Willis

You're speaking to a GM who routinely annihilates PCs and mocks their players into oblivion if their RP isn't up to snuff. I'm all about RP. I wasn't referring to numbers, specifically. And while you didn't bring it up, there are a bunch of threads about stacked modifiers, etc. that more prompted the comment than anything.

I've played the double-fisted gun bunnies more than once for Wooist style, no problems with that. The most important thing to realize, I think, is that a two-fisted Wooist is going to spend a lot of ammo and not hit much of anything, except walls, windows, desks, pedestrians, the ground, and so on. Much like those films. If you're cool with that, you'll have no arguments here. For a more accuracy-oriented character, they'd eventually switch over to autofire, just because they're sick of getting tagged for not hitting anything.

+Quote Post
Willis
post Mar 23 2006, 11:21 PM
Post #6

Target

I wasn't meaning to be argumentative. I know what you mean though. I'm sure this guy will get mad about not hitting anything and eventually switch over, but who knows. as for now, he wants the 2 guns.

Willis

+Quote Post
Geekkake
post Mar 23 2006, 11:39 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

QUOTE (Willis)
I wasn't meaning to be argumentative. I know what you mean though. I'm sure this guy will get mad about not hitting anything and eventually switch over, but who knows. as for now, he wants the 2 guns.

Willis

No harm, no foul.

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Mar 24 2006, 07:10 AM
Post #8

Great Dragon

Note that if you have the ambidexterity quality, you don't have to split your dice pool to fire twice as often. You can fire one gun with one simple action, but still have the advantage of using, say, one gun that has stick-and-shock ammo, and another gun that has EX explosive ammo. Or, you can wield a revolver in each hand and fire one with each simple action, getting the stopping power of the Ruger Super Warhawk with a semi-automatic pistol's rate of fire.

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Mar 24 2006, 12:03 PM
Post #9

Runner

Member No.: 948

Another way of solving it is to use an Exotic skill to cover off-hand gunnery.

A bit more expensive BP wise but ambidexterity IS supposed to be quite rare after all.

Off-hand pistols skill: Removes penalty for firing off-hand.

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Mar 25 2006, 04:00 AM
Post #10

Great Dragon

I wouldn't have a problem with that game-balance wise, but it would be kind of a nightmare if such a character fired two guns at once. How do you split the dice pool when there are two separate skills? Maybe you could use the average of the two skills, or something.

+Quote Post
Teulisch
post Mar 25 2006, 04:16 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,965

if you have two seperate skills, you use the smaller of the two dice pools.

having two guns fire at once gives you a very low accuracy, and decent damage. using called shot (+4DV, -4 dicepool) is more usefull in many cases. the advantage, however, is that there is a penalty to defense based on how many attacks you defend against.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 07:37 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.