Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HELLHOUND PUPPIES!
emo samurai
post Apr 2 2006, 07:41 PM
Post #1

Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,019

How much would they cost to buy? I read the books, and they don't piss acid, so that takes care of, like, 80% of the potential problems I envisioned. What would you feed them? Meat? Babies? Brimstone?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Apr 2 2006, 07:50 PM
Post #2

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

How do you come up with such ideas? :wobble:

:rotfl:

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Apr 2 2006, 08:37 PM
Post #3

Dragon

They rock; therefore, I come up with them.

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Apr 2 2006, 09:02 PM
Post #4

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

Where does it say that hellhounds don't urinate?

For easy cleanup I recomend a cerberus. Its like having three dogs but only having to clean up after one unless you get a wierd mutant metatype with one head and three butts.

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Apr 2 2006, 09:05 PM
Post #5

Dragon

I meant that they don't pee acid. Bad typo. I'd have assumed that they did.

+Quote Post
fool
post Apr 2 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,316

I don't know what the puppies would cost, but the pet license would be outrageous

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Apr 2 2006, 09:16 PM
Post #7

Dragon

Who needs a license if you're SINless? The whole point of being SINless is that you don't need licenses. If anyone tries to snitch on you, feed them to the puppy.

+Quote Post
PBTHHHHT
post Apr 2 2006, 10:28 PM
Post #8

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,327

Just because you're Sinless doesn't mean you can do anything you want. In some cases, it's worse. They don't like you and your puppy, so they shoot you, organleg your body, and then sell off your puppy. Hell, if the puppy is a pest most of your neighbors would be glad you got capped and be done with that ugly little beast.

You kill the snitch, watch out because the snitches cop buddies will lean on you about it. The cops might be a little pissed because they have to spent time and nuyen getting a new snitch. Heck, they might make you their new snitch if you play nice. If not, hell, if they bag another scummy no good criminal, that's another one for their arrest/kill record, maybe they might get that bonus. Don't forget about the snitch's buddies and such also. Just because you're sinless doesn't mean you can just go around capping people offhand unless you can make sure no one knows you did it because otherwise there is even repercussions if you get the wrong person.

edit: I'm just saying all this to make you think outside of 'Oh, I'm sinless, anarchy time, let's kill everyone and not worry about it.' Especially if you want to GM, it adds more direction and new paths in a game and it makes you think about additional life outside of just the immediate area around the runner.

+Quote Post
neko128
post Apr 2 2006, 10:45 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,209

Amusingly enough, I had meant to post this exact question last week, and just never got around to it because of work.

I'm leaning towards the 2k area for an untrained puppy, and 10k for a trained one.

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Apr 2 2006, 10:57 PM
Post #10

Dragon

Heehee! He'll be the cutest firebreathing ravenous man-eater ever!

+Quote Post
NightHaunter
post Apr 3 2006, 01:13 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,408

Bring back the animal bonding metamagic! :vegm:

+Quote Post
Waltermandias
post Apr 3 2006, 05:58 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

From: Lenexa, Kansas (Yes Kansas, we ain't all hicks y'all.)
Member No.: 8,291

I imagine raising them is pretty damn expensive. The cost on cyber-hair and eyebrows to replace those you lose when the adorable little thing licks your face is pretty pricey, and I think they eat bibles and orphans, so that's a big expense.

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Apr 3 2006, 06:05 PM
Post #13

Dragon

I actually looked for an "Acid Spit" power, and they don't have one. They are just like puppies; they just breathe fire. Which is AWESOME. You can get bibles for free if you talk to the right church, and orphans are always free.

+Quote Post
Halabis
post Apr 3 2006, 08:23 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,773

What do bibles have to do with anything? They are dogs. That breath fire. They dont eat babies. They dont demand you sacrifice things to satan. They are dogs. That breath fire. Thats it. (well, that and astraly percieve and cause fear)

+Quote Post
KB12
post Apr 3 2006, 08:30 PM
Post #15

Target

Member No.: 1,986

I actually looked for an "Acid Spit" power, and they don't have one.

What about the power of Corrosive Spit (page 287) ?

Or did you simply mean that Hell Hounds don't have this power and I'm over analyzing things....

+Quote Post
Shrike30
post Apr 3 2006, 09:37 PM
Post #16

Runner

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Halabis)
What do bibles have to do with anything?

Bibles are high in fiber. Babies are not. The two are mutually compatible in the hellhound diet.

+Quote Post
Waltermandias
post Apr 3 2006, 09:41 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

From: Lenexa, Kansas (Yes Kansas, we ain't all hicks y'all.)
Member No.: 8,291

And necessary! You definately don't want your puppies getting hellhound scurvy from a lack of bible fiber and vitamin O.

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Apr 3 2006, 10:01 PM
Post #18

Dragon

They feed off of irony and hate.

+Quote Post
Dranem
post Apr 3 2006, 10:05 PM
Post #19

Running Target

Member No.: 7,975

QUOTE (emo samurai)
Who needs a license if you're SINless? The whole point of being SINless is that you don't need licenses. If anyone tries to snitch on you, feed them to the puppy.

Emo, have you ever tried to purchase a dog in North America? Not some stray you pick off the streets, not some mangy hound you get from the pound, but buying a legal animal from a registered breeder. (And Hellhouds would require a registered breeder)
Not only do you pay a good $1k for a normal dog, but then there's licensing fees and shots to worry about.

Hellhounds (if I recall) are a restricted animal, meaning that you'd have to have a pretty high SIN (or Fake SIN) as well as a reason to purchase the animal. Frankly I think anyone short of an A corp would find it extremely hard to get an owners license for a Hellhound...

Then again, this isn't any further out than your other 'I think it's cool' ideas either.

+Quote Post
Tattered~Seraphi...
post Apr 3 2006, 10:14 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,412

Thanks for the idea, Emo....... muwahahaha! :D

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Apr 3 2006, 10:24 PM
Post #21

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

QUOTE (Dranem)
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Apr 2 2006, 05:16 PM)

Emo, have you ever tried to purchase a dog in North America? Not some stray you pick off the streets, not some mangy hound you get from the pound, but buying a legal animal from a registered breeder. (And Hellhouds would require a registered breeder)
Not only do you pay a good $1k for a normal dog, but then there's licensing fees and shots to worry about.

Hellhounds (if I recall) are a restricted animal, meaning that you'd have to have a pretty high SIN (or Fake SIN) as well as a reason to purchase the animal. Frankly I think anyone short of an A corp would find it extremely hard to get an owners license for a Hellhound...

Then again, this isn't any further out than your other 'I think it's cool' ideas either.

Shadowrunners are criminals who steal things and shoot people in the face for money. I don't think they'd have much trouble getting a hellhound from a registered breeder who probably isn't armed.

If push comes to shove just wait untill you run against a facility with hellhound guard dogs, knock one out with stun damage, and take it home.

+Quote Post
Dissonance
post Apr 4 2006, 12:00 AM
Post #22

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,992

I think I'd rather not take something that could bite my nuts off and cauterize the wound at the same time home with me, thank you very much.

+Quote Post
James McMurray
post Apr 4 2006, 01:19 AM
Post #23

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,957

Amored cybernuts should help with that.

+Quote Post
Edward
post Apr 4 2006, 01:19 AM
Post #24

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,587

You pay $US1000 for a dog.

My dog cost $AU25 (~$US15) but not from a licensed breeder. I know somebody that had a pure bread beagle from a licensed breeder and that was only $AU300 ($US200)

Personally I’m thinking this is a good run seed. NMJ wants 3 hell hound pups, and he is fussy about witch ones. The breeder already chipped them, and he will give you the chip numbers. You have to sneak in to the breeders (low security, other than the 10 adult hellhounds, and 20 grown pups, and 20 young pups, and the other awakened animals they breed.) identify the 3 pups the J wants. Extract them. Look after them for a few days while you set up a meat with the J. hand them over.

The twist, the J isn’t all that competent. These are for him personally, he has been at the breeders and is known to be interested in those 3 pups, when they go missing he is the prime suspect, if some action is not taken prevent identification of the pups taken (GM not to hint to players) the J will have been questioned before the handover and will back out of the deal.

I’m so glad my players don’t read this board.

Edward

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Apr 4 2006, 01:26 AM
Post #25

Dragon

We could easily steal one from a breeder. How is their behavior compared to real puppies?

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:30 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.