IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> how much damage would a dud grenade do?
child of insanit...
post Apr 3 2006, 08:32 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,848

if you fired a grenade from a launcher of some sort, how much damage would it do if it hit someone/thing? maybe if it was a dud, or it was airtimed and hadn't reached that point yet. ie. you fire a grenade and time it to explode in the car, but you had to get through the glass first. or you fired it at someone less than 5m away.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crusher Bob
post Apr 3 2006, 08:53 AM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 4,253

In SR3 terms, you are looking at something like 4-6M stun.

+Quote Post
child of insanit...
post Apr 3 2006, 09:21 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

i forgot to mention that i was playing S3.
and would that break the average window?

+Quote Post
Birdy
post Apr 3 2006, 09:26 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,528

From "testing" with a 40mm non-exploding (training) round: Yes, it will. And then the owner of the car will break your ass...

+Quote Post
child of insanit...
post Apr 3 2006, 11:42 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

so a 6m stun you think would be ok? or would it be a bit higher? maybe treat it like a gel round at the same time for knockdown/back? maybe a bit higher for breakage purposes?

+Quote Post
Birdy
post Apr 3 2006, 11:51 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,528

QUOTE (child of insanity @ Apr 3 2006, 11:42 AM)
so a 6m stun you think would be ok? or would it be a bit higher? maybe treat it like a gel round at the same time for knockdown/back? maybe a bit higher for breakage purposes?

At least a Gel-Round (BeanBag if SR has that) maybe even a lethal round of pistol caliber. It went cleanly through the front window of a Mercedes 300GL at > 50m.

+Quote Post
mfb
post Apr 3 2006, 12:02 PM
Post #7

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

i've seen 40mm paint rounds go through an inch of plywood and keep going quite a ways. i'd say closer to 9M stun.

+Quote Post
child of insanit...
post Apr 3 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

it's been awhile since i've completely read teh shadowrun3 rules, would that damage be brought down due to it being stun?

+Quote Post
Slump
post Apr 3 2006, 01:32 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,492

Nah, stun's just a different track (but pretty hard to heal, and it's damage TN adjustments stack with lethal damage TN adjustments, plus if the stun track fills, they are out cold (and start taking lethal damage from those previously stunning attacks). Stun is the best way to catch someone. Stun and Lethal is a good way to gimp someone, but let them run away under their own power.

+Quote Post
Crusher Bob
post Apr 3 2006, 02:53 PM
Post #10

Runner

Member No.: 4,253

9M is rather excessive. Consider that a strong guy (Str 4) hitting you with a baseball bat (Str +2) would only be 6M. Also, the grenades used in SR are ~25mm (which is why you can have magazine fed under-barrel GLs, not 40mm) so they would not hit as hard as a 40mm grenade.

+Quote Post
child of insanit...
post Apr 3 2006, 04:04 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

i'd say that a launcher that can pump a 25mm grenade 300m could do a bit more damage than a guy with a baseball bat. but that's just me.
are the grenades really round, or sort of bullet shaped? that might help too.

+Quote Post
Austere Emancipa...
post Apr 3 2006, 04:10 PM
Post #12

Great Dragon

Member No.: 5,222

I suggested 5-6M for SR3's 0.1kg minigrenades last time this was asked.

Of course, a 40mm LV dud should do quite a bit more damage than a Heavy Pistol gel round, but I think that's more of a problem with how gel ammunition is handled than with the suggested DCs of dud grenades.

[Edit]If the only requirement is to launch a ~80-90 gram projectile 300 meters on a very arched trajectory, you could make that happen with such a low velocity (much less than 200fps) that being hit by a dud from that would definitely be preferable to getting beat with a baseball bat.[/Edit]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:49 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.