IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Funny ways to off someone?, Especially using magic.
ShadowDragon8685
post Apr 4 2006, 11:38 AM
Post #1

Horror

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,445

This occured to me while I was reading the Phantasm / Trid Phantasm rules in the SR4 book, but I imagine it works just as well in SR3.

First off, and this is the part for a Decker or a Face, you have to convince the target that someone (else) is going to assassinate him, and that they're not worried about being covert. Convince him that they have an attack helicoptor on the way to whatever building he's in, and they're going to eliminate him.

Secondly, convince him that someone (his own corp, Lone Star, whatever), has already gotten wind of the plot, and that they have a chopper on their way to extract him the hell out of Dodge. (This is also a good plan if you can arrange your own chopper, because nobody in a hurry looks at the driver.)

So he runs up on the roof, to the chopper that's waiting for him. As he gets there, of course, a "missile" hits the side of his building, in the place where he usually was - that should convince him to run for the chopper. Before he reaches it, a hailstorm of bullets forces his ride to lift, and now he's panicing as he's dancing from the bullets hitting all around him as the choppers duel in the air. The friendly chopper should shake off the "assassins" long enough to hover just off the side of the building - hopefully by now he's in a full-fledged corporate "violence? Against me?!" panic mode, and will dash for the figment helicoptor without a second thought... And plummit to his death. :)

From the perspective of anyone else watching (since hopefully you're not actually using trid phantasm, but fantasm), it looks like this guy ran out of his office to the roof, begins suffering what is apparently some kind of siezure or drug-induced episode, and leaps to his death.

Okay, it's overcomplicated and silly, but it would be hilarious for the orcheastrator.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tattered~Seraphi...
post Apr 4 2006, 12:20 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,412

Lol, that's good! Complicated but amusing.
A very amusing, but dangerous way to eliminate a team of Tir Ghosts (and my character really did this with her SR team's help):

Follow the team of Ghosts to be eliminated about, spying in on the team leader's commlink, getting as much possible info about the team as possible.
Remember the way that should the Tir Peaceforce (?) site be hacked, a team within the city that it was hacked in will be disatched to eliminate said hacker. Also remember that there are only a limited number of teams in a city to go deal with the problem. Putting two and two together, know that the team of Ghosts that are one's target will be the one s to go deal with a hacker should the site be hacked.
Send in one's team's main hacker/rigger to hack the Tir Matrix, steal some data, and get traced. Set up ambush in a tatty old apartment in the outskirts of the city, with the rigger/ hacker in the bedroom, with a team-member watching the apartment entrance, which has a door at each end (perfect for making the Ghosts have to go single file and not have immediate access to the apartment proper). Said team-member has a little old fashioned pulley to let the drone, which is rigged with a couple of paint bombs, go off. Reason for this as one knows that the Ghosts will come in in stealth suits. A few more team members are hidden around the room, such as behind the sofa and in the bathroom.
Oneself stands to side of doorway, in stealth suit, out of range of the paintbombs when they go off, ready to attack the Ghosts the moment they come in and get splatted by the paintbombs.

Result: Team of four or five Ghosts are splatted with paint and cut down before they can even fire off a single bullet- all they did was open the door. One goes and delivers message of "Fuck Off!" to the remaining, non-field ops Ghost who didn't go out (Julia Stiles in the Jason Bourne movies type character), in a very stylish manner. Job done.

The reason why my team had to go deal with a team of Ghosts was because my character is a young ex-Ghost who was sent on a suicide mission- 'she was expendable'. But she survived, and knew that she'd been set up, so she leaves and becomes a SR in Seattle. After finding out about some of the jobs she's done, the Tir decide that she's got some useful info so want her back. If she doesn't go back, her teammates will die. She decides that this isn't on, so after initially 'agreeing' to return, follows the Ghost that made contact with her and formulates the plan on how to get rid of the team sent after her. It was a very fine run, with careful planning, and very very quick execution of the assassination. ^_______^

+Quote Post
nick012000
post Apr 4 2006, 12:35 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 7,398

The problem with that plan is that you're expecting them to come in through the door. They'd probably blow a hole in a wall, and come in through that, or rappel onto balconies or through windows.

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Apr 4 2006, 12:47 PM
Post #4

Mystery Archaeologist

Member No.: 7,760

Back in the day (like ten years ago) I character on mine called Coldfish took a job offing the board of a corporation, not a AAA mega by the way just a big national level one...

I was acting as fixer to the rest of the team and deicded that if this was going to work we needed to make them look like accidents... As the hits went on they got less "subtle".

1) Send the team Rat Shamen, Rico, into a targets house while I had him Imp Invisable. He hid out in the guys bathroom and when the guy took a bath had a great form water spirit accident the guy so he slipped, hit his head and drown.

2) Hire a bunch of Gogangers to mob the next victims car. Have one throw a grenade under it. Then get a Fire elemental on remote service to manifest in the fuel tank. BOOM!. Thank you Denver sourcebox.

3) I wait near targets house. Wait till I see his chopper take off, then call Rico, who is sat somewhere on the heli's flight path. He summons a spirit of Storm and accidents the coptor until it crashes into rush hour traffic.

Okay at this point the board where starting to notice...

4) I wait invisible near the victims house and have an earth elemental engulf and drag her into her gravel and dirt drive, much to the shock of her guards.

5) The team rigger, who was an idiot btw, got sent on this one. Target dining out in posh restaurent. Wait till he leaves and drive his steel lynx with (in SR2 as far as we could tell allowed) auto cannon up and waste the sucker and his companion. Companion survived, due to UBER bullet barrier, which was good seeing as he was our johnson.

At this point the ref stopped running, shame really I was planning on a plane/helicopter crash into the next board meeting...

Most of these where plotted by me and Rico's player (a sneaky bastard). Rico later plotted to kill a badguy using explosives and a broken down petrol tanker along his route to work, this was vetoed by teammates with morals.

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon8685
post Apr 4 2006, 02:59 PM
Post #5

Horror

If you can get this one to work out, it'll be hilarious.

Problem is that it'll need either a decker-rigger to work, or a decker and a rigger working together.

Step 1 is simple enough. Hack the target's household network. (As described in the Sprawl Survival Guide.)

Step 2 is where the fun starts. Get one of his household drones to sneak into his bathroom with an appliance (like his Mr. Coffee) that's plugged into an extension cord or something, while he's in the shower.

That's where you need a rigger, because his household cleaning deone probably isen't made outright for stealth. But between it's "unobtrusive design" nature and the rigger rigging it, you should hack it.

Step 3 is to heave the Mr. Coffee and watch the fireworks (if you're a sick bastard. If you're not, you jack out and GTFOoD.)

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Apr 4 2006, 04:07 PM
Post #6

Dragon

Member No.: 8,019

If you use a hair dryer or something, it'll look like more of an accident.

+Quote Post
Foreigner
post Apr 4 2006, 04:16 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,630

I think that this was in a piece of SR fiction (I don't recall whether it was one of the books or an online story; it might've been one of Shapcano's "Owen Glendower" pieces), but what about a Metahuman body?

IIRC, the main character--who had just taken out a bunch of go-gangers singlehandedly in a rooftop scuffle--carried the unconscious/dead body of one of them--an Ork or Troll--over to the edge of the building's roof, and dropped him/it onto a member of the aforementioned gang who'd managed to escape by fleeing down the stairs.

Just after the guy stepped out onto the street, the protagonist dropped the body and, since the body was much bigger than the victim (a Human or Elf), said victim went squish--especially since the building in question was at least three stories high.

--Foreigner

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Apr 4 2006, 05:26 PM
Post #8

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,760

Hmm... how about this.

The mage finds the target and casts 'control actions' on him. The mage marches the guy up to the roof, yell out 'goodbye world' and jump off. A lot less complicated then the whole helicopters thing and just as much astral residue.

Or how about you break into his house, steal his medications and simply double or quadruple the dose per pill, then replace said medications.

How about trip wires at the top of the stairs (invisible or otherwise).

Have a spirit turn into a morsel of food on the target's plate. On the way down, it expands suddenly, asphyxiating him. When the guy is dead, the spirit simply disappears to the astral.

Send a note to someone desreputable in the family indicating the target's life insurance has just been doubled with the family member as the sole beneficiary. Hack into the guy's phone lines to confirm this when he calls to ask about what looks like a computer error.

Some of these ideas are amusing, but way more complicated than they need to be. However the coffee maker in the shower is interested. I've found it's much more efficient to brew coffee using my own shower water. The water is already hot, and it saves on my monthly bill!

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Apr 4 2006, 07:15 PM
Post #9

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

Drop Bears on the shower curtain rod. The bathroom is the deadliest room in the house.

+Quote Post
Tattered~Seraphi...
post Apr 4 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,412

*Cackles with glee at all these fiendish plots*
ROTFL Those are great ideas! I really like the bathroom accident with the drone and the dropping a heavier meta onto a squishy.

+Quote Post
Trax
post Apr 4 2006, 07:44 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,924

My team and I have been recently hired to kill some mob people, we're considering killing them in classic mob movie styles. Cement shoes into the river, shooting them while they are eating, drive by, blowing up their car, etc.

Right now another guy and I are about to crash a wedding party. I don't think we've planned for anything more than to go to the party and schmooze our way inside. At one point when we found out they go to a bar that sells a particular brand of imported beer, I wanted to go to the corp and data steal the information...and steal a beer truck. Not sure how the beer truck got involved.

Any mob style killings to suggest?

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Apr 4 2006, 08:23 PM
Post #12

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

Cast Agony, recasting as necessary to get that eight net successes. Sustain until death.

~J

+Quote Post
John Campbell
post Apr 4 2006, 08:33 PM
Post #13

Running Target

Member No.: 3,581

Levitate your target. Straight up. Until you can barely see them anymore. Then drop the spell and walk away. Best done in an open area with no tall buildings or the like anywhere around. Do it with multiple targets and have side bets on who hits the ground first!

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Apr 4 2006, 09:06 PM
Post #14

Dragon

You... STOLE IT FROM ME!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Dawnshadow
post Apr 4 2006, 09:21 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,086

Wait on a mountain curve. When you see the car coming, cast ice sheet*.

When dealing with a skilled driver, cast and sustain an extremely high force "wind" spell.

*may require strategic weakening of support rails for maximum effectiveness

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Apr 4 2006, 09:25 PM
Post #16

Dragon

Do those things even help?

+Quote Post
Dawnshadow
post Apr 4 2006, 09:28 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,086

Probably not on a head on, but maybe on a glancing. But you never know how well the driver's going to do on the crash test, so it usually pays to be careful.

+Quote Post
shadowfire
post Apr 4 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,447

i think the funnest thing i have ever done to off someone in game was to use their own pet (very hostle) a dire or hell rat, which is about the size of a foot stool. first you feel the air in the persons sleeping chamber with a heavly sented aroma that puts them into a deeper sleep. then let the little creature loose into the bedroom with the only exit closed. its probably a really mess death, but hey whatever.

+Quote Post
BookWyrm
post Apr 5 2006, 12:16 AM
Post #19

Running Target

Member No.: 2,607

In the words Socrates, "I drank what?"

+Quote Post
Foreigner
post Apr 5 2006, 01:22 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,630

QUOTE (Trax @ Apr 4 2006, 02:44 PM)
At one point when we found out they go to a bar that sells a particular brand of imported beer, I wanted to go to the corp and data steal the information...and steal a beer truck. Not sure how the beer truck got involved.

Any mob style killings to suggest?

Trax:

How about a beer truck with a Fuel-Air-Explosive bomb inside it?

Messy, but effective, especially if Mr./Mrs./Ms./Miss Johnson (whew!) wants to send a message.

You could find out what the mark's favorite brand is, and set it up to look like a gag gift from a friend or something.

Actually, that would work for other foods/beverages besides beer....

--Foreigner

+Quote Post
child of insanit...
post Apr 5 2006, 03:45 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,848

my first time playing shadowrun i had a shitty gm who liked killing the newbies. i was given the SR2 Merc character. awaiting the contact in the back alley i get attacked by a troll who charges me. having left all guns in the car, i had a knife and a HE grenade. knowing the knife was worthless i popped the pin on the grenade punched the grenade into the trolls mouth, and hiptossed him into the dumpster behind me. of course i needed to make some ungodly rolls, but luck prevailed and it worked. :D
and a tactic for anyone with some knowledge of chemicals. or simply anyone who made it to grade 11 science class. take a tea bag. empty it. replace with potassium. reseal. fill a wine bottle with gas. make sure the neck is dry. tie a string to the tea bag and drop it into the wine bottle but far enough away from the gas to not ignight. seal bottle with cork or whatever, tie another string to the bottle and attach to the doorknob of the target (make sure he's home). ring doorbell and leave. when he opens the door the bottle falls over, explodes, and you give the target a firey death.
i used this one against a corp exec once. it had to look accidental. we took his high priced real leather shoes, and put a nail in it. just long enough to get through the heel and _almost_ touch his foot. as he was walking somewhere some (live) electrical wires happened to hit the ground near him. the charge went through the nail, into his legs and he died. he did actually jump pretty high though...

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Apr 5 2006, 03:52 AM
Post #22

Old Man Jones

Member No.: 1,699

Er, the charge went into the nail, up into his foot, and... then where?

Electricity doesn't move anywhere unless it's got some path that it can complete to a ground point.

And I'm fairly sure most forensics labs would pick up on that nail in his shoe.

+Quote Post
Nikoli
post Apr 5 2006, 04:03 AM
Post #23

Chicago Survivor

Member No.: 6,033

Group was meeting with a talismonger who was providing us with details on an artifact we "found". Some very drunk person started trouble with the Troll in the party, still not sure as to the why of it but he foolishly ignored my dwarf sorcery adept with a penchant for animate...
After he sat back down at his table his chair immediately grappled him and walked him outside, to a waiting taxi, the door held open by the other troll in the party. The last words spoken to the driver was, "This guy doesn't like orks." (The driver was an ork)
We never heard what happened to the guy...

+Quote Post
child of insanit...
post Apr 5 2006, 04:28 AM
Post #24

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,848

i should have said them instead of it. and he was inspecting some building sites the previous day (i forgot to mention :embarassed: )

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon8685
post Apr 5 2006, 05:26 AM
Post #25

Horror

QUOTE (Nikoli)
Group was meeting with a talismonger who was providing us with details on an artifact we "found". Some very drunk person started trouble with the Troll in the party, still not sure as to the why of it but he foolishly ignored my dwarf sorcery adept with a penchant for animate...
After he sat back down at his table his chair immediately grappled him and walked him outside, to a waiting taxi, the door held open by the other troll in the party. The last words spoken to the driver was, "This guy doesn't like orks." (The driver was an ork)
We never heard what happened to the guy...

Hahahaa.

Now that's a funny way to off someone. Bet he got to see more of the Underground than he ever wanted to in any lifetime.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:27 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.