IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Insect Spirits and Cyberware, Just how deadly can an insect spirit be?
BrianL03
post Apr 5 2006, 05:28 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,504

I am running an online game with some friends that takes place in pre- and during Bug City Chicago. Now, quite obviously, insect spirits are going to be a common element in the storyline and there will be involvement thereof between the group and these insect spirits, including some that are "good merges".

Now, as only one member of the group is a mage in any aspect (and the closest the rest of the group comes is someone with two points of Magic Background), I want to throw some of them for a loop, but at the same time, don't want to violate game laws unless I have to (none of the group has fought against an insect spirit before, character-wise, so who's to say what they really are like?).

What I'm wondering is if a flesh form or good merge insect spirit is still able to use their cyberware that was implanted in them. I'm getting from the whole "Mental Attributes = Spirit's Force" that things like an SPU and other bioware and cyberware mental-boosting enhancements won't work. But when it says that the spirit's Physical Attributes = the host's physical attributes... does that still mean that I can have a dermal plated Troll wasp spirit with muscle replacement go completely to town on them?

Now, that's just an extreme example. There are other characters that I'm wanting to have cyber, I'm just curious as to how it'd work.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lindt
post Apr 5 2006, 06:30 PM
Post #2

Man In The Machine

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,105

While Im not entirly sure, Id say that anything 'structural' would be fine. Bone lacing, muscle replacement, ect.

You want nasty? Have them merge with an adept.

+Quote Post
Dale
post Apr 5 2006, 07:10 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,088

Aw, just make them insect spirits merge with cybered up Drake vampires and be done with it.
:P

+Quote Post
Edward
post Apr 6 2006, 01:01 PM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,587

Insect spirits loose there magical abilities they had as human. So adepts don’t work.

Edward

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Apr 6 2006, 04:54 PM
Post #5

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

A spirit possessing a decker can deck and a spirit possessing a rigger can rig so I'd say that DNI cyberware is fine in a fleshform. I'd even let them benefit from the rare piece of 'ware that increases mental stats. All things being equal Fleshforms aren't possessing spirits they are dual natured critters.

+Quote Post
toturi
post Apr 7 2006, 12:52 PM
Post #6

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

Have a good merge fleshform worker. Yes, I said worker. Use Skill - Small Unit Tactics + Tac Comp implant.

For the record, I got a Termite worker with Tac Comp(+ all the bells and whistles) and 2 good merge fleshform cybered-up Juggernauts, along with half the hive all with BT cyberlinks. Have fun.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:47 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.