IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Come here sparky...metal grinds the ground, How do you add cyberware to drones?
mrobviousjosh
post Apr 5 2006, 08:00 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,560

Okay, I know a lot about drones now but don't know how to add modifications, like vision enhancements, to them. It's not under customization rules in Rigger 3 (other than sensors) but how do I slap on extra things like cyberskates or flare compensation? Thanks guys.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Apr 5 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #2

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

Flare Compensation would work like partial sensor enhancments (10% of a full sensor upgrade, IIRC). But cyberskates?!?!?! I imagine that, as a GM, I would make you customize the vehicle (drones are vehicles) for a secondary drive and add wheels. You could use the mechanical arms or adding a crane customization rules as a base.

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Apr 5 2006, 08:10 PM
Post #3

Ain Soph Aur

Member No.: 600

IIRC one of the books (either M&M or R3) provides a table explaining how much space 1 ECU is exactly. So from there, you can convert ECU to CF. Then you have no more problems. Just charge them the price of the cyber and deduct CF space.

+Quote Post
mrobviousjosh
post Apr 5 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

QUOTE (Backgammon)
IIRC one of the books (either M&M or R3) provides a table explaining how much space 1 ECU is exactly. So from there, you can convert ECU to CF. Then you have no more problems. Just charge them the price of the cyber and deduct CF space.

ECU? I must have overlooked that page somewhere (since my GM and I are new with drones I've been nice and played stock units with minor modifications).

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Apr 5 2006, 08:34 PM
Post #5

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

You can add anything to a Mechanical Arm that you would to a Cyberarm, save for Strength or Quickness enhancements (Strength has its own upgrade path, Quickness is irrelevant). GM has final say on how much stuff, figure a mechanical arm on a Body 1 vehicle would probably get a minimum of the stuff a human would get from a cyberlimb.

Also, ECU is a cyberware term from Man and Machine.

~J

+Quote Post
mrobviousjosh
post Apr 5 2006, 08:41 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Thanks guys. That's lead me in the right direction.

+Quote Post
Trax
post Apr 5 2006, 09:13 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,924

Cyberware is also half the price when used on a drone, since there is no loss of essence, or extensive surgery of meat on metal.

+Quote Post
mrobviousjosh
post Apr 5 2006, 11:48 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Cool, I didn't know that!

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Apr 6 2006, 07:27 AM
Post #9

Manus Celer Dei

Oh, your drones still lose Essence. They just don't care ;)

~J

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Apr 6 2006, 11:05 AM
Post #10

Free Spirit

Member No.: 1,920

QUOTE (mrobviousjosh)
Okay, I know a lot about drones now but don't know how to add modifications, like vision enhancements, to them. It's not under customization rules in Rigger 3 (other than sensors) but how do I slap on extra things like cyberskates or flare compensation? Thanks guys.

Flare compensation, see what is included with the various sensor levels. It could be included in level 1 or 2 probably (SR#, p.135.) There is so much already there, it would be silly not to include flare compensation and have flares take out all the other expensive stuff.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Apr 6 2006, 03:04 PM
Post #11

Manus Celer Dei

Flare compensation is included in level 5, and there are no rules for flares actually damaging equipment, merely reducing its immediate function.

It is available as a partial sensor upgrade, of course.

~J

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Apr 6 2006, 03:53 PM
Post #12

Ain Soph Aur

Member No.: 600

QUOTE (Trax)
Cyberware is also half the price when used on a drone, since there is no loss of essence, or extensive surgery of meat on metal.

Is that a rule? Or are you saying it's still full price, but you don't slap on surgery costs on top?

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Apr 6 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #13

Manus Celer Dei

Rigger 3 page 152, Mechanical Arms.

~J

+Quote Post
Trax
post Apr 6 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,924

QUOTE (Backgammon)
QUOTE (Trax @ Apr 5 2006, 05:13 PM)

Is that a rule? Or are you saying it's still full price, but you don't slap on surgery costs on top?

I saw it in the book somewhere, and I know somebody mentioned it on these forums during the occasional 'How to build Power Armour' debates.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:49 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.