Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who's the richest dragon of them all?
emo samurai
post Apr 6 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #1

Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,019

Before Dunkelzahn died, who was the richest dragon? I know that Lofwyr's the richest now. But I heard that he had, like, 13 trillion :nuyen:. Is that more or less than Saeder-Krupp? And why didn't he start his own megacorp like Lofwyr, if he wanted to change the world so much?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stevebugge
post Apr 6 2006, 05:08 PM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 7,996

Last time I checked Great Dragons didn't report their holdings to the SEC or PDC (though Dunkelzhan might have had to report to the FEC when he ran for President). That being said I don't think anyone really knows the net worth of any of the Great Dragons. It probably doesn't matter either as they all have sufficient resources to pursue their individual goals (good luck figuring out just what those are). Dragons of the Sixth World also mentioned that Dragons are sentimental creatures who hoard Memories, many of which happen to also be quite valuable, not just treasure. I would imagine that asking a Dragon how much he or she is worth is a good way to get yourself eaten.

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Apr 6 2006, 05:15 PM
Post #3

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

The Jewel of Memory alone is worth more than everything else on the planet combined given its significance. I'm pretty sure that Lowfyr has it.

+Quote Post
mintcar
post Apr 6 2006, 05:15 PM
Post #4

Karma Police

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,505

And why didn't he start his own megacorp like Lofwyr, if he wanted to change the world so much?

You don't thing becoming the president of UCAS allows you to change the world? And being a figurehead and mastermind of a mega-corporation may or may not give you more influence than being the behind-the-scenes mastermind of God knows what and how much. ;)

+Quote Post
Platinum
post Apr 6 2006, 05:20 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 1,115

QUOTE (hyzmarca)
The Jewel of Memory alone is worth more than everything else on the planet combined given its significance. I'm pretty sure that Lowfyr has it.

He has the "essence" hidden on a metaplane. The Jewel was stolen, but was essentially worthless.

how can you measure the wealth of a being that has thousands of "priceless" artifacts, and has nail clippings with millions.

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Apr 6 2006, 05:55 PM
Post #6

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

Every dragon as a big treasure.

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Apr 6 2006, 06:08 PM
Post #7

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

QUOTE (mintcar)
And why didn't he start his own megacorp like Lofwyr, if he wanted to change the world so much?

You don't thing becoming the president of UCAS allows you to change the world? And being a figurehead and mastermind of a mega-corporation may or may not give you more influence than being the behind-the-scenes mastermind of God knows what and how much. ;)

Yes, Dunkie had his claws in a lot of pies and still does via the Draco foundation. He owned may small corporations that he dedicated towards his pet projects and he was an investor in many others. He was Damian Knight's silent partner in the nanosecond buyout and almost certainly wielded some influance over Ares through him. He was on the board of directors of Aztechnology which is probably how Harlequin came to know of Darke's plot in Harlequin's Back.

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Apr 6 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #8

Dragon

Member No.: 8,019

How many boards was he on?

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Apr 6 2006, 11:40 PM
Post #9

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

Let's see: Ares (Vogel), Fuchi (Villiers), Aztechnology (McClure), VisionQuest (Brighton), Gavilan Ventures (Daviar), KZHN (Riberio), MegaMedia (Riberio), Brilliant Genesis Studios (Riberio), Amalgamated Studios (Riberio), Mountain Dragons Urban Brawl (Managers and Team), Gunderson (CEO), Fort Howard Bristol-Meyers Squibb (unclaimed), Proteus Subsystems (Meynt-Zai Industries), Goodman Theatre (Kochvar), Renraku (Lanier), Avalon Nightclub (Pembrenton), Pleasure Dome Hotel (Higginbotham)...

Then whatever was in the Florence portfolio, Xerxes Positive Research Tank, and...

+Quote Post
Kremlin KOA
post Apr 7 2006, 01:42 AM
Post #10

Shooting Target

Member No.: 6,650

QUOTE (Platinum)
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Apr 6 2006, 01:15 PM)
The Jewel of Memory alone is worth more than everything else on the planet combined given its significance.  I'm pretty sure that Lowfyr has it.

He has the "essence" hidden on a metaplane. The Jewel was stolen, but was essentially worthless.

how can you measure the wealth of a being that has thousands of "priceless" artifacts, and has nail clippings with millions.

actually if you go through that adventure you realize that the physical stone can be used to draw the essence back from the metaplanes.

[ Spoiler ]

and yes the jewel is worth more than the combined wealth of the big 10

+Quote Post
Platinum
post Apr 7 2006, 01:48 AM
Post #11

Running Target

Doesn't his brother steal it and gets angry when it is useless?

a prudent and daring move as his brother Alamaise stole the now-valueless physical crystal.

quoted from
http://ancientfiles.dumpshock.com/Artifex.htm#26

worth to a dragon .... can human access it?

+Quote Post
Edward
post Apr 7 2006, 01:55 AM
Post #12

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,587

Dragons probably don’t tract there own net worth. They track there power. Even lofwer would have to think before telling you his net worth anyway. For one he would need to consider the current market for dragon parts and wether or not to eat you for asking.

A week before dunkalzan died lofwer was the moor powerful. He ran a megacorp and ran it like his own little fiefdom (witch was all the more impressive given that little describes no part of it). as well as any other hidden interests he may have

For 30 minutes before his death dunkalzan was the greater, he was president of the UCAS and popular enough to dictate terms to the senate, as well as his other very significant influence (he had a seat on the bord of aztechnolagy)

Edward

+Quote Post
Platinum
post Apr 7 2006, 02:21 AM
Post #13

Running Target

I think Dragons continually monitor each other's wealth and power as it is a sign of status. They are the most competitive creatures on the planet, but they have learned that they can also wait centuries for planes to blossom and tip the scales in their favour. It said in either the DOTSW or in "dragons.pdf" that a dragon's hoard is filled with items a that represent memories. That might be true, but you know that they will part with a few memories in order to gain influence power and status.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Apr 7 2006, 04:59 AM
Post #14

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

QUOTE (Platinum)
worth to a dragon .... can human access it?

In The Forever Drug, it's accessed by a shapeshifter with a little direction, so I don't see why a human couldn't. Perhaps a little couching required, but they should be able to.

+Quote Post
Calvin Hobbes
post Apr 8 2006, 06:41 AM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,900

Bear in mind that while Dunkelzahn handed out a hell of a lot of money and favors, there was a lot that was also handed out privately and even then, the majority of what he had went to the DIMR. The will gave us a glimpse of his holdings, but it wasn't for sure even a patch on the true extent of his wealth.

+Quote Post
nick012000
post Apr 8 2006, 09:17 AM
Post #16

Running Target

Member No.: 7,398

QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
QUOTE (Platinum @ Apr 6 2006, 08:48 PM)
worth to a dragon ....  can human access it?

In The Forever Drug, it's accessed by a shapeshifter with a little direction, so I don't see why a human couldn't. Perhaps a little couching required, but they should be able to.

Well, according to the ED Dragons PDF, you need dragonspeech to access draconic memory crystals, so they're worthless to metahumans.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Apr 8 2006, 09:31 AM
Post #17

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

That's assuming that the Jewel of Memory works the same way, which it may not. The only thing they have in common is that you can access memories from them. A memory crystal has to be encoded. IIRC, they are also usually larger if they're holding large amounts of memories. I'd think that all the memories ever forgotten would take up a whole lot more space then is suggested if it's made along the same 'rules' as a memory crystal. I'll check out the Forever Drug when I get home and see if I can get some references on how it was done. It's been a while since I read it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:19 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.