IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do Spirits speak'a my language?, I just smiled and gave him a vegemite...
blakkie
post Apr 8 2006, 06:21 AM
Post #1

Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,263

What language do Spirits speak? Can a garden variety summoned Spirit "speak" at all? Are their linguistic abilities related in some way to the native tongue of thier conjurer? Is there old canon on this? Is there something I'm missing in the SR4 book?

I don't ever remember it coming up in SR games i've played in and GMed. Ever.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Apr 8 2006, 05:03 PM
Post #2

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

hmm, this reminds me of a old story where someone summoned a watcher to act as a translater between himself and a person that could only speak spanish or something like that (i cant be botherd to find the old thread).

i think the GM playing as if the spirit could only talk the languages of the summoner :silly:

+Quote Post
NightHaunter
post Apr 10 2006, 01:44 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,408

It would depend on spirit type, but as a general rule of thumb, I assume they can speak the casters native language, and other dependant on type and location.

Watcher are a different case again. Mostly only being able to communicate with the caster and "speak" only what they have been told/taught to.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:39 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.