IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reaction Enhancers, What can they be used with?
Fedifensor
post Apr 9 2006, 02:36 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,092

Under Cyberware (Bodyware), Reaction Enhancers state that they are "compatible with other Initiative-boosters.

The problem is, the only other Initiative-boosters I can find are Wired Reflexes and the Synaptic Booster, both of which say "cannot be combined with any other form of Initiative enhancement. Am I missing something?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Apr 9 2006, 02:37 PM
Post #2

jacked in

Group: Admin
Member No.: 463

Reaction Enhancers are no Initiative enhancements (even though they indirectly influence Initiative). ;)

That's the only way it makes sense. 8)

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
neko128
post Apr 9 2006, 02:56 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,209

I have to agree, this has always bothered me too; the phrasing is unclear.

Pretty much, I came down in the same place Thanee did; only things that actually directly increase Initiative or grant Initiative Passes are "Initiative Enhancers". Since Reaction Enhancers only directly increase Reaction, not Initiative, they don't count, and thus aren't subject to the restriction listed under Wired Reflexes and Synaptic Accelerators (and the PhysAd Equivalent).

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Apr 9 2006, 03:31 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

afaict, the initiative enhancement is really only referring to things that give you more IPs, and has nothing to do with how early in the round you go.

other things they would not stack with would presumably include any drug that gives you extra IPs, or so i would presume....

+Quote Post
Teulisch
post Apr 9 2006, 03:42 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,965

this is a holdover from older editions. they keep using the same text, even after it needs an update. heck, that text needed an update in 3rd. its still there.

+Quote Post
fool
post Apr 9 2006, 06:44 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,316

I've always ruled that wired, bio, and magic were all mutually exclusive, and are exclusive from things that would boost your vr init. Reaction enhancers boost just that your reaction.

+Quote Post
Liper
post Apr 9 2006, 08:10 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,885

it doesn't really need a update when initaitive isn't the same as reaction =p

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:17 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.