> Using two melee weapons
Voran
post Apr 11 2006, 08:42 AM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,099

Looking for some ideas for houserules on this. My thoughts:

2 weapon melee fighting is different from 2 weapon gun fighting. I don't have personal experience in martial arts, but it seems to me that 2 weapon fighting (escrima/fencing/whatever) with melee weapons is a mix to improve attack and defense at the same time.

Since SR4 brought back skill groups, would off-hand fighting (ala cannon companion) be rolled into the group or should it be separate?

I'm thinking its not such a big deal to roll it into the existing group, but it gets messy at higher levels. Skill ratings seem to have a harder cap in SR4 than sr3, due to having to have aptitude before raising a skill past 6, but as shown by some of our dumpshockers, dice pools can get insane with the right builds :P

Anyway, I'm thinking the skill group maybe would give you half its rating for off hand use. That would be further reduced by the -2 off hand penalty, so effectively if you use 2 weapons in melee, you'll get a net +1 dice at skill rank 6. Should it be part of the skil group? Or bought separately? If bought separately, how do you reconcile (if at all) the fact that you won't get anything for the first 2 levels of the skill you have to buy if you're not ambidextrous?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrinderTheTroll
post Apr 11 2006, 04:51 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,465

I know 2 threads where we've beat this topic to death.

go-go-gadget-searchfu!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:09 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.