IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I need the lowdown on the Azzies, Group: Read this and I will CUT you.
Waltermandias
post Apr 11 2006, 03:23 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
From: Lenexa, Kansas (Yes Kansas, we ain't all hicks y'all.)
Member No.: 8,291

The adventure I am planning to run next concerns Aztechnology, and I need some info on their security forces. Specifically, I think there's a group called the Jaguar Warriors or something along those lines? Their elite, Aztec themed, super-forces. I plan to use one as a recurring villain for several adventures, and I need to know about the group. What are they like? What's their schtick? More magic or cyber? How do they dress, act, etc.? How does Aztechnology generally use them?

The one in question is going to be present at a bio research facilty. (An EVIL bio-research facility, filled with assorted nasty doom-viruses and such.) Are they ever assigned as guards, perhaps as the head of security? Would it be more reasonable for him to be on an inspection (perhaps a surprise, thus explaining why the runners intel won't know he's there. Hmmm.)

Anyway, any information you all could provide would be 5w337. Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Apr 11 2006, 03:57 PM
Post #2

Ain Soph Aur

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 600

Disclaimers:
1) the Aztlan SB is a bit dated
2) I'm posting this from memory

The Jaguar Guards are the munchkin elite of Aztlan/Aztechnology. They protect the very most important sites like the pyramids and top sites, and *ONLY* in Aztlan.

For lesser sites, and anything not in Aztlan, there are the Leopard Guards. These are badass-lite.

Since Aztechnology is Aztlan, these security forces always pack milspec equipment and tactics, since, well, they are military.

In both you'll find especially a lot of adepts, but mages are common enough. The mundanes are cybered up. The Jaguar have their own innitiatory group, based on Warrior dogma (though totems tend to be featered serpent, jaguar, etc.. just saying they have a warrior philosophy).

Sometimes, for Very Very Annoying Enemies, Aztechnology will dispatch a team of Jaguars with the SOLE PURPOSE of killing their target, no matter where he goes. This is an exceptional measure, you REALLY have to torque off Aztechnology to warrant this.

I think the Jags always operate as a team, so it's unlikely you'd find a single one anywhere. And like I said, not outside Aztlan.

+Quote Post
Waltermandias
post Apr 11 2006, 04:11 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Group: Members
From: Lenexa, Kansas (Yes Kansas, we ain't all hicks y'all.)
Member No.: 8,291

Gotcha, so since the site in question is outside of Aztlan, I should be looking at the Leopard Guards. That still works fine for what I need. I presume they are also mil-spec, crazy badasses? Just not to the extreme of the Jaguar Guard?

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Apr 11 2006, 04:19 PM
Post #4

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

Exactly :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:07 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.