Reply to this topicStart new topic
> robocop, eaa is cliche 80's too
Straight Razor
post Apr 26 2006, 04:03 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,761

ok, random thought. robocop in sr3. i know is sounds pretty retarded.
anyone ever ran with a off-shoot of this idea.
or would you just end up with a -6ess cybor-zombie.
i guss it would be more about the story line that the character,
anyhow random train of thought...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fresno Bob
post Apr 26 2006, 04:22 AM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,252

Well, lets think about what he had.

Cyberarm x2
Cyberleg x2
Cybertorso
Cyberskull
Armor Rating 4
Body and Strength Rating 7
Cyber Holster
Smartlink
Spur

Probably some other stuff.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Apr 26 2006, 04:28 AM
Post #3

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

Certainly not Increased Reflexes.

Edges: Will to Live, Bravery
Flaws: Amnesia, Flashbacks, Mysterious Cyberware (Override)

+Quote Post
Calvin Hobbes
post Apr 26 2006, 05:30 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,900

I designed him. I'll see if I can dig him up.

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Apr 26 2006, 05:41 AM
Post #5

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

Image link? He gets all kinds of readouts in his vision. Although I suppose a better case could be made that those are security helmet mods.

Doesn't he do some "crazy strong man" stuff in the movie? Like tossing stuff that he shouldn't be able to? Might need to strengthen the cyberlimbs.

+Quote Post
Fresno Bob
post Apr 26 2006, 05:56 AM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

Heres a picture that should help somewhat.

Its been a while since I saw the movie, so I don't remember many feats of strength he did. I think they make some mention of his strength while they're doing the actual building.

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Apr 26 2006, 06:33 AM
Post #7

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

Yeah, I could be totally wrong. I don't think I've seen the movie in about 10 years.

+Quote Post
Cogar
post Apr 26 2006, 07:04 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,456

he does punch through a wall to get a perp ::)

that was cool :D

"Come with me or there will be. trouble."
:D

+Quote Post
langolas
post Apr 26 2006, 01:04 PM
Post #9

Target

Member No.: 7,404

Yeah, he does punch through the wall to grab the former mayer.

Granted it would go into the skull, but he would also have a tactical computer, when he was going through the drug lab he painted each target and began to shoot without looking at them.

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Apr 26 2006, 01:33 PM
Post #10

Mystery Archaeologist

Member No.: 7,760

I always took that to be how a smartgun works, but it could be a tac comp.

+Quote Post
Foreigner
post Apr 26 2006, 07:37 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,630

Voorhees:

I haven't seen any of the ROBOCOP films in a *very* long time, but I believe that the item you referred to as a spur was, in reality, some sort of computer interface device; that is, something that allowed Robocop to connect to a mainframe in order to upload or download information.

In SR terms, the device was probably some form of Direct Neural Interface (DNI).

It was used as a spur, after a fashion, near the end of the first film, but I don't believe that it was intended to be used as a weapon.

Also, as Straight Razor said, Robocop is a cyberzombie. The third film mentioned that the only parts of him that are human are his facial tissue (and presumably part of the underlying skeletal structure), some brain tissue, and a (rudimentary) digestive system, which was necessary to provide nourishment to the aforementioned organic "components". Everything else was replaced by cybernetic equivalents.

langolas, Ophis: IMNSHO, it was most likely *both*--that is, a combination smartlink and tactical computer. In addition, there was most likely a device to allow him to use an unfamiliar weapon with relative ease (perhaps an onboard ballistic computer?), as he took down a 209-series Enforcement Droid with a single shot from a Cobra Assault Cannon (well, actually it was a Barrett M-82A1 .50-BMG semiautomatic rifle, but that's beside the point).

--Foreigner

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Apr 26 2006, 09:35 PM
Post #12

Old Man Jones

Member No.: 1,699

Technically his face is artificial too. Per the second movie, "They made it to honor him."

Third movie, horrible as it was, introduced a modular weapon mount replacing his right forearm. Later he had a flightpack that could bolt to his back.

In the TV series he also had limpet mines and ram-set foot spikes to anchor himself to the ground (to stop oncoming cars and the like).

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Apr 26 2006, 10:20 PM
Post #13

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

Robocob the cyberzombie going and trashing all the PCs sounds like an admirable idea. The 80s win again.

+Quote Post
Fresno Bob
post Apr 26 2006, 10:25 PM
Post #14

Neophyte Runner

Well, yeah, I know it was a computer interface thing. But he used it as a spur to kill Clarence Boddicker at the end.

And the part about his face being artificial was a lie they told his wife so she wouldn't know that Robocop was, in fact, Murphy.

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Apr 27 2006, 02:51 AM
Post #15

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

Heh, at least the Ruger Thunderbolt is made for Robocop already.

OK, I thought of it. Let's say the PCs used their heavy weapons on Lone Star and made Lone Star lose credibility with the public. So Lone Star tracks them down, surrounds their hideout with 50 SWAT team members and 10 advanced riflemen, and they start bombarding the house with mortars, right?

So the team is like, "yeah right", and they start opening fire out the windows and hitting cops and meanwhile the advanced riflemen are like pop pop and PCs heads are exploding, and finally there's a few PCs left and they've done respectable damage to the cordon. And they're like, "Yay, we cost Lone Star more money, now let's figure out some Hooper-Nelson means of escape."

But then the next thing they know is that in an effort to minimize casualties Robocop has just busted down their door and is now stabbing them in the kidneys with his interface device.

The 80s win again.

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post Apr 27 2006, 02:56 AM
Post #16

Prime Runner

Member No.: 1,221

QUOTE (Ophis)
I always took that to be how a smartgun works, but it could be a tac comp.

the targeting is a smart link. later when his partner helps his aim you get the same image.

+Quote Post
Fresno Bob
post Apr 27 2006, 04:03 AM
Post #17

Neophyte Runner

Yeah, and give him Digestive Expansion. His main source of sustenence was baby food.

Robocop's one fatal weakness is exposure to Jack Bauer.

+Quote Post
BitBasher
post Apr 27 2006, 08:51 PM
Post #18

Traumatizing players since 1992

Member No.: 220

QUOTE (Voorhees)
Yeah, and give him Digestive Expansion. His main source of sustenence was baby food.

Robocop's one fatal weakness is exposure to Jack Bauer.

Quoted For Truth!

Okay, long time no post, but I'm about to admit something quasi-embarassing.

I read the book Robocop. it explained a LOT that the movie did not.

That was technically his face. His skin anyway. They couldnt reproduce the spinal column or brain or eyes, so those were natural, but the eyes has implants directly added to them for interface into the machine. They were specifically listed.

His skull was NOT his. His face was used because they thought politically he had to remain human in appearance in order to be more "Socially friendly". The bone structure of his face was made of "A L=Kevlar Laminated Titanium Alloy" according to the book.

He definitely did have increased strength, but did not have appreciably increased foot speed or reflexes.

his cyberlimbs were loaded to the max with (hardened and obvious) armor.

He definitely had a dactical computer and a smartlink. This was evidenced by his walkthrough of the drug plant before he opened fire and was able to pre-lock multiple targets before he opened fire. This was more or less the exact rules the tactical computer used in 2nd edition.

He also had eye and ear recorders, along with headware memory.

The spike in his knuckles was not intended as a weapon. In the book he never used it as one and it was referred to as an "optical interface strip" or some such. It was a fiber optic interface.

+Quote Post
danzig138
post Apr 27 2006, 09:27 PM
Post #19

Target

Member No.: 198

QUOTE (BitBasher)
The spike in his knuckles was not intended as a weapon. In the book he never used it as one and it was referred to as an "optical interface strip" or some such. It was a fiber optic interface.

Wasn't there a similar implant available in 1st ed SR? It seems like I saw something like that in the book.

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Apr 28 2006, 01:08 AM
Post #20

Dragon

Member No.: 8,019

The third movie rocked! There was a cyberninja that he had to kill, and then there was another one that he killed with a bomb, and then he used a fucking jetpack!

Okay, it sucked.

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Apr 28 2006, 01:25 AM
Post #21

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

QUOTE (danzig138)
QUOTE (BitBasher)

Wasn't there a similar implant available in 1st ed SR? It seems like I saw something like that in the book.

Program Carrier. It allowd a person to deck without a cyberdeck. It caused brain cancer.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:33 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.