Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pirates life for me...
Shadow
post May 1 2006, 03:52 AM
Post #1

Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill.

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,006

Anyone know what books I can find references to the pirate known as "Kane"?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mfb
post May 1 2006, 04:14 AM
Post #2

Immortal Elf

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,670

Kane's not really a pirate per se. he's a former CASsie fighter pilot whose one true love got shot down and captured during a run on Aztlan that never happened. he performs the biggest, loudest, sloppiest runs possible in hopes that she gets word of it, because his big plan is to get in and rescue her one day. everybody hates him because he has a habit of getting his teams killed. i believe you can find the above info out in NAGNA.

+Quote Post
HMHVV Hunter
post May 1 2006, 04:31 AM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 2,840

He's been referenced in Cyberpirates. He often uses sig files bragging about where he stands on the "Most Wanted" lists of nations and corporations (example: "Aztlan's Most Wanted #14...and dropping!") Kotick, in his write-up on piracy in that book, described Kane (and others like him) as, "A cop-killer, with hundreds of Lone Star, AtSec and FBI agents ready to shoot you on sight."

He also got into a VERY memorable pro-wrestling-style trash-talk fest with The Gingerbread Man in the Madagascar section of that book.

+Quote Post
SL James
post May 1 2006, 08:31 AM
Post #4

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

Group: Banned
From: Pissing on pedestrians from my electronic ivory tower.
Member No.: 7,473

He was introduced in a fiction piece set in ShadowCell (a time-out location on Shadowland) in the Shadowrun Companion for Second Edition, which is also where he explains his background (to wit, someone mentions how stupid it is, "Mass murder for love." Not that it ever stopped anyone before).

+Quote Post
HMHVV Hunter
post May 1 2006, 03:39 PM
Post #5

Running Target

QUOTE (SL James)
He was introduced in a fiction piece set in ShadowCell (a time-out location on Shadowland) in the Shadowrun Companion for Second Edition, which is also where he explains his background (to wit, someone mentions how stupid it is, "Mass murder for love." Not that it ever stopped anyone before).

Hmmm...that sounds like an interesting read.

I might have to pick up a copy of that book if I ever find it anywhere.

+Quote Post
SL James
post May 1 2006, 06:42 PM
Post #6

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

Group: Banned
From: Pissing on pedestrians from my electronic ivory tower.
Member No.: 7,473

I'm not doing anything with my copy.

+Quote Post
HMHVV Hunter
post May 1 2006, 06:43 PM
Post #7

Running Target

QUOTE (SL James)
I'm not doing anything with my copy.

Neither would I if I were you.

I've got some old SR books (Threats, Awakenings, several others) and there's no way I'm giving those up for any price.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:16 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.