Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vehicle Mods 101 - questions about mounts
HMHVV Hunter
post May 4 2006, 11:29 PM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,840

I've just gotten interested in rigging (in SR3), and I'm looking through the various rigger gear, and I've come across the types of mounts.

My question: is there a way to attack an ammo bin of some kind to a weapon on a firmpoint, hardpoint or turret? What does it cost from the vehicle to do this?

Keep in mind I don't have Rigger 3 (though with this newfound interest, I might buy it soon; my FLGS has about 4 copies of it left that aren't moving too fast).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
James McMurray
post May 4 2006, 11:31 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,957

I don't know about SR3 since I haven't looked at their rigging rules for yers, but in SR4 all mounted weapons use a 250 round ammo supply.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post May 4 2006, 11:56 PM
Post #3

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

It's in Rigger 3. Turrets come with their own internal CF, which can be used for things like ammo bins before eating further into the vehicle's CF. Other than that, though, ammo bins cost what stuff usually costs—money, CF, and Load.

~J

+Quote Post
HMHVV Hunter
post May 5 2006, 12:03 AM
Post #4

Running Target

QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
It's in Rigger 3. Turrets come with their own internal CF, which can be used for things like ammo bins before eating further into the vehicle's CF. Other than that, though, ammo bins cost what stuff usually costs—money, CF, and Load.

~J

Alright, do you happen to know how much of that stuff it costs for one ammo bin? Also, how many rounds does a bin hold? (I'm worried more about the bins for firmpoints and hardpoints).

Also, do missile launchers follow these rules too (for ammo bins)?

+Quote Post
Aku
post May 5 2006, 12:11 AM
Post #5

Running, running, running

Member No.: 6,769

ugh, horrible horrible memories of working on a vehicle maker.... off the top of my head, ammo bins used .2 cf per bin, and the ammo capacity was variable, based on the type of ammo, something like 2000 rounds for small arms, 1000 for large caliber guns and even less for another grade of weapons. Missle launchers, iirc, use seperate rules

+Quote Post
HMHVV Hunter
post May 5 2006, 12:19 AM
Post #6

Running Target

Oh.

Guess I gotta get Rigger 3 (soon as I get a JOB to pay for it, anyways).

+Quote Post
eidolon
post May 5 2006, 03:41 AM
Post #7

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

Make sure the copy you get is Rigger 3 Revised. (It's cool to have both though, IIRC there are vehicles in the first that got left out of the revised version.)

+Quote Post
Tiralee
post May 8 2006, 04:32 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,585

I've another question to throw at those more knowledgeable, since I'm still looking for my copy of Rigger 3.

What related skill do you use for installing a mount for, say, a Vindicator HMG?
-Long story short, the wired-up sammy looted a downed chopper with one of these intact, and is thinking of installing it in the back of his van "To deter tailgaters" (They have done very bad things so some go-gangers, GANGS of go-gangers - hello group Vendetta:))

From the somewhat fanboy descriptions, he wants to keep the thing nice and neat and discreet (Players learning curve on this was long and painful), but if necessary, he can get some poor sap at the back to throw open the rear clamshell and obliterate any persuit.

I was considering allowing it - it's a luggable weapon (8kg from memory, ammo extra) and so should be reasonably-easily fixed to a gimble/swingout arm from the side of the van. The Van's cfu storage will go down, yes, but if he actually works at it, and the person working on it (Likely to be another character) I'm willing to let them play with it.

After all, it's more player money down the hole, and that's what being a GM is all about... :)

I haven't told them about the deafening roar of the multibarrel as it winds up and fires, or of the TN modifier's I'll apply with all that hot brass flying about inside the van...

:) Recoil modifers...you guys DID install them, right? With the :nuyen: 50 brasscatcher? :)

Yes, I'm a bastard. No, if they didn't think of it, I'm not going to tell them either.

-Tir

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post May 8 2006, 04:40 AM
Post #9

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

Appropriate vehicle B/R. Also, if they don't specify otherwise the gun is assumed to be caseless.

~J

+Quote Post
Austere Emancipa...
post May 8 2006, 09:56 AM
Post #10

Great Dragon

Member No.: 5,222

QUOTE (Tiralee)
I haven't told them about the deafening roar of the multibarrel as it winds up and fires [...]

You really should. If the person in question happens to know how miniguns really function, he might be under the impression that they are exactly as loud as other firearms and don't require any "wind-up" time.

+Quote Post
Lindt
post May 8 2006, 05:58 PM
Post #11

Man In The Machine

Member No.: 1,105

It would need a hardpoint, though for that use a fixed one would work fine.
Ya got me on a day I dont have my laptop, so I dont know the exact figures.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:09 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.