IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What do you think of dragons?
How do you feel towards our scaly, gigantic brethren?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 108
Guests cannot vote 
emo samurai
post May 5 2006, 02:01 AM
Post #1

Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,019

How does everyone feel towards dragons? Do they inspire fear? Respect? Loyalty? Hatred?

I voted that they were awesome.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dawnshadow
post May 5 2006, 02:04 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,086

If they're on my side, they're great.
If they're technically on my side, but want to tear me limb from limb, I run and hide.
If they're not on my side, but not the enemy, I maintain a polite distance and great respect.
If they're the enemy, I plan long and hard and get a lot of explosives and anti-vehicular weapons ready as I can and prepare for a very painful, very long fight..... and hopefully sell their bodies for profit, while letting any dragon who helped lay claim to any particular parts they want..

+Quote Post
FanGirl
post May 5 2006, 02:12 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,438

I admire the wyrms for their power and cunning, but I hope I'll never meet one. If I should meet one, I'll just do whatever he asks me to do and hope for the best. Sure, there's the possibility that I'll get killed by following his orders, but there's also the guarantee that I'll get killed by not following his orders. This is especially true if he's a Great Dragon.

+Quote Post
HMHVV Hunter
post May 5 2006, 02:13 AM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 2,840

They're like people - I take them on a case-by-case basis.

Masaru - I always admire revolutionaries fighting for a worthy cause, so I think he's cool
Lung - Spiritual, with an admiration for puns. He's a cool guy, I think
Ryumyo - Headstrong and power hungry. Can't blame Lung for holding him back
Lofwyr - Greedy, power-hungry prick bent on world domination. Hate him
Alamais - Terrorist wanting to return metahumanity to primitivism. Hate him too
Hestaby - regardless of what Eyebright said about her, I think she's cool. Gotta love a dragon that uses "LOL" on Shadowland and can banter with Harlequin humorously :P
Damon - a party animal dragon. What's not to like?
Perianwyr - I find the idea of a dragon that likes to go on a bender hilarious

+Quote Post
Voran
post May 5 2006, 02:21 AM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 6,099

My current converted char served under a Western Dragon named Losobal, who in turn recently got beat down by Hestaby cause he got too uppity. Consequently, my char now sorta serves under Hestaby ;p Liked Perianwyr, met him with a diff char once upon a time. Never actually met Lofwyr. May or may not have annoyed Ryumyo due to all the Yak smashing my char has done in Hawai'i and in the states.

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post May 5 2006, 02:28 AM
Post #6

Dragon

What about Ghostwalker? He's a pretty major dragon you're ignoring.

+Quote Post
Lindt
post May 5 2006, 02:29 AM
Post #7

Man In The Machine

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,105

Im a big supporter of Hestaby for 2072.

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post May 5 2006, 02:34 AM
Post #8

Dragon

Me too. Having a proponent who's able to eat the lobbyists should do wonders for the environmentalist cause.

+Quote Post
Glyph
post May 5 2006, 02:59 AM
Post #9

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

I think the Great Dragons are too cartoonishly overpowered. Sure, they should be much tougher than a metahuman, and have magical and other abilities that outstrip them, but they should still not be able to go one on one with modern military vehicles such as attack choppers and jets, much less rain destruction on entire cities.

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post May 5 2006, 03:03 AM
Post #10

Dragon

That means that you would never be able to take one on. I think that's okay; it's kind of like the megacorporations. It's not like D&D, where they have rules for smiting gods.

+Quote Post
James McMurray
post May 5 2006, 03:05 AM
Post #11

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,957

I'm with FanGirl all the way. Give them a wide berth and acquiesce in a heartbeat if they pull you into their world.

+Quote Post
mfb
post May 5 2006, 03:06 AM
Post #12

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

QUOTE (Glyph)
I think the Great Dragons are too cartoonishly overpowered.

eh, i dunno. i have a hard time seeing such avaricious, magically-potent beings not having that kind of power, given the incredibly long time they've been around. i mean, plain ol' humans can amass a staggering amount of magical power in their relatively short lifespans; dragons outstrip them in that department by a factor of hundreds, if not thousands.

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post May 5 2006, 03:13 AM
Post #13

Bushido Cowgirl

From: On the Double K Ranch a half day's ride out of Phlogiston Flats
Member No.: 7,490

...Hate 'em Hate 'em Hate 'em....

Too many characters forced to "Retire" to the ranks of NPC because of them including three of my faves:

...the lovely news snoop Lana Lane [Hestaby]

...the baseball throwing bat wielding Tomoe [Hestaby & Lofweir]

...the cunning Sohei Randi "Desert" Rhodes [Hestaby]

Even little Leela had to watch her step [Rhonabwry]

+Quote Post
Fix-it
post May 5 2006, 03:13 AM
Post #14

Creating a god with his own hands

Member No.: 3,364

QUOTE (Glyph)
I think the Great Dragons are too cartoonishly overpowered. Sure, they should be much tougher than a metahuman, and have magical and other abilities that outstrip them, but they should still not be able to go one on one with modern military vehicles such as attack choppers and jets, much less rain destruction on entire cities.

Oh, I'm sure it's absolutely possible to take them down with force of combined arms.

it's just that you better get a good first strike in, because their return is gonna hurt.

+Quote Post
FanGirl
post May 5 2006, 03:18 AM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,438

QUOTE (Glyph @ May 4 2006, 09:59 PM)
I think the Great Dragons are too cartoonishly overpowered.  Sure, they should be much tougher than a metahuman, and have magical and other abilities that outstrip them, but they should still not be able to go one on one with modern military vehicles such as attack choppers and jets, much less rain destruction on entire cities.

Dude, don't tell them what they can and can't do! :eek:

Anyway, I'm not too worried about a Great Dragon roasting and eating me (and I probably should be, seeing as how I'm a young virgin maiden and all that). What I am very worried about is a Great Dragon taking steps to ensure that I have a fatal "accident."

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post May 5 2006, 03:18 AM
Post #16

Dragon

QUOTE (Fix-it)
Oh, I'm sure it's absolutely possible to take them down with force of combined arms.

Which is where your rigger facing a dragon that is inexplicably sitting in the open will come in handy.

There is no circumstance under which that should be possible. Any dragon that isn't 2 years old will have read all your minds from astral space with Crazy Dragon Magic™ while masked under god knows how many dice.

+Quote Post
eidolon
post May 5 2006, 03:33 AM
Post #17

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

I leave them out of my games as much as possible. Much like IEs.

Oh wait...that wasn't on the poll. :D

+Quote Post
James McMurray
post May 5 2006, 03:37 AM
Post #18

Great Dragon

Dragons are killable. Even Dunkhelzahn (kinda) died. Actually getting yourself into a position to get that shot, much less make it successful, is the hardest part. Trying to do that and still escape afterwards? Wel, that's what legends are made of.

+Quote Post
Platinum
post May 5 2006, 03:51 AM
Post #19

Running Target

Member No.: 1,115

QUOTE (mfb)
QUOTE (Glyph)
I think the Great Dragons are too cartoonishly overpowered.

eh, i dunno. i have a hard time seeing such avaricious, magically-potent beings not having that kind of power, given the incredibly long time they've been around. i mean, plain ol' humans can amass a staggering amount of magical power in their relatively short lifespans; dragons outstrip them in that department by a factor of hundreds, if not thousands.

I think SR2 powered them well. They were incredibly powerful, full of guile and cunning, but not the size of a 747. Their magic is to be feared, but at least a vehicular missle which would take out a 747 could take them down. Now, you might tarnish a scale or two.

+Quote Post
Platinum
post May 5 2006, 03:52 AM
Post #20

Running Target

Member No.: 1,115

QUOTE (James McMurray)
Dragons are killable. Even Dunkhelzahn (kinda) died. Actually getting yourself into a position to get that shot, much less make it successful, is the hardest part. Trying to do that and still escape afterwards? Wel, that's what legends are made of.

should that not read:

At least dragons are suicidable. Able to die if they invoke haneous magical power in order to sacrifice themselves.
?

+Quote Post
James McMurray
post May 5 2006, 03:55 AM
Post #21

Great Dragon

If they can die, they can be killed.

+Quote Post
caramel frappucc...
post May 5 2006, 04:43 AM
Post #22

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,870

Dragons are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

+Quote Post
mfb
post May 5 2006, 04:47 AM
Post #23

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

QUOTE (Platinum)
I think SR2 powered them well. They were incredibly powerful, full of guile and cunning, but not the size of a 747. Their magic is to be feared, but at least a vehicular missle which would take out a 747 could take them down. Now, you might tarnish a scale or two.

i'll agree that the base stats are overly impressive. what i might have done is given them stats only slightly higher than base, and magical abilities significantly higher than base. i'd have also noted that the named greats have even higher magical abilities.

+Quote Post
last_of_the_grea...
post May 5 2006, 04:57 AM
Post #24

Running Target

Member No.: 2,904

It depends entirely on their stats. Show me the official, definitive, canon as all hell stats of every dragon and great dragon and I shall tell you my opinion of him or her.

+Quote Post
James McMurray
post May 5 2006, 05:06 AM
Post #25

Great Dragon

I believe this was meant to be an in character thread, since it mentions "being on your side." Characters don't know stats.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:41 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.