Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [SprawlSG] Lifestyle Optional Rules
Adam
post Oct 12 2003, 12:32 AM
Post #1

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

Does anyone have any optional rules, additions, new edges and flaws, etc, that go along with the Lifestyle rules in Sprawl Survival Guide? I'm editing the Rural Lifestyles rules for The Shadowrun Supplemental and I've noticed a few things that I want to present options for, but if anyone has any additional stuff that would be great; may as well put as much Lifestyle related stuff as possible in the same issue.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Oct 12 2003, 12:34 AM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,302

If you're going for rural, a flaw just came to mind:

Them Damned Aliens (-0.20)

Cattle mutilations, drunks reportedly abducted, strange lights in the middle of the night. Sure, it's probably just a free blood spirit, no biggie. Then again, it could be little green men.

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Nov 14 2003, 01:50 AM
Post #3

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

The only alteration to the rules I made is that the costs for the Edges & Flaws have all been amplified ten-fold. As it stands, the costs are pointless; there's not enough to alter the price by more than a single point, and there's no point taking any Flaws unless the entirity of their cost reduces the total mod to a negative value. Taking five of the most expensive Edges (the max you can have) raises your cost by 0.95 points. And that includes major boons like Manaline and Astral Repellent. So unless you get -1.00 points of Flaws (which I don't think is even possible), there's no reason to take a Flaw except for fun.

With our house rule, chances are you're going to need to take Flaws to keep the Edges in check unless you want to pay a significant price hike.

Unless I've horribly misinterpretted the rules therein.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Nov 14 2003, 01:53 AM
Post #4

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

Edges and Flaws are multipliers in final cost. A 10,000 :nuyen: cost of living * 1.95 = 19,500 :nuyen: IIRC.

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Nov 14 2003, 01:56 AM
Post #5

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

Ah, in that case I have horribly misunderstood then. :) Thanks.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Nov 14 2003, 01:56 AM
Post #6

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

I did too, actually (when I first scanned the section and then I think Kosher Pickle corrected me).

+Quote Post
Cheese Emperor
post Nov 14 2003, 02:00 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,565

Yeah...Anyways, I have a few edges and flaws I made specifically for an NAN-based run I'm going to do in a week. I can post them if you think they'd be of interest.

+Quote Post
Namer18
post Nov 14 2003, 03:01 AM
Post #8

Target

Member No.: 3,809

Even though they are elsewhere a list of regional differences would be nice. :D
The area part relates to security in the area, but there is nothing about living in specific areas like near a border, or far away from a Lone Star office. Also, I wouldn't mind some stuff about commuting into Seattle from the Salish-Shidhe Council.

Namer18

+Quote Post
Pthgar
post Nov 14 2003, 04:45 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,642

I wanted the Haunted Mansion but I added the HIdden Passages edge.

+Quote Post
spotlite
post Dec 1 2003, 05:11 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,752

How about a temporary lifestyle flaw, something like 'under contsruction'?

The property (specifically Comforts) is one level cheaper because nearby apartments or other properties are having long term renovations. However, once the period is complete (which could be represented by different levels of the flaw) the property gains one of the neighbours flaws/edges - preferably a flaw since the first one was also a flaw and will now disappear.

Its rough, but maybe could be neatened up and be suitable.

Character edges:

the Connected edge could apply to lifestyle - the person knows a property developer/agent and always rents/buys/sells lifestyles at the best rate depending on the value of the edge. It has limited useage, but could come in handy if you have to move in a hurry. It could apply only to one aspect of lifestyles instead (comforts, space etc) to stop characters going into property development and making huge quantities of cash in a short period of time!

That's all I got for now. I'll have a think and see if I can come up with some original ones which work.

+Quote Post
GunnerJ
post Jan 5 2004, 10:37 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,634

Have a question: if a character buys a lifestyle permenantly it costs 100 times the final nuyen value by points. Now what if he wants to upgrade one area by one point, thus increasing the final point value by one and the nuyen cost? Does he have have to pay the difference in final nuyen values * 100 or can he pay the difference in monthy values per month just to keep the security upgraded? In other words, if you upgrade part of a permanant lifestyle, can you pay for that one part per month, while the rest stays permanent?

+Quote Post
Bulldrek
post Jan 17 2004, 03:59 AM
Post #12

Target

Member No.: 4,565

I was discussing some stuff with a few people the other day, and they mentioned some funny things. They pulled random flaws that were meant to be humorous- "f*cking fat" "Total f@g" etc... And I wondered if any one had an updated version of either the list that was floating around on the old forums, or some to add.

Just curious.

+Quote Post
Shockwave_IIc
post Jan 17 2004, 06:02 AM
Post #13

Shooting Target

Member No.: 5,499

QUOTE (GunnerJ)
Have a question: if a character buys a lifestyle permenantly it costs 100 times the final nuyen value by points. Now what if he wants to upgrade one area by one point, thus increasing the final point value by one and the nuyen cost? Does he have have to pay the difference in final nuyen values * 100 or can he pay the difference in monthy values per month just to keep the security upgraded? In other words, if you upgrade part of a permanant lifestyle, can you pay for that one part per month, while the rest stays permanent?

The way i read it either way.

If you pay the difference x100, then you permeantly brought the upgrade.

If you pay the difference by monthly, then you have it as long as you keep paying for it.

Works well with entertainment as well.

+Quote Post
spotlite
post Jan 22 2004, 06:00 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,752

I read it the same as shockwaveIIc, for what its worth!

+Quote Post
simonw2000
post Feb 11 2004, 10:55 AM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,491

Here's a magical package:

Manaline/Power Site in the Basement +0.30
Victory Gardens (Have to grow those herbs somewhere!) -0.20
Background Count (Last owner could have lost an arguement with something he summoned!) -0.30

+Quote Post
simonw2000
post Feb 12 2004, 10:05 AM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,491

What about Astral Magnet or Repellent?

+Quote Post
toturi
post Oct 12 2004, 02:24 AM
Post #17

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

If the Edges and Flaws of the Lifestyles are used, do we use the multiplier for calculating the costs of buying the lifestyle permenantly?

If I got Background Count and Victory Gardens and I want to buy a permanent High lifestyle do I pay only 500000:nuyen:?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:45 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.