> The Manapunk Project
eralston
post May 15 2006, 06:38 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,917

Manapunk = fantasy + cyberpunk

The Manapunk Project is an attempt to create an online role-playing experience (MMORPG) seeking to emulate qualities of Shadowrun while still hoping to innovate the shallow genre called "Manapunk". It is currently in the design phase, but we fully intend to follow through to an actual product (maybe even for profit).

This project originated on these boards, but has since migrated to

http://manapunk.shadowgames.us/forums/index.php

Anyone reading these forums is welcome to take a look at our progress OR do one better and help us by contacting me: erik.ralston@gmail.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattness pl
post Jun 4 2006, 10:26 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,342

Sorry I didn't answer earlier. RL problems.

1 - good idea.
I told anybody I knew about you're project.

2 - Create vision doc, scetchboard, some screens (how will game look like) - it's called mock-up AFAIK.

- to admin of manapunk forum - registration is NAVIGATIONAL BARRIER.

QUIT IT!
Allow guests (I'm too lazy to register) to post on you're forum.

-----
You need graphics, concept artists etc.

Check here: http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/viewtop...pic.php?t=12650 . Try to contact volunteers.

- Go to Devian Art. Speak to cyberpunk fans.
- Spread word on various forums (and NMA... Part of dumpshockers are active there. SR has many allies in Fallout community).

Add you're email to your signature.

Promote ONE Site (eralston - yesterday you promoted videos, today game, what will be tomorrow? :) ).
Give some attractive s*** (graphics, videos) on that one site.

And last but not least - Be patient. Be stubborn.

PS. about engine - check Torque.

Try to speak with two germans who made RESTRICTED AREA (YES! Just 2 people made pretty good game!!!).
They made cyberpunk Diablo with bioware and cyberware straight from Shadowrun (exactly same names).
Ask them, how to do that.
And, maybe, just maybe, they will be interested in making cyberunk cRPG - why you don't try and invite them?

This post has been edited by mattness pl: Jun 4 2006, 10:32 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:19 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.