Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Might have missed it
Deadmoon
post May 16 2006, 04:15 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,560

This was probably posted somewhere but I had trouble finding it. I like most gamers like my Guns and High Tech gear for my characters, as do the people in my gaming group. I saw some books for SR3 that had gear in them, can'tr remember the titles off the top of my head. Are these books compatable with SR4 or should I just wait for new SR4 books to be printed ?

Thanks in advance for the input

Dead
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aaron
post May 16 2006, 05:06 AM
Post #2

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,314

You mean, like the Cannon Companion and Man and Machine, and maybe Rigger 3 Revised?

They're SR3, and I don't see why they couldn't be converted. Of course, the conversions wouldn't be canon (no pun intended), but it should work for your game, if everyone is happy with the conversions.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post May 16 2006, 05:25 AM
Post #3

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

I wouldn't advise buying them for SR4, much of the gear is in the Core Book, and Rigger 3 is a nightmare. Also, Matrix will be all but useless (Target: Matrix might not be). However, since much of the gear is in the Core, converting is rather easy. If your friends happen to own or find a stack of SR3 books, then that's another story. The biggest short-comings are in magic (adept powers and spirit types, most notably) and vehicle rules (like pop up turrets and concealed armor).

+Quote Post
mfb
post May 16 2006, 06:11 AM
Post #4

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

any converting you do would largely be a matter of looking at a particular piece of gear and making up SR4 stats for it.

+Quote Post
Shrike30
post May 16 2006, 05:04 PM
Post #5

Runner

Member No.: 98

My advice, unless you really just want a huge glut of some particular type of gear *now*, would be to wait the (couple of months - end of the year) until the SR4 book for it comes out.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2024 - 01:42 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.