Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stevebugge
post May 23 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #52

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,996

QUOTE (emo samurai @ May 23 2006, 10:51 AM)

I also have to realize that many people's criticisms aren't really centered around logic; I guess I'll have to deal with that by being above their concerns about penis size.

Amusing use of the "If you don't agree with X you must be completely unrelated Y" rhetoric fallacy, nice.

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post May 23 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #53

Dragon

Member No.: 8,019

No, I just have to sort out the wheat from the chaff. I'll still respond to 80% of responses. Just to clear things up.

+Quote Post
stevebugge
post May 23 2006, 07:08 PM
Post #54

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 7,996

I'll have to fix that, I was specifically refering to the argument structure of the last statement. I had a professor repeatedly call me on it my freshman year in college.

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post May 23 2006, 07:10 PM
Post #55

Dragon

I get that; I was more referring to the fact that I can't convince some people with logic and they are just devoted to stalking me throughout my "whacked out ideas" threads.

You know, like Dranem.

+Quote Post
Platinum
post May 23 2006, 07:24 PM
Post #56

Running Target

Member No.: 1,115

QUOTE (emo samurai)
Oooh, nerve cluster.

No nerves, just trying to find a way to stop the "verbal diarrhea" that continually flows out of your brain.

really ... just shut up.

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post May 23 2006, 07:25 PM
Post #57

Dragon

Nice job on the maturity.

+Quote Post
PenAgain
post May 23 2006, 07:35 PM
Post #58

Target

Member No.: 3,684

How many threads are currently in existence on Dumpshock with the sole purpose of dealing with Emo in some capacity?

I can't hate him. I don't ever post (well, hardly ever) because I care far more about testing the water than taking a swim. Emo makes the water... different. Very different than it was before he got here.

Ten times a day I have to log off because what I just read strikes a negative nerve. 8 times out of those 10, it's from Emo. That's... I don't know. His right, I suppose.

Just as it's my right to go find someplace else to talk ShadowRun where people can get along and self-aggrandizement can take a back seat to legitimate dialogue.

I wanted to say *something* before taking my leave this time, even if what I say has no effect on anything.

I was happier before the fighting. Of course, in one way or another there is NO *before the fighting*-- Emo is the newest iteration of the endless parade of DumpShock BadGuys.

Maybe the internet requires BadGuys to make these discussion forums function. It's a shame, however, that the BadGuys don't bring out the GoodGuys. They just bring out the AmbivalentGuys, the ApatheticGuys, and the CynicalGuys.

Am I a GoodGuy? Hardly. But I can accept that it takes the collective weight of the world's idiots to keep the world spinning on its axis.

I think it would be cool if the GoodGuys (I know you're out there- I've seen you) would rise to the challenge of countering junkthreads with quality threads... and maybe draw the aforementioned Ambivalent/Apathetic/CynicalGuys (and girls) into something more conducive to improving our mutual understanding of ShadowRun, and less conducive to finding out how many ways you can yell at one another before being booted or banned.

I'll get off my undeserved high horse now, before I say anything *else* to make me into a BadGuy.

--PenAgain

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post May 23 2006, 07:35 PM
Post #59

Old Man Jones

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,699

Dude, what was said about rising to the bait?

The more you post, emo, the more you do, in fact, sound like "Mike".

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post May 23 2006, 07:39 PM
Post #60

Dragon

Dude, I'm sorry if it really hurts something you love to read my threads, but I never really pre-emptively attack anyone. It's always "Emo, your idea's not canon. Emo, I hate you. Emo rush kekekekeke." Even the e-mail was sent only after months of dealing with Critias and Dranem. My threads cause chaos because people go there to burn them down more than they go to actually discuss anyone on them.

In other words, DON'T LEAVE WE NEED PEOPLE WHO CARE PLZPLZPLZPLZ!! :.(... (Emo tears)

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post May 23 2006, 07:41 PM
Post #61

Old Man Jones

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,699

QUOTE (emo samurai)
My threads cause chaos because people go there to burn them down more than they do to actually discuss anyone on them.

There's a reason for this.

And it's really not due to the other posters.

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post May 23 2006, 07:44 PM
Post #62

Dragon

I'm sure my posts about power armor are VERY offensive.

+Quote Post
HMHVV Hunter
post May 23 2006, 07:47 PM
Post #63

Running Target

Member No.: 2,840

Which makes me wonder - what the HELL made you POSSIBLY think R.K. Milholland was Critias or Dranem?!

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post May 23 2006, 07:49 PM
Post #64

Dragon

I didn't truly think that. I made a conspiracy joke about how Randy, the most self-describedly curmudgeonly Shadowrun player I know about, being a poster here would account for some of the anal retentiveness around Dumpshock. I don't even dislike him in the least; the fact I check in on his comic daily is a testament to that. Then I e-mailed him on a whim, because g-mail is really easy to access. I saw no harm in doing so, and really, when you think about it rationally, there still isn't any real harm.

+Quote Post
HMHVV Hunter
post May 23 2006, 07:51 PM
Post #65

Running Target

So you can't fathom why your e-mail to someone you don't even know personally, accusing him of being two people he likely doesn't even know, was so poorly received?

:please:

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post May 23 2006, 07:51 PM
Post #66

Dragon

It was a joke... I still think it's funny.

+Quote Post
HMHVV Hunter
post May 23 2006, 07:53 PM
Post #67

Running Target

Would you take it as a joke if the same thing happened to you? Someone you don't even know accusing you of being someone on a board you've probably never visited?

Personally I'd think it'd be weird as hell. About the equivalent of a prank call.

+Quote Post
Platinum
post May 23 2006, 07:53 PM
Post #68

Running Target

Member No.: 1,115

I think this is some kind of mental mastubation for Emo. He seems to feed off it because he thinks that are a pretty much powerless to stop him. He feels invulnerable, and that it is his right to aggitate and annoy people, because he thinks there are no reprocussions. Maybe in this scenario and maybe not, but hopefully, someone with the ability to deal with him, will either explain to him that his behaviour is not acceptable, or just stop him from posting. I have tried to not berrate him because I feel that his personality is not really strong enough to handle it, and he will eventually commit suicide as the places he visits slowly shun him in turn. A quick search will show a pattern and give strong clues as to why he acts like he does. I have moved from irritation to pity for that sad sad soul.

+Quote Post
John Campbell
post May 23 2006, 07:54 PM
Post #69

Running Target

Member No.: 3,581

Hey, I have an idea! How about everybody stop feeding the attention whore (or being the attention whore, as the case may be) and talk about Shadowrun?

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post May 23 2006, 07:54 PM
Post #70

Dragon

I'm touched. And I didn't even make a separate thread for this subject; it just happened.

+Quote Post
HMHVV Hunter
post May 23 2006, 07:55 PM
Post #71

Running Target

Personally I can't wait to see the comic Milholland does about this whole thing. Inside jokes are always funnier when you're in on it, so I'm anxious to see what he does with this.

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post May 23 2006, 07:56 PM
Post #72

Dragon

ME TOO!!!

And about my awesome idea threads, you could just ignore them or post seriously about them. I would definitely respond in kind if you did. Just trying to get this alien, alien concept out there.

Plus, e-mailing him was the only way to have any chance of knowing for sure.

+Quote Post
Daddy's Litt...
post May 23 2006, 08:20 PM
Post #73

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,668

Who is he? what did he write? Why would I want to bother him?

+Quote Post
HMHVV Hunter
post May 23 2006, 08:38 PM
Post #74

Running Target

R.K. Milholland is the creator of the webcomic "Something Positive" (a very funny comic).

As for why emo wanted to bother him...I have no idea.

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post May 23 2006, 08:45 PM
Post #75

Dragon

I did it mostly because I wanted to know for sure whether or not he posted here, and the other 20% of the reason was because I was feeling silly.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:02 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.