Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which book for SR3 NPC stats?, quick question
Mooglez.
post May 25 2006, 03:43 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,603

I've been into sr3 for awhile but ive never found a book with lots of general stats geared to SR3. i hope one exists as I find sr2 npc's generally underpowered. NPC's i mean are corp security, mages, lone star officers, stuff like that.
Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Platinum
post May 25 2006, 04:20 AM
Post #2

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,115

Make sure that you add your professional and threat rating to all dice rolls. it tends to punch them up a bit.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post May 25 2006, 04:51 AM
Post #3

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

There aren't a lot with specific stats for NPC's out there. Target:Matrix has info on a lot of deckers. The Brainscan adventure has good stats for a few folks like Dodger, Ronin, some Red Samurai. The Corporate Punishment adventure module has some great stats for Tir Ghosts and MTC's Unit 13. Most times, stats are only llisted in relation to the PC's stats. As in "superior should be 2-3 ranks higher on main skills in realtion to the PC's " or something to that effect.

+Quote Post
eidolon
post May 25 2006, 06:26 AM
Post #4

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

Mr. Johnson's Little Black Book has several NPCs, broken down by category, all easily scaled by adding a few points here and there.

Remember that it's perfectly okay to only worry about the two or three skills that matter for that NPC. For example, your runners are going to have to fight their way past five mook guards? Give the guards SMG: 4, Athletics: 3. Need a quick fixer? If he's good, give him Negotiation 6 (or whatever numbers are appropriate for your game).

It doesn't matter if "guard 3" has Elven Wines 4, you're not likely to be asking what wine goes with 9mm.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:26 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.