IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Slow Book Availability, Why is 4E so hard to get?
mdynna
post May 25 2006, 08:39 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,145

First off here's my caveat: maybe it's just me, living way up in the barren wastelands of Canada.

Has anyone else noticed how difficult it is to get SR4 books? It was months after the release of the core book before I finally saw it on retail shelves in my town. I still haven't seen a printed copy of On the Run (glad I bought the PDF now). I don't remember having to wait this long for SR3 books to come out.

Now it just could be a "watched pot never boils" thing for me, as I wasn't anticipating the SR3 books as much. However, it seems the SR4 books are coming out slower. Are they taking longer to print? Is there a different distribution channel? What's the deal?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cang
post May 25 2006, 08:42 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,077

well i think everything comes out slower since wizkids got a hold of shadowrun... but then i could be just me imagining things. I know the novels got put on hold for a while.

+Quote Post
Thanee
post May 25 2006, 08:44 PM
Post #3

jacked in

Group: Admin
Member No.: 463

Hmm... no, can't really say that. The books are on the shelves pretty much normally here.

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
stevebugge
post May 25 2006, 09:04 PM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 7,996

In my experience the delays and waits have been about the same, though I think the demand for the new product has been a bit higher. I was at my local game store (Gary's Games in Seattle) yesterday and there was one copy each of On the Run and the BBB in stock. I remember long waits for both SOTA Books, System Failure, MJLBB, and Shadows of Asia too. I think I noticed the long lag between the SR4 BBB Pdf and Print copy more though just because it was the core book rather than an expansion or fluff book.

+Quote Post
mdynna
post May 25 2006, 09:47 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,145

QUOTE (Cang)
well i think everything comes out slower since wizkids got a hold of shadowrun... but then i could be just me imagining things. I know the novels got put on hold for a while.
I don't remember having trouble getting any of the SR3 WizKids books, like Year of the Comet or the SOTA's.

I'm thinking the demand is a little higher now, plus I live in a smaller (200k people) city way up in Canada. Still, it is annoying...

+Quote Post
Adam
post May 25 2006, 09:52 PM
Post #6

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

WizKids has nothing to do with the production/distribution of the game books, and FanPro has nothing to do with the production/distribution of the novels. There may be slowness problems with either or both, but they aren't stemming from the same source.

Game book distribution to Canada is often a week or so behind the USA, simply due to the shipping/customs issues.

+Quote Post
Jaid
post May 26 2006, 03:30 AM
Post #7

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

have you tried asking the people at the store if they have them ordered in?

just before SR4 came out, i was considering getting into SR3 (on account of i didn't know SR4 was coming out yet... glad i ended up waiting)...

when i went to the FLGS, there was nothing shadowrun whatsoever... when i asked, he busted out this large ordering catalogue and said he could order some in, and i ended up waiting (and fortunately didn't blow large amounts of money on SR3 when i am now using SR4).

but anyways, it may just be a situation of your FLGS not having the book in question ordered until someone asks for it specifically.

+Quote Post
NightHaunter
post May 26 2006, 02:00 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,408

In the UK, Plymouth at least, there has been no prob with timing of print releases.
I work in a gaming shop and our suppliers have had the books when the official web site says they should.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post May 26 2006, 02:17 PM
Post #9

Dragon

Member No.: 3,263

QUOTE (mdynna)
QUOTE (Cang)
I don't remember having trouble getting any of the SR3 WizKids books, like Year of the Comet or the SOTA's.

I'm thinking the demand is a little higher now, plus I live in a smaller (200k people) city way up in Canada. Still, it is annoying...

Good gravy, you live in Regina. You should be happy if you have running water...that doesn't smell like buffalo urine. ;)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:16 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.