IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shadowrun Visual Reference Guide, SRVRG, kinda catchy...
ChuckRozool
post Jun 1 2006, 06:33 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,706

Assuming this idea hasn't already been done on another site, i think it would be pretty sweet to have a visual reference guide for SR.

I've been thinking of this for a while, ever since I read Rigger 3... When I read Rigger 3, I was upset that there weren't any vehicle illustrations. I though it would be cool to get some concept artist to illustrate Rigger 3.

Now we have a thread from someone wanting to know what a PSec looks like. Sounds like the perfect time to start this project.

So this is what I'm thinking...
As per Squinky's thread, post any piece of gear you've been wondering about. I ( along with any other artists who want to participate) will come up with the best representation of said gear, based on the descrition given in the book. This does not include Rigger 3, that book deserves it own project.

Gear WIP:
Fingertip Compartment (SR3 p.301)
Commlink (SR4 p.317-18)

Completed Gear:
Monofilament Whip (SR3 p.275)
Pocket Secretary (SR3 p.287-88)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ArchXL
post Jun 1 2006, 07:39 AM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 6,179

monowhip + finger compartment.

+Quote Post
ChuckRozool
post Jun 1 2006, 08:12 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

It starts...

OK, we're on our way. I figured I'd start the list with the item that kick started the project.

Also I was thinking, anyone who decides to illustrate could PM me with the link to the drawing. I would suggest Imageshack as the image hosting site. This way, no matter what happens to your personal site or whatever, the image will still be available for viewing. If you do go with Imageshack, I would suggest the "Direct link to image" url.

The "Completed Gear" list will be divided into the corresponding sections (i.e., personal weapons, firearms, personal electronics,...)

It goes with out saying, but i'll say it anyway, that artists who contribute to the project will get credit. I'll figure out the format when the fist piece arrives.

+Quote Post
FanGirl
post Jun 1 2006, 08:20 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,438

I want to see a picture of an SR4 commlink. I imagine that at least one or two models might look something like iPods, but I just want to know for sure.

+Quote Post
Witness
post Jun 1 2006, 09:12 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,319

There is a picture of a commlink in SR4 p318. But only one, so I guess it would be nice to see some other types and designs.

+Quote Post
ChuckRozool
post Jun 1 2006, 09:19 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

I belive that the picture on the top left of SR4 p.318, is an example of a commlink. I'll add it to the list for anyone who wants to draw a different model.

Edit - Doh! Beat me to it...

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jun 1 2006, 01:19 PM
Post #7

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,675

The Monofilament whip looks like a light saber with string. I like it.

+Quote Post
Squinky
post Jun 2 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 7,377

QUOTE (Witness)
There is a picture of a commlink in SR4 p318. But only one, so I guess it would be nice to see some other types and designs.

Good idea for a thread.

Regarding commlinks, they are everywhere. Just look at the characters belts in a lot of the pictures and you will see them.

pg. 87 (guy throwing card has one)
Pg. 90 (Combat Mage,perhaps the best example, its on his belt also.)
pg.96 (Hacker, he is holding one.)
pg. 102 (Street Shaman, I belive that is a commlink on her arm)
pg. 207 (Dwarf has a different looking one on his belt. )

there are more, I think.

At least thats how I have been drawing them for shadowrun missions stuff . :cyber:

+Quote Post
Drraagh
post Jun 3 2006, 10:40 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,631

I found this online when I was looking for some images for what my different lines of pocsecs would look like and figured it might be something interesting for here.

+Quote Post
ChuckRozool
post Jun 3 2006, 02:09 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

I was wathcing Cowboy Bebop and saw a great example of a PSec. I'll Try and recreate it and post later.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:10 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.