IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Would you like Me to write Africa Shadowrun serial, serialized Shadowrun tale set in Africa
boskop-albatros
post Jun 12 2006, 08:29 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,827

Will keep this one quick-if any one would like someone to write an African shadowrun story on dumpshock I'll do it. I Will only do it if a good amount of people want it; I will check back soon and if the responces are good I will get to one right away (With some slight research to get ready for it)

Thank you :grinbig:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GB1
post Jun 12 2006, 08:36 AM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 8,637

I'd read it, for sure.

+Quote Post
Witness
post Jun 12 2006, 09:17 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,319

Definitely interested. That continent is a big blank hole in my SR world knowledge.

+Quote Post
boskop-albatros
post Jun 12 2006, 09:39 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Ok here goes....(tell me if you like it)

Feb 28 2071 Aprox Time 3:42 AM

Dan was at the moment reclining as comfortably as he could in his couch class Suborbital flight out of DeeCee. The Alco-Soy was kicking in nicely and he was starting to doze off. That and the special anti-blood clot feature on his Bio-Speen (and it would adjust for the Soy-Booze, or any booze for that matter) would prevent any thrombosis. He needed someway to get his mind off his younger Colleage; Sa-ahsh she was a Sinless Troll Sorcery Adept from somewhere in the Appalacians- looked more or less all Caucasian to Dan (He himself was Hawaiian and Human)-he didn't ask talk to her about racial issues much though because many non-indian radicals had taken to the hills with the rumours that (UCAS AND CAS) there were Mixed Blood and Even Full blood renagades running around too......
She was just a kid still and he worried about her thats all, he was 31 was was 17 and for a mainstream Troll that is when they start thinking about getti9ng married and settling down, but not her--she was a fast spell hand on the street and he thought that was the one to "tap" her up to his level......tap...damm maybe those radical kid USAONIANS he ran with were right....he had sold out, had become Haole-like it wasn't a race thing but a mental disorder-same as like "waitishu" to them as well, he was thinking tap like some Skull-Fraging Yalie.......Well never mind that he tought as he finally started to dift off to sleep-He'd never been to Africa before he thought-Brazzaville of the Republique du Congo...not as bad as some (Thank God....Allah....Great Spirit or Whatever) but not as good as others...
well Sa-ahsh will be ok......Crust Cleaner the Dwarf Fixer would meet then with a team in Brazzaville

Wait he remembered.........I'VE Been to Africa Before...........

Dan Bolted Up....Yes He Remembered Togo

HE remembered the Burning, And the Death.....

+Quote Post
UndeadPoet
post Jun 12 2006, 10:11 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,448

QUOTE (boskop-albatros @ Jun 12 2006, 04:39 AM)
HE remembered the Burning, And the Death.....

Oh come on, I really want to read it, but this makes me want to leave the comp and go outside getting another sunburn. Damn, that's what I was up to, anyway. Keep on writing.

Expecting more,

Poet

+Quote Post
Nidhogg
post Jun 12 2006, 10:24 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,934

I think you need to purge suspension points from your vocabulary. Purge them with fire.

+Quote Post
UndeadPoet
post Jun 12 2006, 10:26 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

A fire ball, at least. Ask emo samurai if he can cast a force 800 fireball for you.

By the way, how is anyone without a SIN sitting in a suborbital flight? To make it worse, it is a freakin' troll and a freakin' sorcery adept! Wouldn't such a person just be checked until the truth of her illegal existence came obvious?

+Quote Post
Cang
post Jun 12 2006, 12:41 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,077

I cant wait to read the rest... hehe, Africa always got my attention in shadowrun. Ghoul nation and all. :cyber:

+Quote Post
TBRMInsanity
post Jun 12 2006, 01:30 PM
Post #9

Running Target

Member No.: 8,494

I've done a couple of runs in and out of the Zulu lands (the Rhwyanbwy connection). would like to see more African missions though. It has become the forgotten continent in SR.

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Jun 12 2006, 02:02 PM
Post #10

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,760

So far it's not bad, but I would highly recommend using spellcheck. You make some elementary errors which break the flow of the narrative ("he was 31 was was 17 and for a mainstream Troll that is when they start thinking about getti9ng married and settling down")

+Quote Post
boskop-albatros
post Jun 12 2006, 07:17 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

In a way Sa-ahsh was thrilled to be on her first Sub-Orbital Flight, and in a way scared to. The Ork Hacker Anorexic Tony (An under wieght bi-sexual human posser) and Crust Cleaner had Worked up Her First Fake SIN-which thrilled her. Of Course she worried about it getting spotted as a fake SIN and her magic made it a be more difficult for her to be low profile...but Ano-Tony and Crust Cleaner said that it almost made it better for her, it added character to her SIN that along with her age no would suspect. The one downer at the moment was that since she was an aspected magican she had to sit in the magic section of couch, (and that bothered her too....Crust Cleaner "But first class is too Obvious!" ok...Pinchy Dwarf) so she had to contend with an Air Marshal Mage that was observing her and all the other magically active passangers first (and then everyone else of course) from his/her Bio-Sphere box somewhere on the Sub-Orbital-couple that with her being a Troll(yes her seat cost extra...) she stuck out just Alittle (The bio-Sphere box was so that the mage wouldn't go absoutly bonkers if they had Astrally project...sometimes it was a good thing she couldn't do that)

Well anyways her cover story was that she was on a Magic study program in Africa-good thing Brazzaville had some sembalance of government.(others didn't, like what usta be the sudan or chad...and the Ghoul nation wasn't on most normal people's travel plans)

In all she was currently doing good for a Troll Girl from the Hills.
She Wondered how Dan was doing

Not too bad for a Troll Girl from the hills

+Quote Post
UndeadPoet
post Jun 12 2006, 07:32 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Nice to see you pay attention to the critics. :)

Interesting introduction. It makes one eager to here about the further evolvement of the events.

+Quote Post
boskop-albatros
post Jun 13 2006, 06:17 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

He could remember now...The Fire
It was 5 years ago, 2067

Q Q the elf poseur Sammy was running out of the Lab. All he was screaming was

"FIRE ELEMENTAL! FIRE ELEMENT-----AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

At that moment Q Q's skin for all intents and purposes-LIQUIFIED, within seconds he was totally incinerated. Dan screamed to Arkandy a Russian Elf mage. "Can you take out that Fraging Thing! It just Skagged Q Q!"

I'll Try was all he said
Just at that moment Arkandy began to chant in what sounded like some ancient Russian Dialect with his hands pressed together, as he chanted the Elemental began to focus it's attention on Arkandy and ignore Dan.
"go inside and look for the others!" Arkany muttered gutterally to Dan

Dan opened a bag and put on an aspestose coat that he had never actually needed untill now. The fire Elemental was quickly plodding
twords Arkandy but was momentarally distracted by Dan. Dan Dashed though a shower of flame and then ran down what was now a quickly Burning hall. Looking back the Elemental was moving, but slower now to confront Arkandy. Dan Hoped that the Elf would what ever it is that mages can do to take the Elemental out but at this momnet he had to see if the rest of his team was alive

Why in the Hell had he taken a job in Africa of all places and Togo to boot? All the old timers back in the states had told him that Taking an African Run was Allmost AS BAD as an Antarctican Run; hell don't take an Antarctic run(Or Space) was almost a 4th rule after never deal with a dragon. Thinking of Dragons anyway, if he was going to do an African run why in the Frag did it have to be Togo. The damm place was Basicly A Sader-Krupp Corp Colony....Damm Dragons..

As he Ran down the hall of the Renraku lab (They were hired to pinch some new Renraku computer Tech or something like that) all dan could see was incinerated corp guards lying around; his secure transmitter would lead him to Crys, his teams' ork Phys-Ad and Ned their dwarf Hacker/decker. The transmitter was leading him to a squestered lab on the second sub-level. Dan Qiuckly called his Combat Fixer Crust Cleaner

"Crust!!" "Yes!!!" "It Is All Fra-." "Fragged! Yes I know! we are all Taking Fire in the Chopper!!" "We need a pickup Pronto!!!! QQ just got burnt to a crisp by some Fraggin' fire Thingy--A BIG ONE!!!!!" "Ok dan we are in route already"

As the conversation finished dan turned the corner to the lab. On the floor was ned with his eyes all the way roled up in his head and Crys was Crawling on the floor with a slight trait of blood behind her. In the other direction from the way was was crawling was another ork. A black African Ork whose eyes were glowing and who was floating in the air.

It was going to be a Long flight to Brazzaville Dan Thought.

+Quote Post
UndeadPoet
post Jun 13 2006, 09:43 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

This story could indeed be from emo samurai.

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Jun 13 2006, 03:12 PM
Post #15

Emo has better grammar.

Plus I haven't seen any robots, bug spirits, puppies, drop bears or other assorted over-the-top nasties generally restricted to anime and superhero comics.

+Quote Post
UndeadPoet
post Jun 13 2006, 03:32 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

Yeah, but you have to catch the essence. Emo has more inspiration from watching Naruto&co., I suppose, but still, it comes down to a noticeable similarity.

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Jun 13 2006, 06:31 PM
Post #17

*shrug* I have to respectfully disagree :)

My only comment at this point would still be about style - I'd prefer one larger data dump (look at Wounded Ronin's size, for instance), and I'd like it spell checked and, most importantly, read twice. But aside from that, I'd encourage you to continue producing. I haven't done any research into Africa in Shadowrun, and I"m curious what you'll come up with.

+Quote Post
boskop-albatros
post Jun 14 2006, 08:24 AM
Post #18

Moving Target

sorry I'm not updating yet-I've been getting over a hangover today and it is 3:10 AM in the morning.

But I will finish up the sub-orbital flight tomorrow in one big chunk as soon as I can

Thank you :)

+Quote Post
boskop-albatros
post Jun 20 2006, 06:12 AM
Post #19

Moving Target

Back.........sorry for the wait..

Gonna speed it up in a way

{We join crust cleaner (you finally get to meet him) With some local tallent in Brazzaville}

Brazzaville

FEB 28 2071 about 6:00 am in the morning

Crust cleaner & Fully, Gustavia, Bud, RIDE-ME

It was just breaking morring In Brazzaville--the Security Greadient can CHANGE.....lets be kind; quickly in Brazzaville

one sec grade z mercs chugging along armed to the Gills-SOP in some parts around here

And they run into some; I'd don't know some AAA*CORP* Resource Extracter Teams: and god help you the zone WILL. BE. A.

ok

Two dwarves are moving down the street in the front
Crust Cleaner"I've got a blip shit."
so you still say shit? Yeah RIDE-ME, Stop being Over Handy Capable
RIDE-ME was a drarven Vehicle OP (Rigger ok) from The Union Of the Maghreb. Stuck in a cyber-chair since getting blown up in some Operation in some Conlict Back up in North Africa

Crust Cleaner was an Anglo-African From Zim..Yeah he was kinda nuts too
CC-Corps quiet!..RD ok sensors up, CC-OH nah good just an other team on the move...just still now

Ride-Me's counter-mesure field would block..most techno servalence

curouching up agianst a wall-Crust Cleaner "They're passing" Ride-ME "Yeah I know". "lets Get Bud and Gustavia up on the coms"

Bud human merc Conjuring Adept from Iowa~Gustavia A local Elf girl Snake Adept.

Bud-"Got watchers flying" Gustavia-"covering the rear"

To be Cont....

+Quote Post
Dranem
post Jun 20 2006, 09:04 AM
Post #20

Running Target

Member No.: 7,975

Outside of bad grammar and various typos, I find it really hard to read as the text could be a little more descriptive... but I think that's just me...

One thing that is nagging on my mind thoug is.
the special anti-blood clot feature
How does this affect the effects of Alcohol? Is it cause you're running on the concept that it effectively replaces the water content of the blood? While blood thinners are good for someone with high blood pressure, I don't think it'll help much....

+Quote Post
boskop-albatros
post Jun 21 2006, 03:01 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

long flights can give a person blood clots

of course I minght be wrong about the need for it....it is a sub-orbital (quicker flight)

+Quote Post
Bullet Raven
post Jun 21 2006, 11:46 AM
Post #22

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,362

QUOTE (Nidhogg)
I think you need to purge suspension points from your vocabulary. Purge them with fire.

elipsis tastic!

+Quote Post
boskop-albatros
post Aug 7 2006, 07:20 AM
Post #23

Moving Target

**back**

crust cleaner: ok cross link coms~~Fully--the Troll Technomancer from Ghana__messaged in from the chopper. "Your all clear from the backside; I know about you getting worried about getting followed from NiewTown" ahh yes NiewTown awayn from the river where the corps had supported a government that had control of just the greater brazzaville area during the "Really" lean years...(years that were At Least as bad as the NAN forming).....Old'BRAZZAVILLEm was preaty much devastated byond recognition...the ports were accessed by govenment protected Roads_WHICH MADE WHAT YOU COULD CALL A LARGE PART OF INCOME FROM SAID ROAD'S PROTECTION_....so these were deffinate no go zones REPUBLIQUE GOVERNEMENT dudes would brutally kill you; so there were the blasted zones away from the Roads first you had to break in then you had to break you but everyone did it..

so if you ran into well Anyone else Bloody hell could break lose

+Quote Post
boskop-albatros
post Sep 5 2006, 04:29 AM
Post #24

Moving Target

Back :D :D :D :D

at the meet point

Ano-tony was in matrix on the wi-fi..He could feel....but not see the matrix signature; they were go and they were out there lookinh for them. Crust-Clearer didn't tell him much about the mission accept "this is going to be, let me say it;A TRIAL leave it at that"--he was sleezed/cloked good enough maybe~~and physically too, in the wall of an abandoned building. He contacted Crust and his other new "Crew Members" quickly all in com. "Crust I feel them" "I kinda too tony"--Crust "EVERYone...hold..."

And now their awaymen move into possision behind Ano-Tony's Abandoned Building

D-way a Ghoul sam and Andres a local Human street Sam

D-way "finally it was taking too long"

Andres "so are you Hungry?"

D-way "Shut UP!!"

Andres "sorry---but you are a Ghoul"

D-way "Yes...Freshee"--~Crust Cleaner"Are you ready?!?" Both "Yes"
"ok everyone"-- :talker:

+Quote Post
boskop-albatros
post Sep 10 2006, 08:08 AM
Post #25

Moving Target

Feb 28 6:10 in the morning

Fully landed the chopper; it was silent becuase it was special tech on special one
time lend.

CrustCleaner- commed to everyone a simple "OK" they all were tense and silent becuase they knew his ass was already a bit in hock on this job already. But they were dealing with it alright so far.

Then they all heard Bud and Gustavia say "astral adapt sniper--silencer; they just fired on our watchers over that other busted-up wall just past the rise

CC: ok they're hooked-- reel them in

Bud grew up in a national gaurd family so he was trianed how to switch watchers over to combat and had the watchers just wash mana value over one sniper--his internal organs were Horribly brusied; but damm Bud thought, he could oncedently feel there wasn't enough soft mass. This guy was a frigging cyber-zombi or something.

{WILL Return tomorrow--reply if you can; thank you :rotate: }

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:56 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.