Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ghouls and Aging
phasmaphobic
post Jun 13 2006, 09:43 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,070

Does the Krieger HMHVV affect the aging process at all? Anyone know?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Jun 14 2006, 03:51 AM
Post #2

Ain Soph Aur

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 600

Well, Immunity(Aging) is not listed, so we know that much. Aside from that, I don't recall reading anything one way or another, so as GM I guess you can have it however you like.

+Quote Post
noname_hero
post Jun 14 2006, 07:46 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 2,030

Well, Immunity(Age) is not listed, so my answer would be "Yes, ghould do age at normal speed." The question immediately recalled the image of ghouls from Fallout games, but no, I'm not willing to make the *huge* population of ghouls of the shadowrun world immune to aging.

Just imagine the result: "These hideous monsters slay us and eat our flesh to buy themselves *immortality*?!? Kill them all!!!!"

+Quote Post
phasmaphobic
post Jun 14 2006, 09:18 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

I can clearly see that ghouls do not have Immunity to Aging. My question has nothing to do with powers or weakesses, but with basic physiology. Orks have considerably shorter life spans, for example, but I highly doubt that would ever apear in a stat block of powers and weaknesses.

My question is this: does the virus affect the aging process at all? Meaning: Do ghouls age faster, age slower, age the same, etc. My question is not: do ghouls get Immunity to Age as a special power.

+Quote Post
Squinky
post Jun 14 2006, 09:37 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 7,377

You would think they would die younger, because of living conditions.

+Quote Post
Shrapnel
post Jun 15 2006, 12:54 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,852

QUOTE (Squinky @ Jun 14 2006, 04:37 PM)
You would think they would die younger, because of living conditions.

Yeah, high velocity lead does have a tendency to lower one's lifespan... :dead:

:biggrin:

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Jun 15 2006, 01:03 AM
Post #7

Beetle Eater

Member No.: 2,826

In the NAG2NA's Chicago section - IIRC, the book that introduces the term Krieger Strain - they talk about second and third generation ghouls, but I don't recall any aging issues.

+Quote Post
phasmaphobic
post Jun 15 2006, 01:58 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
In the NAG2NA's Chicago section - IIRC, the book that introduces the term Krieger Strain - they talk about second and third generation ghouls, but I don't recall any aging issues.

Thanks. That's what I'm thinking, but I wanna make sure a more in-the-know player doesn't try to school me on it.

I have plans to infect one of my players' characters, and I'm fairly sure it will be well-received as she has spoken to me of her interest in the creatures before. However, the character she is playing is currently in her early 50s, and I wanna make sure there are no other side effects before I start the ball rolling.

+Quote Post
Squinky
post Jun 15 2006, 02:04 AM
Post #9

Running Target

Member No.: 7,377

Well, I'd imagine that a 50 year old person would take the change a little harder than others, and would probably look and smell worse than younger "victims". Older humans have things like ear hair, wrinkles, hearing/vision loss, and senility to contend with, I'd hate to even see an elder ghoul medicine cabinet.

I'm suprised at the 50 year old character though, and all I can imagine is that she is a mage of some type. If so, she would pretty much have to get cyber-eyes if she wanted to see...and there are tons of issues beyond that.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Jun 15 2006, 02:06 AM
Post #10

Beetle Eater

Member No.: 2,826

Well, original infection often causes mental degeneration, so I'd use a gengineered version just to eliminate the possibility. Perhaps she's bitten by a guard animal or such infected with a Jong-Krieger Strain (primary mental affect is a crazy accent). Additionally, that allows you to give powers as you see fit.

[e] The Ancient Files: Infected

This post has been edited by Kanada Ten: Jun 15 2006, 02:22 AM

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Jun 15 2006, 03:19 AM
Post #11

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

I thought that bathing in blood keeps you youthful. Didn't Lizze Bathory prove this to us?

+Quote Post
phasmaphobic
post Jun 15 2006, 03:25 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Well, I'd imagine that a 50 year old person would take the change a little harder than others, and would probably look and smell worse than younger "victims". Older humans have things like ear hair, wrinkles, hearing/vision loss, and senility to contend with, I'd hate to even see an elder ghoul medicine cabinet.

I'm suprised at the 50 year old character though, and all I can imagine is that she is a mage of some type. If so, she would pretty much have to get cyber-eyes if she wanted to see...and there are tons of issues beyond that.

Heh, she's a face, actually. Rather wealthy, educated, and British. You'd be surprised the rep and runs you get when you have a "no-nonsense nanny-like" British Lady working as the group's legitimate public relations liason.

While I can definitely see the Ghoulishness putting a damper on her career as a face, it would be lots of run to roleplay.

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Jun 15 2006, 03:36 AM
Post #13

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

QUOTE (phasmaphobic)

Heh, she's a face, actually. Rather wealthy, educated, and British. You'd be surprised the rep and runs you get when you have a "no-nonsense nanny-like" British Lady working as the group's legitimate public relations liason.

While I can definitely see the Ghoulishness putting a damper on her career as a face, it would be lots of run to roleplay.

Dude, no one will notice. She'll just look like an eldery British matron instead of like Mary Poppins.

+Quote Post
Paul
post Jun 15 2006, 03:38 AM
Post #14

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 1,514

Where Canon stops, plot begins. Run what ever best suites the story omae.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:33 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.