Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The World Cup..., Circa 2070
Shadowmeet
post Jun 16 2006, 02:06 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,909

I was wondering if anyone thinks that the world cup has continued in 2070. Maybe played with Corp teams instead of National teams.

Some Physads and cybered players, as well as some plain lucky(full of edge) players.
I suppose that some slight rough housing could be added, but toss in weapons or guns and it would ruin it. But I think it could be fun.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Toptomcat
post Jun 16 2006, 02:08 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,112

I'm not sure. The countries that most appreciate it are such a Charlie Foxtrot at this point that I really don't know.

+Quote Post
James McMurray
post Jun 16 2006, 02:14 PM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,957

They can't have a world cup 2070. The riots that ensued during the 2069 season utterly destroyed every last soccer field, soccer ball, and soccer ball factory, not to mention killing every soccer player all the way down to the little leagues.

This is Shadowrun folks, when things devolve, they do it to the extremes. :)

+Quote Post
Geekkake
post Jun 16 2006, 03:00 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,372

The World Cup is specifically discussed in one of the SOTA books, not sure. So for 2070? I dunno, make it up, but it was around a few years earlier.

+Quote Post
JongWK
post Jun 16 2006, 03:40 PM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,992

QUOTE (Geekkake)
The World Cup is specifically discussed in one of the SOTA books, not sure. So for 2070? I dunno, make it up, but it was around a few years earlier.

SotA64 has a section on the upcoming World Cup Amazonia 2064. It includes:

- Host cities.

- List of qualified teams (plus the remaining playoffs, like UCAS-CAS).

- Bits about the player contracts market.

- Novo Maracaná stadium (capacity: 500k), which has some unique construction features.

- Interview with soccer legend Maravilha, an elf who is still Amazonia's captain at age 53.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:11 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.