> Technomancer Bonus in VR Questions
epoch
post Jun 16 2006, 05:40 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,561

Just a couple of questions:

(p.233 - The Living Persona) ...but keep in mind that they also receive +2 to all Full-VR Matrix tests as well.

#1: Does this stack with the already +2 Matrix Perception bonus for being a Technomancer?

#2: Does this entail that in full-VR a technomancer gets a +2 to their Damage Resistance and Defense rolls?

Thanx guys...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eryk the Red
post Jun 16 2006, 05:55 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,301

i don't have my book on me to check, but I'm 90% certain that yes, the matrix perception bonus and the "TMs rock in the Matrix" bonus stack. I'd say yes, it helps defense, but I'm not sure about damage resistance. I'd be inclined to say no to that, but I don't have a rules reference. That's more of a gut feeling.

+Quote Post
Shrike30
post Jun 16 2006, 05:58 PM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 98

1) No: the "keep in mind" bit seems to indicate it's a reminder of the +2 VR bonus, rather than a seperate bonus entirely.

2) (just in case you end up deciding that 1 is actually yes) no/yes: Damage resistance is an attribute test that has nothing to do with where you are or what you're doing when you take the test, so bonus dice from being in full-VR do not apply. Defense, on the other hand, is reactive to your environment and incoming threats, which means that any bonus you get for being in that environment would apply to the check, including running full-VR versus an attack on the Matrix.

+Quote Post
Serbitar
post Jun 16 2006, 06:05 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 7,534

Technomancer gets 2 dice for every matrix test just like everyone in the matrix using hot VR in addition to the +2 for matrix perception tests (+4 for matrix perception tests)

the +2 hot sim bonus also applies to matrix damage resistance test

+Quote Post
epoch
post Jun 16 2006, 07:02 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 8,561

Anyone else have any insight to this?

I mean, I agree with Serbitar, but that doesn't make it true.

The Perception thing just makes sense...in AR you get +2 matrix perception for just being a Technomancer, in VR you get another +2 because you're runnin hot.

The second question however is a little tricky...I mean, if you tke it literally, a Technomancer gets a +2 on "all" matrix tests while running hot, period...and if resistance wasn't a matrix test then why is the Armor Program rating used in the roll?

I'm just lookin for some validation peeps...what do you guys say?

+Quote Post
iron_ic
post Jun 17 2006, 11:52 AM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 8,628

Serbitar said it, thus it's either right or one of his house-rules (which are btw always worth concideration). ;)

It also seems right with me, anyway.

+Quote Post
Serbitar
post Jun 17 2006, 12:51 PM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 7,534

No house rules, just to lazy to find the quotes. But one might like at the "they also receive" in the quote mentioned above, which explicitly indicates stacking.

+Quote Post
iron_ic
post Jun 17 2006, 03:32 PM
Post #8

Target

Member No.: 8,628

Just wanted to point out that your posts are (almost) always correct.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:28 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.